[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: popular-fast-food-share.jpg (425 KB, 1160x639)
425 KB
425 KB JPG
I went to Mc Donalds for the first time in years and my meal was fucking 18 dollars. That's what I used to spend for like a steak dinner, well maybe like 25 but close enough. Yet I see these people in the parking lot that are obviously poor as fuck low class scum, and I know tons of people that not only pay this but also pay someone to deliver to them while being broke ass college students or neets.

Are these people just debtmaxxing? How are low/middle class people affording this? 18 dollars is like a good size tube of hamburger you can make like 10 of your own that are 3x bigger than the patties you get at fast food restaurants.
>>
>>20422891
Like any good drug dealer they’ve hooked their customers on the saturated fat and sugar and now they’ll pay any price to get it. Soon you’ll see people selling their appliances and stealing car radios to buy McD’s
>>
>>20422891
>buy steak for $13
>buy 5 pound bag of potatoes for $4
Make some potato salad with the leftovers and there you go.
>>
>>20422891
Same thread different day.
>>
>>20422941
It's not I want to know how poors are still buying this. It cant be addiction, buying drugs is literally cheaper now.
>>
>>20422979
>it can't be addiction
That's exactly what it is. People have been trained to become like cattle, they "need" to eat food and obviously they just can't find the time/energy/money to just make their own food so they go broke paying for slop. They don't realize this because they don't consider their slop to be the same as drugs
>>
>>20422891
Fast food isn't a bargain anymore. The mcdonalds of today is basically a totally different restaurant than it was 10 years ago.
>>
>>20422941
If you are getting tired of the board, be the difference you want to see (actually cook something and post pictures) or take a break, buddy.
>>
>>20423013
i think taco bell uses some forbidden bacteria in their meat that hangs in your gut biome and makes you crave it once a month, because i get taco bell probably once a month, enjoy the shit out of it, and then shit my brains out
either that or their meat is ground up rats and dogs. maybe if i try eating neighborhood pets it will sate my occasional craving
>>
How can you people unironically defend these corporations that murder and massacre animals on a daily basis.
As a Vegan all of you should be ashamed for giving your money to these greedy soulless corporations.
>>
>>20422891
They're trapped and the fast food joints know it
Obviously the cost for everything doubled, but it will take time for inflation to catch up (and if you think wage inflation will double I've got a bridge to sell you)
In the meantime these companies know that people's time throughout the day is limited and they're taking advantage of their position as a time-saving resource before competition from other markets kicks in and makes them less appealing, even at their prices
I've worked from home for the past 15 years and as such, my time for cooking is above-average, but I see these companies hover over regular people like vultures in the sky
If you're trapped in a system where you depend on fast food, realize you're not a customer, you're a resource, you're prey to them
I shit on meal prep people every chance I get, because again, WFH, that's not an issue for me, but in this system today, it's reasonable
Look to Korean cuisine with all the different sides, that way you can make a bunch of different meals based around a core plate by changing out your banchan to fall back on for variety
>>
>>20423261
JFC dude, it's Sunday, give it a rest
>>
>>20422891
Coupons, deals and a la carte items. My gf and I managed to get 3 sandwiches each and medium fries for around $7 by app maxxing and not buying overpriced stuff like drinks and so on.
>>
>>20423301
anti semites should be force fed fast food eater feces until death
>>
>>20422979
why do you let poors live rent free inside your head? do you yearn to be a peasant or something?
>>
here's the full pic since op is a nigger and posted a shitty crop
im surprised about sonic
>>
>>20423304
I mean, yeah... this is why people hate you, because that's where you mind goes immediately, to forcing someone to eat shit
>>
File: 1707341484379098.png (1.21 MB, 1920x1080)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
You're welcome :)
>>
>>20422936
The just make it at home people are faggots. Without exception they are faggoty little fagits
>>
>>20423974

I'm not rich enough to insulate myself from seeing poor people and their dumb antics. I actually have to pay my taxes and go outside wealthy enclaves.
>>
>>20422891
I used to religiously eat fast food because the value per dollar was unbeatable. Over the last decade or so prices have risen so much that I never go anymore. I've been to a McDicks maybe twice in the last five years, both times because I was with someone who wanted to go. So, congrats to these greedy cunts for breaking me of my addiction. I don't even really get my favourite—pizza—anymore; stop into a LC maybe once every 2-3 months for the cheapest pizza they've got.
>>
>>20424285
>I actually have to pay my taxes
lmao you're an even bigger cuck than poorfags.
>>
File: Ponder Pepe.jpg (121 KB, 1278x993)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
Do yanks even cook or is the whole "they only eat out" a meme? To me, buying basic stuff and whipping out a meal from those is the norm.
>>
>>20424978
Reddit, twitter, and /int/ are not real life.
>>
>>20424991
I'm very well aware. I don't browse any of those. I used to browse /int/, but I kinda just stopped, wasn't interested anymore.
>>
>>20422891
what are yall getting for $18? yeah shit has gotten more expensive, a large big mac meal is like $10 and change instead of $9 and change. Do you live in some remote mountain town?
>>
File: 1707903780633618.gif (2.35 MB, 272x480)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB GIF
>>20424978
Do all euros live in plato's cave, thinking the social media shadows they see on the wall define reality?
>>
>>20425224
No?
>>
>>20425231
Then why do you reply to every discussion vaguely regarding america asking retarded questions as if something you saw on social media is how the country works?
>>
>>20425242
Because it's funny.
>>
File: 1698688987258451.png (3 KB, 123x126)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>20424978
In my experience it's almost always men that do this. If American men have a decent woman at home, then they will eat homecooked food that she cooks, but if they live by themselves (or god forbid, live with other male housemates) then they eat out or eat trash like plain ramen 100% of the time. This has been true for every single male I've known, friends, boyfriends, even the dads of friends or boyfriends. Case in point, one boyfriend's dad was totally addicted to eating out to the point where he was angry he "only" had 100$ to eat out per week because he wasn't making as much money at his job at the time. This was 15 years ago, so imagine the buying power of a hundred bucks for fast food back then. He had a total meltdown because of this. I also witnessed this fully grown man having multiple melties in his car when he would take us out to eat, because the staff was not fast enough. I saw him angrily drive away from various establishments because he wanted his food "right now." Of course, the time it takes to drive to a new restaurant and place another order probably took longer than just waiting for the first place to finish the order. And yes, he ate out for every single meal, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only thing I liked about it was he would bring me home tasty food as well, fancy stuff like PF Changs from his business meetings. Male Amerimutts are literally retarded and helpless babies. This is why so many of them are choosing to become fags or troon out, because they see it as "easier." Anything "easier" is better to them, which is why they eat out instead of simply cooking food at home since that takes a modicum of effort that they don't want to put forward.
>>
>>20425260
Ghastly.
>>
>>20425245
Your nigger brain is funny
>>
>>20425379
Do not mistake me for a negro, just because you are butthurt, yank.
>>
>>20425260
>anime image
>almost semi-believable anecdote reminiscent of usual /b/ stories
>sneaks in typical tourist buzzwords and culture war faggotry at the very end
They're learning.
>>
File: 1672971957068424.jpg (191 KB, 930x674)
191 KB
191 KB JPG
>>20425846
Not everything is fake, I have no reason to write all this out on /ck/ which is basically a dead board. It's all my true memories and thoughts so take that for what you will.
>>
>>20424978
There are over 330 million of us. There's no general statement about how we prepare and/or obtain food that applies to everyone.
>>
>>20426025
>beep bop boop not everything is fake brrrr wip weep /ck/ is basically a dead board, algorithms do not compute bip bip brrrrrb
>>
>>20424978
Eating out is more common in America than in Europe, or at least was, due to relatively low prices of fast food. Go back five years and you had five dollar footlongs, four for five etc. type of deals. Especially with American hourly wages being relatively good (+35 dollars/hour for most educated people), the relative price was just atractive.

Burger King in early 2010s reported that like fifth of their sales came from 'whale customers' who would eat in BK at least eight times a week or something insane like that.
>>
My wage in Subway has gone up from 11 dollars to 20 dollars in five years. Why wouldn't I be able to afford McD?
>>
>>20425260
Birds of a feather flock together.
>>
File: 1697174980993623.png (84 KB, 749x550)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>>20426037
Are you trying to imply I'm a robot? Look, I'm just autistic, that's it.
>>
>>20426032
Fair.
>>20426040
That's pretty nutty ngl.
Heh... "Nutty".
>>
>>20426059
>I's ams autistic-o-tron 4000, fellow human, brrrb bop bip beep. You and I are the same brddd barp bsshhh. I like the human things that you do brzzzzzzz
>>
I do not eat beefburgers
>>
>>20426059
if ck is dead then you spend a shitload of time on 4ch
>>
>>20424174
How the FUCK are there that many Sonic locations? It's the worst burger joint of anything on this infograph and that's saying a lot.
>>
>>20424174
Culversbros..
>>
>>20422891
Use the app if money is an issue, poor.
>>
>>20424282
Enjoy your $40 big mac then. Not to worry, you're in the top 1% of net worth in the US so this is of no consequence to you
>>
>>20426040
>whale customers
Lol,
>>
>>20424978
I have a grim, brutal pill for you that the other americans will hate me for letting out: even when they cook, they don't cook.
>some box mix hamburger helper shit
>heating up frozen dinner in the oven
>combining 2 or 3 frozen or premade ingredients, like making frozen potatoes and gravy from a packet
This is what 90% of american "families" eat when the mom "cooks dinner"
>>
>>20422891
Mods need to start banning these "waaah I'm too poor for fast food threads"
>>
File: xysvpr37qtt61.jpg (466 KB, 1017x1600)
466 KB
466 KB JPG
>>20426951
Sad.
>>
>>20426974
>that pic
The truth is, America was always money-obsessed. There was never a 'good America'.

'As one digs deeper into the national character of the Americans, one sees that they have sought the value of everything in this world only in the answer to this single question: how much money will it bring in?'
- Tocqueville (1830)
>>
>>20426974
>not understanding the origin and control of the "comic book" industry
Sad.
>>
you have to use the apps at fast food places to get deals
I got 10pc nuggets and two double cheeseburgers on friday for $6 in jew york city
Ordering full meals is fucking retarded
Don't ever get the fries
>>
>>20422891
There's no McDonalds meal that costs 18 dollars god I hate Australians so much. WE KNOW YOUR CURRENCY IS SHIT. FUCK OFF.
>>
File: saucy.jpg (110 KB, 930x604)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>Went to McDonald's
>Got my pinkie shot off
I'm McLoving it!
>>
>>20423227
Yet the quality has also skyrocketed.
>>
>>20423274
It doesn't even save you time if grabbing McDolans is a 15 minute detour.
You can whip up any sloppa within 20 minutes, including burgers. And I mean *any* good hearty homemade sloppa.
What's the big cookage with burgers, otherwise?

Maybe if you feel like getting Chinese and are not very adept at cooking it it's a different topic.
>>
>>20425260
>>20426025
Tits or gtfo
>>
>>20426985
>some whiny europoor seethed about a new nation before it was cool
k
>>20426969
>stop talking about food!
>>
>>20427034
if it was over that sweet chili sauce, i can understand it
>>
File: 1711938731899957.png (59 KB, 1888x397)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>20422891
>Are these people just debtmaxxing?
The whole country is
>>
>>20422891
context for pic?
>>
I never buy outside, it is too expensive

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.