[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: wine-with-pasta-w1.jpg (74 KB, 1000x667)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
Discuss your favourite alcohol in this thread and how you like to drink it as well as how you like to use alcohol in cooking or pairing alcohol with meals.
>>
only really use sake' for my jap dishes.

easy one is
>rinse rice so the water is no longer cloudy
>in the rice cooker add a small sheet of kombu and a cap full of sake', then steam
>in a small sauce pan mix 3 tbs of unseasoned rice vinegar, 3 tps of sugar and 2 tps of salt, and dissolve
you can figure out the rest but that's my sushi rice, you can omit the vinegar mix if you just want fragrant rice
>>
>>20427471
never had sake what's it like?
>>
>>20427473
the one I like is called yaegaki, I get the dry one. the best way I would describe is a fragrant smooth vodka with a sweetness that perfumes the inside of your mouth. can be served room temp, chilled or warm, all are fine depending on what you're in the mood for.

for cooking i used shochikubai because it's cheap shit and sweet

haven't had nigori that I remember

all of which give vile hangovers
>>
>>20427478
well the brands I recommend or had access to are the aforementioned yaegaki, and another dry one I like is namahage

shochikubai and gekkeikan should be sold in most us super markets like kroeger or albertsons
>>
>>20427481
interesting so what is the percentage of sake usually?
>>
>>20427484
similar to wine from 12-16% then there's shochu (soju if you're into k-shit) which is distilled that ranges from 20-40%; the highest I had was like 25%
>>
>>20427478
>all of which give vile hangovers
Seriously though, I see people talking about how sake doesn't give them hangovers. How?
Sake is basically the only thing that gives me hangovers. I still have it though, it's yummy
>>
>>20427494
guess they're built different, but I would assume that these are the same people that have sweet smelling urine
>>
>>20427487
yeah i wouldn't mind trying sake maybe i should give it a go how do you drink it just neet in a shot glass or something?
>>
>>20427498
usually neet, portion sizes is equivalent to a shot glass, but if you wanna go jap over ritualized style then you'll also get a tokkuri (jap flask) and sakazuki (jap shot glass).
>>
>>20427501
but for the best effect: warmed with the sake' set (tokkuri and sakazuki), which goes best with food in my opinion when served at 98 degree f, but that's just me
>>
>>20427507
ok thanks for the info maybe i'll get some sake next time i buy some alcohol
>>
>>20427516
have fun with it, anon. most stores should carry gekkeikan or shochikubai, those suck so are best suited for cooking but if that's all you got then warming or chilling them would be your best bet to make them enjoyable.
>>
File: 1713709568362637m.jpg (72 KB, 1024x888)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
My weakness is tawny port, I would down a bottle a day if I could afford it, I usually bake something to go along with it of its an aged tawny, galettes usually, pear and toasted hazelnuts with a bit of brown sugar and roquefort sprinkles then tune something I enjoy something educative most of the time, is not quite "le fancy time" but I want it to be a moment with class and comfy yes its an indulgent evening but dont want it to become excesive and of bad taste, my second favorite alcohol is syrah but that can be just my to go dinner wine no need for a ritual or anything special.
Hard booze? Ehhh I do enjoy brandy and armagnac time to time, not my thing I just drink them when im too stressed.
>>
>>20427432
If it were a $330 bottle that MIGHT be worth $700+ I might agree, but it's already worth that much today, let alone in the future.
>>
>>20427530
Makes for a GREAT addition to your Manhattan (if you drink them).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.