[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: beef-fat-6.jpg (939 KB, 2895x2000)
939 KB
939 KB JPG
Does anyone else squeeze all the juice out before eating a meal? This is a sincere question. I make stir fry and it's always so wet from all the sauces so I put it inside a strainer and press down with paper towels. I do the same with chili if it's too watery but without pressing. I just want the chunks with flavor not the water. I also strain the fat off my cooked ground beef. There must be a better way to manage this without making extra dishes and waiting forever to eat.
>>
You should be cooking properly so excess water evaporates.
>>
>>20425866
cook something else or cook better
>>
>>20425873
Am I stuck straining the meat or should I buy 93%? It's so expensive though.

>>20425876
I'm doing my best and I love cheap homemade stir fry.
>>
>>20425885
If most of the water is from the meat you can slice it in advance and leave it in the fridge on paper towels to dry out overnight.
>>
>>20425866
You keep it on the stove until the excess water boils off you idiot.

If you want to do it the Schizo Rube-Goldberg Roundabout way you could strain off the water, boil it down, then re-add the water.

That water has a ton of flavor in it you don't want to be gone.

Could you post the finished product not just the water?
>>
>>20425866
I don't really understand how a stir fry can be wet. Are you washing your vegetables before cooking but not drying them? Paper towels do the job well enough; don't fall for the meme of the bulky and unstorable and doesn't-work-very-well-anyway salad spinner.
>>
>>20425943
I add about 1/4 c soy sauce, 1/4 c chicken stock and a lot of hot sauce to each batch. Half the time it's more stir boil than stir fry. It tastes amazing - after I strain.
>>
It might be that you add too much meat at once. Try frying your ground beef on higher heat and in smaller batches, or use less fatty. For stir frys it common to for example 70% cook your velveted meat, saving it and adding it towards the end.

Adding lots of meat to a pan or adding too much at the time will lead to the meat releasing lots of meat that doesn't evaporate, and will cause the meat to be braissed rather than fried. There's a lot of flavour in the liquid but it needs to be reduced.
>>
>>20425948
You obviously have to add this after the frying is done. You can reduce the chicken stock and even the soy sauce before adding it, if you want it more concentrated. This way you get much more flavour instead of throwing it out.
>>
>>20425866
This is a form of medium functioning autism, you should probably get some form of medication or it will be really awkward if you ever try to get a girlfriend.
>>
>>20425873
This. Sounds like you're overusing water in your cooking
>>
>>20425866
Temperature is too low.
You are overcooking the veggies.
You are crowding the pan.
You are not seperately frying the meat, noodles/rice, veggies, eggs, ect.
>>
>>20425935
this, i have to see it with my own eyes. i am ready for the horror
>>
>>20425866
What does the liquid represent to you? I do this with some things (removing excess fat from ground beef after cooking), but I don’t think I’ve ever strained chili.
>>
>>20425948
why the fuck are you adding this much liquid? you cooked the rice before right?
right??

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.