[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81rK-SUAIfL-1.jpg (313 KB, 2560x972)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
Any polenta enjoyers here? I've been getting into Italian foods recently and just happened to see pic related at Trader Joe's the other day so I just decided to get it. What am I in for? Also post italian food items that could be considered obscure in the US
>>
get this kike shit out of here
>>
>>20426655
checked. easy there tiger.

never been able to make it and like it; but, i still kinda like it.
>>
>>20426649
it's baby food except blander
>>
>>20426649
I dunno how hard they are to make, but fried polenta sticks are really good, love getting them at Brazilian steakhouses
>>
>>20426649
Corn polenta is very good, my favourite, but the best one is polenta taragna.
>>
File: 1692579879745741.png (130 KB, 360x358)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>>20426881
>>20426649
Corn flour, salt and water in a pot, don't let the water get too hot before the flour is properly mixed in or it will clump up.
After It starts boiling lower the heat and cook with the lid on for 30-50 minutes depending on how firm you like it.
>>20426939
Cook it until it's pretty dense, spread it out on a cutting board and after 1 hour or 2 it should be solid enough to cut and toss into the oil without falling apart.
>>
>>20426918
Only old people with intense poverty food nostalgia eat it plain.
You're supposed to put some kind of sauce, mushrooms or melty cheese on it. For me it's leek and sausage sauce.
>>
>>20426649
It's nice when it's freshly made. In my country we eat it either as a side to goulash, or with milk and sugar
>>
I love having it for breakfast. I cook with cheese in the microwave and serve with a fried or two on top.
>>
>>20428001
>Only old people with intense poverty food nostalgia eat it plain.
Depends on how plain you mean. Polenta with just a ton of parmesan added is delicious.
>>
File: polenta pizzas.jpg (915 KB, 1500x1000)
915 KB
915 KB JPG
>>20426649
I use it when I'm lazy and just want little pizzas like in the pic. slice up the "crusts" add tomato sauce or ketchup and of course cheese. bake in the air fryer for about 10 minutes and instant meal
>>
I usually hate people who come into every thread and tell the OP to "make it yourself", but you should think about making your own polenta if you find you like it. It's very quick, and when made fresh it's more like a porridge (it's basically Italian grits, if you're familiar with grits). When it cools it firms up, which is what's in your pic.

As another anon said, it's typically eaten with something saucy. Last place I worked we did polenta with osso buco. It's incredibly rich, but even just the polenta on its own was good, because we seasoned it and loaded it with butter/cream/parmesan.
>>
>>20426649
isn't polenta just dago grits?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.