[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_20240423_200027.jpg (2.76 MB, 3000x3000)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
Fuuuck, the eggs in my carbonara were scrambled again T_T
How do I prevent it?
>>
Buy an egg descrambler. They are one of the few kitchen gadgets worth the money
>>
>>20428370
Here's how I do it: Mix the eggs and cheese and pepper in a little bowl until thoroughly combined. Drain the spaghetti into a colander set over a big glass bowl; doing this warms the bowl. Dump out most of the pasta water, reserving like a cup or so, and now you have a big warm empty bowl. Dump the egg and cheese mixture into the bowl, then immediately add the pasta. Toss toss toss. Add little bits of pasta water to thin things out and emulsify what is now a sauce coating the pasta. Then mix in the cooked pork product of your choice and add more pepper until it looks like it's been downwind of a coal mine. Works for me.
>>
where are the peas
>>
>>20428370
cramm
>>
>>20428385
>Mix the eggs and cheese and pepper in a little bowl until thoroughly combined. Drain the spaghetti into a colander set over a big glass bowl; doing this warms the bowl. Dump out most of the pasta water, reserving like a cup or so, and now you have a big warm empty bowl. Dump the egg and cheese mixture into the bowl, then immediately add the pasta.
I did just that
>>
>>20428370
Who fucking cares, i like my carbonara a little scrambled and i'm from Rome
>>
>>20428370
The heat from the pasta cooks the egg.
>>
>>20428370
LISTEN CAREFULLY. THIS IS THE SECRET.

Mix sauce up in a metal bowl, remove pasta from pasta water and add to bowl, add a good bit of pasta water.

THEN THE SECRET.

You place to bowl of pasta+sauce on top of the still boiling pasta water and stir for a few minutes! This will thicken everything up beautifully with ZERO risk of overcooking. You're welcome.
>>
>>20428370
LIKE THIS! IT JUST WORKS.
>>
>>20428370
On the heat off the heat on the heat off the heat
>>
>>20428370
Cook the bacon first and make sure it’s totally cool with no frying, add some pasta water to scrape the bottom, toss the pasta in first to get it combined, then add the egg cheese mixture, toss
>>
>>20428383
thats not real
i looked it up and couldnt find anything
>>
>>20428444
dog
>>
>>20430376
you can only find them at specialty stores
>>
>>20428370
kill yourself

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.