[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: salmon.jpg (388 KB, 2472x807)
388 KB
388 KB JPG
what's a good salmon dish that you can make in 30 minutes at most? this is only for myself too so no big roasts or whatever
>>
>>20422101
cooked salmon
>>
>>20422101
Ah, my dear friend, let me tell you about a culinary delight that will have your taste buds dancing with joy - the Salmon en Papillote, a dish so exquisite, so divine, that it can be prepared in a mere 30 minutes, transforming your kitchen into a veritable symphony of flavors!
>>
>>20422101
Put salmon in oven
>>
>>20422101
Clean the fish, rub it with blackpepper, thyme and dill, put in a oven for around half an hour. Serve hot with parsley and a lemon wedge.
>>
>>20422101
apply heat to salmon. enjoy.
>>
>>20422101
some anon a few years back shared this and it was great
>>20411419
if that link to the other thread doesn't work I'll repost it for you
>>
Salmon with piccata
>>
i make all whole fish the same. cover in chermoula and marinate in the fridge for a while, put in a baking dish and bake till done with last 5 minutes with a broiler to crisp up the skin, take fish out of the dish and deglaze with a bit of water, maybe add a bit of butter to make a sauce out of that and eat with a baguette to mop it up
>>
>>20422101
Pan fried with butter, rose pepper, and some thyme.
Serve with greek salad and quinoa.

No recipe needed.N8XSW
>>
Put salmon in air fryer. Wait till it is done. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Done.
>>
>>20422101
Sweat shallots in butter, stir in flour and cook on very low heat to make a white roux, add some white wine, water or at best fish fond/fumet.
Then get the smalles pan/pot that barely fits your fish and cover it up halfway with white wine and braise it. Turn the fish after half of the time. If it's fully cooked add he fond to the sauce and sprinkle over some parsley.
>>
Just eat it raw like the glorious nips
>>
>>20422912
Generally good advice, but be aware that the hellish environment inside an air fryer will overcook salmon in approximately zero seconds, so you gotta be extra careful.
>>
>>20422120
>half an hour
20 minutes at the most
>>
pan fry a filet with a soy sauce and maple syrup glaze
>>
>>20422965
gonna try this with some pollock
maybe with a squirt of lemon
>>
>>20423102
>nips
>glorious
kek
>>
>>20423414
I said around half an hour, because i didn't clarify any heat.
>>
>>20422101
Eat it raw
>>
>>20423524
It works with everything and you can also add everything that goes well with fish. Lemon, cream, dill, hummer/crab butter, champignons i even tried it once with cidre brut instead of white wine which was quite interesting. A few recipes also call for truffles or cheese similar to sauce mornay.
>>
>>20422152
damn that does look good
>>
>>20425318
not sure if you caught it but later in the thread I realized that I didn't use butter.
>>20425313
I kind of figured it was versatile. I've just been blackening my pollock or cod. but that gets old
>>
>>20422101
Cook it skin side up in a skillet and then place in the oven to finish. The Maillard reaction is equally true in salmon as it is in beef and chicken.
>>
>>20422101
Dill and lemon pepper. Don't use farmed Atlantic Salmon. Use Steelhead or Coho if you have to get farmed.
>>
>prior to cooking season salmon with salt on both meat and skin side (score the skin side prior)
>in a cast iron or whatever sear the salmon on both meat and salt side, don't cook completely and take set aside
>in the same skillet add butter and then brown some minced garlic
>pour in chicken or veggie stock with some tarragon
>re add the salmon and braise that shit
>last 5 minute add either cream or sour cream if you want a little tang
>plate and eat that shit
>>
>>20427429
if you want you could also lightly coat the salmon in flour prior to searing it if you wanna thicken the sauce

also
>preheat oven to 350 or something
>same as the previous recipe season with salt prior to cooking
>in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, dill, grated garlic and black pepper
>place salmon in a baking dish and slather that mayo mix on it
>bake till complete
>>
marinate 1/2 hour to 1 hour in soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, garlic
air fry 13 mins

wa la
>>
>>20422101
dont listen to these gordons

get urself a rice cooker
throw rice, frozen salmon, frozen veggies with some water inside and season it occasionally

??

enjoy healthy and steamed meal
>>
>>20427451
>season it occasionally
>in a rice cooker, that needs to be sealed to do its work
are you from a future timeline where you can open up rice cookers in the cooking process and not fuck shit up or are you using the cheap $40 ones you get at the super market
>>
>>20422101
Get fresh salmon first off that's the absolute most important thing. Seafood that isn't fresh tastes like shit.

Preheat your oven to whatever Google says and start the instant pot making rice. I use more water than recommended because I hate dry rice. Rice add some salt to the water to taste and a tiny tiny dash of olive oil

Get a small spice bowl.
I like to mix up (no you're not getting quantities because I never write shit down):
Stone ground mustard or brown spicy mustard
Bit of honey
Soy sauce as the base
Bit of salt
Bit of freshly cracked pepper
I usually pick some spices at random from the rack and toss some in.

Slap it on the fish.

Cut up some broccoli or asparagus
Add a dash of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Wrap it in foil

Stick it in with the fish on a pan

Cook until the inside of the fish reaches what Google says is safe then pull it out. Shouldn't be that long.

Instant pot should be done with the rice by now. Slather butter and salt on the rice to taste.

Slap it all on a plate and eat. I like plain rice with just butter and salt personally.
>>
File: 20240423_200333.jpg (2.05 MB, 1887x2416)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
>>20422965
>>20425313
I got to it tonight and anon wasn't lying.
I did use Pollock, subbed white onion and used try herbs, dill and finished with parsley.
Also used some lemon juice
Use salmon or what have around, and it will be great
Thanks anon
>>
>>20422101
Salmon vegetable omelette?
If it's farmed so parasite free you can add it to instant ramen raw (the broth will cook it) with some green onions and a couple boiled eggs.
>>
>>20427429
could throw in some mustard as well to change up the flavor
>>20427451
>dont listen to these gordons
your recipe sounds like it'll taste ass

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.