[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How important is presentation? And do you care about it when it comes to homemade stuff?
>>
>>20425410
little and no
>>
>>20425410
they're inseperable, you can't make bad food that looks good. Just because it isn't arranged autistically doesn't mean it doesn't look good. Good food looks good, shitty food looks shitty. I care about making good food. When I succeed, it looks good and it is inevitably good. When I've failed, i don't even need to taste it to know. Hope that makes sense
>>
Part of the pleasure of eating well is the feeling of destroying something beautiful
>>
>>20425410
Eating is a sensory experience, more than just taste.

Fancy froo froo plating is dumb, but things like adding color to a dish with a garnish and serving your beverage in a glass instead of out of a can absolutely has an effect on how you percieve a meal.
>>
>>20425410
i literally don't care at all
>>
>>20425410
Very cool, I thought it was a real millipede.
>>
>>20425410
it's only important if you want to flex on someone. Otherwise, your dish is meant to nourish, be tasty, and just turn into poop.
>>
>>20425423
>you can't make bad food that looks good
I'd like to point you to literally anything made in Japan.
>>
>>20425410
>How important is presentation? And do you care about it when it comes to homemade stuff?
Entirely gay question
Should have kept it to yourself
Faggot
... Should have known by now nobody cares
>>
File: inner nature.jpg (92 KB, 960x720)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>20425410
Would you eat pickles laid out next to the sink any other way?
>>
>>20425410
presentation is a direct function of its environment. you would not show up at a jobsite in a suit, nor would you show up at a hedge fund in a hoodie.
>>
File: 1581523041474.jpg (87 KB, 796x960)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>20425410
>>
>>20425463
been trying strict OMAD for a couple months. What I find interesting is that you can see without question what your food ends up as. Ill keep a camera roll of before and afters on the occasions I remembered to take a pic my cooking and it had an interestjng result
>>
File: 8sgj5eaxr2931.jpg (26 KB, 691x411)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>20425423
>Good food looks good, shitty food looks shitty
this is not even remotely true
you have been here way too long
>>
>>20425410
I don't care about it at all when I'm cooking at home
I pile everything on top of each other like slop
>>
>>20425465
i can't think of any japanese food that looks bad, much less bad that looks good, could you provide some examples?
>>20426142
could you provide some examples? I thought about the argument of things like TV commercial/ad food, poisoned food, spoiled food, but it's literally not food, i would say you can make non-food that looks uncannily like food, but if you were to see it in person you would start to see weird things that don't look right.
Large cues for flavor and texture can be discerned at a visual level.
Good and shitty are also extremes. I'm not implying you can't enjoy bad food, even that I don't, or that food can't look just "fine" or "ok", also being as such.
OPs pic is "ok" food. It's just crab and some weird fruit salad arranged intentionally. Nothing shitty, nothing to celebrate.
>>20425838
>kidney beans beans dumped out of a can
Looks like the bad version of OP's "ok", not quite shitty (inedible trash) not the sort of bad that I enjoy (goyslop) but I'm sure some bean weak bugman would eat it
>>
>>20425833
I love how they are acting like this is an impressive spread when they live in a cookie cutter small apartment
>>
>>20425833
AI slop
>>
>>20426564
Bigger than mine, probably cheaper too
>>
>>20425423
>Good food looks good
One of my favorite homemade dishes is a bean stew that looks like mortifyingly horrific congealed sludge
>>
>>20425410
>>20425838
babe what's the matter? you've hardly touched the crabtipede
>>
>>20425410
Very important. First thing we experience with food is sight. Does it look good? Does the meat look juicy or dry? Does it look fresh or rancid? Its an evolutionary response to avoid bad looking food.
I like the food I make at home to look nice. Makes me feel like I've done a good job

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.