[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled.jpg (10 KB, 225x225)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
i have 500g of leftover catappi. i want to make a one pan meal with it incorporating eggs, probably, and perhaps a kielbasa of sorts.

what veggies should i throw in there? how not to ruin it? any suggestions for a different meal from this are welcome
>>
>>20428129
Make a veggie paste and stuff each pasta with the paste. Should be good.
>>
>>20428129
slice and fry your sausage (the one for eating, not the one for fun) cook with some garlic and shallot/onion. Add a can of tomato sauce. Toss in your pasta. Stir. Add salt/pepper/hot stuff. Let simmer a minute or two. Crack an egg or two in the middle. Cover your pan. Let the egg(s) cook to how you like it. Eat your sorta-shakshuka.
>>
Probably more microplastics will give it a flavour
>>
>>20428129
I have no idea if this is already a thing or not, but yesterday I melted some american cheese and gruyere into egg yolks in a double boiler and it turned out really good. Just needed a little salt and it made an amazing burger sauce. It'd be great on pasta too.
>>
I WAS also thinking of making some mac salad with it. finely chopped carrots, onions, milk, mayo, you know the drill. still feels incomplete. how do i spruce up the shop?
>>
>>20428214
Tuna or chicken and celery is great for that mac salad, also maybw get some of those French's fried to throw on top, that makes it look fancy and stuff.
And don't leave out a few smokes for after the meal.
>>
>>20428214
I suggest a bit of hot sauce
>>
>>20428214
Also instead of mayo get some chick-fil-a sauce.
>>
>>20428129
The fact you’re here asking these questions shows your complete lack of sophistication and low intellect. Just throw a can of corn in there, and eat it like the cattle you are.
>>
>>20428337
if there's anything to deduce about me as a person from this post is that, dissimilar to you, I acknowledge the fact that other people may have thoughts more insightful than mine.

it's called communication and idea sharing. touch grass
>>
>>20428352
Here’s a recipe you might like, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1X2FBf7hw
>>
>>20428129
it's cavatappi (corkscrews)
>>
My sister-in-law's sister-in-law makes this pasta bake with kielbasa, cheese and greens (kale, I think, but it could be broccoli leaves since they're much softer than kale leaves) that she tops with sliced hard-boiled eggs after it comes out of the oven.
It's awful and awfully good. Awful because the sauce, a bechamel, is flavoured with Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning and I detest hot ranch and good because she has the sense to not add any salt to it, figuring cured sausages, sloppa powder and cheese would be plenty salty.
Maybe try that.
>>
>>20428352
That seems like some way to come across as a trannie homosexual. Come clean and you might pass Jesus, otherwise you freaks will boil in the cauldroulds of hell like your bretheren!
Only Jesus can give you forgiveness now
>>
>>20428467
I know a tranny homosexual, a transwoman who is married to a ciswoman.
>>
Milk soup
>>
>>20428129
Peppers and onions are always a safe bet. Some sliced kalamatas or other good olives could be nice too.
>Obligatory
Cum
>>
>>20428129
If you really want a pasta dish containing eggs, then the obvious answer is carbonara. Just make it a sausage one if that’s all you have and leave the vegetables out.

If you insist on vegetables, then maybe make something like a Shakshuka, only with pasta. You could easily make a tomato sauce, with onions, garlic, carrot, celery, tomato paste, maybe some wine, crushed tomato, salt pepper, oregano, a pinch of sugar, some chilli flakes. Cook that down, then add some slightly undercooked pasta, crack your eggs into the pot, cover with a lid and poach until the eggs and pasta are fully cooked to your liking. Could serve and finish with some parmesan.
>>
Cascatelli is better than “catappi”.
>>
>>20430122
Same diff
>>
>>20428129
Bell peppers, onions, the list goes on...
>>
File: img-thing_out_sm.jpg (18 KB, 300x300)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>20428129
spirals

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.