[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unnamed.png (90 KB, 398x300)
90 KB
90 KB PNG
do you passively consume food or do you take a moment to write down your thoughts on what you're eating
>>
lol
>>
I turn to an imaginary camera and describe each mouthful to the audience.
>>
As a diner, I find that jotting down my thoughts and feelings about the food I'm eating is a way to savor the moment. It's not just about the taste; it's about capturing the experience. The crispness of a fresh salad, the comforting warmth of a homemade soup, or the excitement of trying a new exotic dish—writing helps me appreciate the nuances.

It's also a form of mindfulness. When I write, I'm fully present. I notice the colors, the aromas, and how the flavors dance on my palate. It's a personal narrative that goes beyond "this is good" or "I don't like this." It's about the story behind the meal, the people I share it with, and the memories we create together.

Moreover, these notes become a culinary diary. Looking back, I can see how my tastes have evolved or be reminded of a special day. Sometimes, it's even a way to share my experiences with others, recommending dishes or warning them of the not-so-great bites.

In essence, writing about my food is a way to deepen the joy of dining. It turns a meal into an experience, a moment into a memory, and a bite into a narrative. It's a small act that enriches my relationship with food and the world around me.
>>
>>20425470
>writing it down makes it active instead of passive
not like mastication isn't active or anything.
>>
>>20425474
I do this in my head but with literally every action or thought I have for the last 15 years. Even benign stuff like opening doors or walking down stairs.

Foot placement could have been better. That wasn't the optimal point of leverage for that door. You could have peeled that banana in fewer actions.
>>
File: 1605326580939.gif (1.35 MB, 493x498)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB GIF
>>20425492
D-do you masticate in restaurants, too? Ever been arrested?
>>
>>20425470
i do this but i get food in my keyboard all the time and now it stinks so most of my digital food journal entries talk about how much my keyboard stench erodes my olfactory sensors and i can barely taste the meal
>>
>>20425470
I make a picture of my food.
>>
>>20425492
Mastication is instinctive. Writing is conscious. That's what separates food and feeding from cooking. That's what separates pigeons, babies, Neandertals on the one hand and grown-ups on the other. It's what separates talking from poetry and fighting from boxing. Activity simply won't cut it.
>>
Today I ate eggy weggy with some poppy tarty and it was goody woody (like my peanus weanus of course!)
>>
>>20425594
>Writing is conscious
your hot opinion of the food you ate is only anecdotal and therefore a waste of trees.
>>
>>20425499
Sounds like hell
>>
>>20425695
And trees don't grow on trees
>>
>>20425470
If I can't enjoy what I'm eating I'll probably just have a morsel and some water. The various components of what makes a good meal good occurs to me while I'm cooking and eating.
>>
>>20425499
Lel
>>
>Dear Diary. Today I had a personal pan pizza. It tasted good. I'm still a virgin.
>>
>>20425470
I don't think I'm narcissistic enough to write down my thoughts.
>>
>>20425499
I imagine people who I'm mildly acquainted with for some unexplained supernatural reason being able to see things through my eyes, and being captivated by my mundane routine.
>>
>>20425938
>he didn't lose his virginity to a lukewarm pizza with stuffed crust
What are you even doing?
>>
>>20425951
I'm a pedophile.
>>
>>20425956
>haven't even fucked any kids
You sure? You might just be really into the 2d kind.
>>
File: large.jpg (20 KB, 500x313)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>20425470
>do you take a moment to write down your thoughts on what you're eating
oh yea i totally do this
>>
>>20425470
>do you passively consume food or do you take a moment to write down your thoughts on what you're eating
I used to be in the top 10% Trip Advisor ranking and nothing was going to knock me off the top, just have the income, and travel, I guess.

Still I was kind of amazed because a few hotels and restaurants had NDAs that you were forbidden to review them, but at some point, I just stopped writing about food or snapping a pic or two, despite several pretty unique experiences. I haven't done a single review in about 3 yearrs. I used to try to boost a local restaurant here and there, to help them stay in business, but I just live in the moment now though I still am seeking the new and the acclaimed. It kind of realized it was an unpaid chore, or maybe I'm too tired, lol. /shrug
>>
>>20425470
>do you take a moment to write down your thoughts on what you're eating
>>
>>20425470
I saw this thread on /a/ a few days ago
>>
>>20425499
Sounds very neurotic, do you narrate anything positive
>>
>>20426103
congratulations
>>
Now maybe I will
>>
>>20426103
>le I’ve already participated in this thread so nobody else has to thanks guys I’ll take it from here
Fuck off redditor gatekeeper
>>
>>20425470
The only 'thoughts' I write down about what I'm eating when I'm eating it are small fixes to balance the recipe I'm refining.
>>
i shovel whatever garbage i made into my mouth and await death
>>
>>20425499
Peeling bananas is like two actions. Pinch bottom and pull down.
>>
>>20425470
Who would ruin a perfectly good meal with writing something down? Enjoy the flavours, idiot
>>
>>20425470
I just think “Damn, this food is great” or “Damn, this food fucking sucks” and move on with my life.
>>
>>20425941
You just did, though.
>>
i passively consume chocolate a couple times a day. like if i have a tube of mini-m&ms I'll have a few after work and then again before bed.
>>
>>20425470
And yet, there was more. For in this crisp time when autumn begins to fade, the chef brings chicken in habanero, and even adds habanero powder to the crust. But the heat is restrained. You experience the fruity, delicious flavor of this without any spicy pain. I don't need any more pain. Hell, does anyone?
>>
>>20429907
me me me
if you fellows don't like spicy things, just email them to me.
>>
Already made a thread months ago, but I like to think about certain scenarios depending on the food I'm eating, like assembling a car with hamburgers, sampling soil with cheese, cooking fish in the wild with fried chicken, or Harry Potter's alchemy class with spaghetti bolognese
>>
>>20425492
>>20425535
>>20425594
Remember anons, nature will castigate those who don't masticate

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.