[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: system.jpg (98 KB, 1200x1200)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
If I put milk and coffee grounds in the slow cooker overnight, will I have a batch of lattes in the morning?
>>
>>20427602
it would be extremely bitter

you could just soak it in milk in the refrigerator overnight like people do with cold brew. prolonged heating will just start extracting all the bitter stuff.
>>
>>20427605
This. However, I have had milk-brewed coffee (and tea) and it can be pretty nice.
I've had it as cowboy coffee, which is similar to what you describe (coffee and milk simmered together then strained) and as steeped coffee (coffee from a press pot is steeped coffee) and both were decent because neither was overextracted
>>
File: 1690057296723.jpg (67 KB, 827x1169)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
looks retarded
just get a programmable electric moka pot
>>
File: 1710600232095876.png (1.19 MB, 1290x1359)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
In third world cunts where there aren't any good beans because they were all exported to japan and the united states for $$$, they just use instant coffee dissolved in milk, yeah yeah >instant, don't know it til you've tried it, pic unrelated
>>
>>20427653
Poland is all about that instant shit.
My country prefers proper coffee but all of the Polish immigrants we got after the fall of European communism bright their preferences for instant coffee with them and were dismayed to learn we simply didn't have the stuff at the time except for at Greek supermarkets, of which there are very few.
Anyway, this shared love of instant coffee created an unlikely friendship between Greek and Polish communities in Italy.
I only have it the Greek way IE iced and shaken (frapogalo) but I have it with milk (frapogalo me gala) but Poles only seem to like it hot
>>
>>20427687
Yeah it's weird how people from those places actually have very specific preferences about their instant. Apparently it doesn't all taste the same. Or at least they don't think so, cue the usual shortbus types screeching about how you need a 10 year double blind n>1000000 multinational study to figure out if coffee tastes different
>>
>>20427602
>If I put milk and coffee grounds in the slow cooker overnight, will I have a batch of lattes in the morning?
you seem intent on brewing coffee right in the milk.
It does not make it better.

I suggest you might be happiest with heating milk in the microwave, and spooning in instant espresso powder, whether italian or cuban granules.
>>
>>20427699
>Apparently it doesn't all taste the same.
It really doesn't. Poles in Italy used to use the Greek stuff which is spray dried and has a very different flavour and aroma from Polish instant, which is freeze dried. The two don't even look alike. All the same, back in the late 80s/early 90s when Poles in Italy had practically no other choice, they used the Greek one and learned to love it.
It's kind of like Lao and Vietnamese people in America. Unable to get their coffee in the US, they've taken a shine to two regional American brands, Community and Cafe du Monde, both of which are from Louisiana. They will use these over the stuff from their home countries now. It's fun seeing what emigration does to one's food preferences
>>
>>20427687
>>20427713
UK here, noticed Polish supermarkets (quite common) usually have a big selection of different instant coffee brands. This might explain why.
Most Britons go for Nescafe or supermarket own-brand. it's 'all the same anyway'. I can taste when it's Nescafe, even in those sticky toffee pudding etc. flavoured sachets they sell now.
Moka/stovetop pots are simple, and really not far off putting an old-school kettle on your hob. Glad they are becoming more common in households. Nicer than offering guests some boiling water with granules stirred in.
>>
>>20427636
sovless
>>
>>20427699
my dad is polish and doesn't drink coffee but he left me a bunch of nescafe instant coffee one time and it was legitimately very good coffee, it was all in italian though, some shit he bought at a european market for ultra clearance probably. it was better quality than the starbucks instant premium stuff that sells for like eight dollars a fucking tin

i can only stand the starbucks instant shit in hot milk but that nescafe stuff was drinkable hot
>>
>>20427602
You'll probably over extract the coffee. You don't need the slow cooker, put it in the fridge overnight and it should be better.
>>
>>20427743
For me it's Douwe Egberts

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.