[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

When butter's too hard to spread, i melt it in my mouth, pour it out back on the break and get amazed at the stroke of genius that is my lifehack.
It's impossible to top in its brilliance

Any cooking hacks you'd like to share?
>>
>>20412656
slice the butter thinly and let it sit on the bread for a couple minutes, it'll soften faster since it's sliced thin
>>
That is an unreal level of retardation
Anon
>>
>>20412656
I just have a butter dish that I leave on the counter. check out crate n barrel. it really is dope. you can buy things of some quality for reasonable prices.
>>
I take the bread and ball it around the butter and compact it into a little wad and eat it all at once.
>>
Use your teeth for shredding veggies
>>
>>20412656
Freeze butter for a few days then put it in the fridge. The butter will stay soft even when cold now.
>>
>>20412741
Not true
>>
>>20412741
I freeze cheese in portions that won't spoil. Some of the time it can be grated normally after and some of the time it completely crumbles trying.
>>
>>20412656
I just don't eat butter since I am not a fat fuck
>>
>>20412876
I've been pouring melted butter down your throat while you sleep.
>>
I just stick it under my armpit for a while (wrapper on, of course).
>>
File: IMG_0178.jpg (36 KB, 422x237)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>20412659
>>
I have a rotary grater. I run the butter through it when we have people over for tea or any dinner where buttered bread is going to be part of the meal. Works a treat.
>>
>>20412656
So the correct way to spread butter is with a spoon. Use the back of the spoon to shave off a thin layer of budda that keeps folding into itself so you have a decent amount but it is not a solid chunk. The convex shape is much better for apply the spread then a straight flat surface. Will leads to a much more uniform pattern with less downward effort so you don't shred the bread.
>>
>>20412861
you replied an hour later. that's not enough time to freeze the butter.
>>
>>20412656
Keep butter on the counter and it'll attract grease ants, then spread the ants on your bread for a crunchy treat.
>>
>>20412659
I use my deli slicer to do this, if you know you know
>>
I boil water in advance and put it in the freezer so I always have boiling water ready to go.
>>
Oil too hot? Add a bit of cold water to get it down to a reasonable temperature.
>>
File: fryer.webm (909 KB, 268x326)
909 KB
909 KB WEBM
>>20413110
>>
>>20413139
The apocalyptic mess means it's working
>>
>>20413139
i waaaaant my d-aa-ah-ah-ah-aaaah-ady
>>
The less alkaline your pancake batter is the whiter they'll turn out.
>>
Do the same trick to cool off boiling oil. Tell us how it went
>>
>>20412656
You need to open a restaurant, OP.
>>
File: 1704567511869249.jpg (49 KB, 634x303)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>20412656
you need a hot knife
>>
File: 1683516992185441.jpg (9 KB, 500x281)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
if you have warm hands, you can also use a titanium-copper knife to transfer the heat of your hands to the butter to melt it
>>
>>20413139
I want the story behind this. I'm guessing revenge.
>>
>>20416203
lol no way heat would transfer from your hand to the butter fast enough to have any difference compared to a regular stainless steel butter knife. Heat pipes need a temperature differential to work and they certainly don't work when the liquid in the heat pipes cannot be vaporized. That shit is the epitome of gimmicky.
>>
>>20416216
i have no idea where you got the idea that this is a heat pipe. it's just a knife made out of a titanium-copper alloy. and you are plain wrong either way, there is at least a 30C temperature differential between your hands and cold butter, and that is enough for a heat pipe to work
>>
>>20416203
it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR8u__Hcb3k&t=173s
>>
File: 1713551780255.jpg (59 KB, 530x360)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
Despite OP's bait thread, I'll post an actual tip that most people don't know about

The reason your produce goes bad super quick is because of the moisture in whatever container you're storing them in. Never leave green leafy vegetables in bags, all that moisture will cause it to rot super quickly.

If you want to ensure your fruits and vegetables last way, way longer, wrap them in a paper towel/line the container with paper towels to absorb the moisture. I've got a romaine stalk that still looks like the day I bought it, but it's been sitting in my fridge for like 10 days now, still perfectly crisp. This works for berries and other fruits that go bad quickly as well.
>>
>>20416254
Why not just plain copper? Titanium doesn't conduct heat well, and a knife for spreading butter doesn't need to be very hard metal.
Also a butterknife with a heat pipe wouldn't work anyway since the hot end has to be below the cold end so that the refrigerant condensing on the cold end flows back to the hot end.
>>
>>20416296
i suspect that it is a copper core with a coating of titanium for looks and corrosion resistance. they don't make it very clear. plain copper would probably not be food safe, and it would look like shit after using it once.
>>
>>20412960
>tea
>works a treat
BONG ALERT BONG ALERT BING BONG
>>
I'm sick of dropping this morsel all the fucking time but all you need to do is work the butter back and forth in the tub. It takes 2 seconds, fuck your gimmicky copper-alloy-śoyboy-2000. Just give your butter a little knifey knifey it loosens up and becomes spreadable immediately. If you buy butter in foil then you will need to put it in a bowl. You're welcome, retards, I figured this out at 10 years old btw. Stick your rotary graters and deli slicers up your unimaginative buttholes
>>
File: 1704803819057104.png (1000 KB, 1315x899)
1000 KB
1000 KB PNG
you have to use a special butter knife with holes. the heat of the holes melts the butter.
>>
File: 1682830716387232.jpg (41 KB, 477x1157)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
just make your own fresh butter at home
>>
I'm not on /ck very often, so I'll have to ask... Is this a board-typical bait thread?

Who the fuck leaves an opened block/stick of butter in the fridge???
>>
>>20416572
literally everybody who lives in a civilized country
>>
>>20416575

ok so this IS a bait thread, got it
>>
>>20416558
>the heat of the holes melts the butter
>>
>>20416572
Right. I store it in the freezer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.