[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

I figured I'd make one. I only ever come back for cons I'm going to. Any of you men going?

Yeah I know it's expensive. And mostly drunk. But I enjoy the atmosphere and laying by the pool during the day.

I've been serious on the diet and exercise train. Should be looking good enough for my Krauser cosplay in a month.
>>
File: 1456452520443.jpg (1.25 MB, 2863x4096)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
Oh hey, someone beat me to it. I will be there, it's the only one I refuse to miss. There's a reason I've oriented my concept of time to "How long is it before Colossal again?" Every year always has at least one unbelievable moment, and I'm ready for more. Especially since I'm intent on going even more out of my comfort zone
>>
>>10910927
what are you gonna do anon
>>
File: 1455942571215.jpg (79 KB, 500x704)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>10910933
Wherever I felt I'm being called in the moment so it's impossible to be sure right now. The premise is really just to be more adventurous since last year I felt I stuck to the same rooms too much (one of which was down the hall from me) and went to sleep "early" every night
>>
File: colossaltweet.jpg (58 KB, 665x323)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
Colossalcon!? Absolutely not!
If you go, you're a racist! And that's the bottom line, cause Makeba said so!
>>
>>10910944
I am so it's fine. Also fat phobic because I aim to have a presentable body.
I also hate trans people since I prefer dating actual women.
I like gays though. Gay guys usually have an excellent aesthetic.
Anyway. Any excellent cosplay plans though?
>>10910927
Is this like doing coke of someone tits comfort zone or like you might say high to someone else on the elevator?
>>
>>10910988
>doing coke of someone tits comfort zone
You know what, that's not a bad idea. I was getting fairly close to that level last year. Several of my CC experiences are in the Con Stories and Cons You'll Never Forget thread. Being called a LARPer recently was pretty amusing desu
>>
Only going to freak out people who go to bike week. Also the regular guest that happen to be there during the con for some reason.
My dream is to actually to get a hotel some day but it will mostly be a 1 day con till I can.
>>
>>10911065
There are very few normies that end up there anymore. I have met some cool bikers at the convention center bar! They were buying us shots for our labyrinth cosplay saying they loved the old school stuff.
>>
>>10910944
Dunno who this is and don't care. Aging ugly e-whores will say anything to get views for their OF.
>>
I hope you're all braced for the endless string of terrible "Bruh...only in Ohio :skull" jokes. If you've ever been to CC even once, you know they're exactly the types to do it
>>10911078
2021 had quite a few normies, 22 had some and last year I remember almost none. Preferably, it stays that way desu
>>
File: 1000015376.jpg (72 KB, 613x460)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I'll be there this year, I remember years ago when stray bikers would wonder in an just look confused as fuck. But at this point I doubt they would give a fuck to fight the traffic coming in.

if you see a group of Carl's come say high and we'll give you a free necklace.
>>
File: 1710182153343939.jpg (416 KB, 1280x1440)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
I'll be going; I've been working out since January to tone my body for my Simon cosplay along with a few other Gainax/Trigger costumes. Barring abs, I've been doing pretty good on the grind so far.
>>
>>10910912
I’d becoming back from Momocon that same week, but I might drive up for a day just to feel a sense of nostalgia.
>>
I'm hoping the weather this year is good. I really like laying in the sun by the pool. It's comfy.
>>
>>10910912
Not this year but hopefully I can go to next year's. Trying for DragonCon this year as my first real "party con" instead.

>>10911165
>Simon
Based taste
Remember that abs are all about body fat percentage, you can only do so much just from working out
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAA.png (247 KB, 406x336)
247 KB
247 KB PNG
>>10911512
Yeah, that's the kicker. I've been doing more ab workouts on my splits (rope crunches, leg raises, core rotations) and I feel like I've made a dent, but I'm nowhere close to a six pack. Something tells me I gotta focus on the form and slow my reps down for a proper burn.

If I can at least have a toned midsection when Colossal rolls around, I'm gonna call that a win in my book.
>>
>>10911571
Diet homie. You got to cut calories hard and get below the 15 percent body fat percentage . Which sucks fucking dick. Being only a month left you probably won't see any abs this year. Keep working out though! That will still make you stand out in the crowd.
>>
First time going to this con with my best friend. We decided to yolo this event and barley start the ball rolling with securing travel and hotel/rented house for this con. Where are some good hotels that are close enough to the con for a cheapish uber ride back and forth for the con? We are flying in. also any tips for this con? First time going to a waterpark based con.
>>
File: 1000015450.png (656 KB, 1177x629)
656 KB
656 KB PNG
>>10911678
>Where are some good hotels that are close enough to the con for a cheapish uber ride back and forth for the con?

That's the neat part, there aren't any.
>>
File: file.png (228 KB, 366x658)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>10911678
>>10911681
>Hotel
The Kalahari parking lot
>Room
The backseat of your car
>Distance
a couple hundred feet
>Price per night
$0
I say this with no irony whatsoever, and would rather do that than stay anywhere off site unless it was also free
>also any tips for this con?
Be prepared to go either full No Sleep mode or miss all the best parts
>>
>>10911681
>>10911682
Damn, well I just scored gold, found someone selling their tickets at a loss. got 2 4day tickets for 100$

>Hotel The Kalahari parking lot

fuck we are flying in. Seeing this picture do you have to travel by boat to get to the con?!?
>>
>>10911684
So the real answer is the most affordable places are probably like 10 to 20 miles away in places like Huron or Amherst. The budget options used to be one of the many hotels on the same road as Kalahari but they're all way overpriced now. You're lucky to find one for less than 200 a night. I used to stay at Great Wolf for less than 1000 for the week but now it's like 500 a night.

There is a camp ground near cedar point which is a super budget option if the weather is nice, but prepare to get woken up by bikers revving their motorcycles.
>>
>>10911678
If you are flying in then I'd suggest calling every day next month and asking for room openings.
Honestly I found it's not worth going to this con unless you can stay on sight.
>>
>>10911684
>got 2 4day tickets for 100$
Nice going, cause that's about what they're worth if we're being honest. I find the convention is a total afterthought. And by the way, check the back entrance to the water park before buying tickets to that. The doors are unlocked during the day every time I've been
>Seeing this picture do you have to travel by boat to get to the con?!?
That's a picture of Cedar Point. The Kalahari proper is several miles south
>>
>>10911684
This. >>10911696
Also, the only public place in Sandusky that's only accessible by boat is Put-In Bay. Everywhere else is pretty much easy to get to by car.

>>10911642
I'll do my best!! The goal is tone and keeping the area flat, after all.
>>
how many SA will there be at colossal this year? place your bets!
>>
>>10911682
Or you could just find someone willing to let you sleep on the floor of their hotel room.
>>
>>10911699
Let's set a new record anon! Me and my homies love SA's!
Sick animes are great in general.
>>
>>10911702
Even if I needed a spot this year, I wouldn't have bothered with the Facebook group. They never answered anyone, and it got too sad after a while, watching all the "I'm not even desperate bro" posts
>>
>>10911702
Nah, I got plenty of money to spend. To pay for our rooms if we get openings. If anyone here is selling a room from Thursday night -sunday morning I'm down to put good money or it.
>>
if you need a free room just go to the closest villa by the road that one last year was easy to walk in and drink for free and eat their food they didn't say anything when we walked away with 12 shots
>>
>>10911682
Comfortable bed aside, not having a hotel room means not having a shower for several days.
Absolutely fucking disgusting.
>>
>>10911717
The villas were fun last year. Had a great time chatting with people and dancing. Wasn't as party hard as cowlosalcon. That was just outrageous.
>>
So, what are some decent recommendations for hotels or inns close to the con?
>>
File: 1636512189051.jpg (363 KB, 1920x1080)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
How my playlist is going so far, which is mostly being posted as a reminder to future me who will be too drunk to remember on the spot
>Gorillaz - DARE
>Falco - Der Kommissar (extended mix)
>Yuji Ohno - Sexy Adventure
>Marcos Valle - Estrelar
>SpongeBob "cheap walking cycles"
>The Whispers - I Can Make It Better
>Dire Straits - Money for Nothing
>>
>>10912110
Whatever's closest and you're willing to pay for. There's a few that are in drunken stumbling distance but they might be all booked up.
>>10912238
>>SpongeBob "cheap walking cycles"
Christ, don't party too hard, Anon
>>
>>10910944
>I don't like fun thing; therefore, you shouldn't do fun thing
People actually act like this?
>>
>>10911717
Wasn't that the villa someone got shot in last year?
>>
>>10912297
Unsure about shot but we did get several ambulance calls last year. That's pretty common though.
My group all had things to do this year so it's probably the last. I plan on partying hard and sending it off. Might do east next year as a personal trip. It's actually cheaper.
>>
Just heard about this $40 Foam Club shit they came up with lmao. Anyone that pays for that shit is an absolute fucking denthead.
More paywalls for a convention that people only go to for room parties.
>>
>>10912390
At this point anyone who pays for this shit deserves to have their money taken.

The absurd inflation of cost to attend colossal because of retard cosplay thots and losers afraid of a real party festival have ruined this con. It's impossible to get an on-site parking spot, let alone a room anymore. Drinks, Swim passes, and everything else has skyrocketed because neanderthal knuckle draggers will pay it for the chance at a drunk hook-up.
>>
>>10912418
>retard cosplay thots and losers afraid of a real party festival
That's one of putting it that I never would have thought up myself. Me, I couldn't give a rat's ass about this but might try sneaking in just for the novelty. Their security is known to slack off already
>>
>>10912390
They should make the rooms more expensive
>>
>>10912418
Agreed on all counts.
Colossalcon is really starting to go down the shitter. And for those of you that are thinking East may be better, it definitely isn't. I won't go on a long rant about East here since it's kinda off topic, but suffice to say it has plenty of problems and the con head completely ignores all of them. The Poconos staff absolutely hates the convention and its attendees and they do more things every year to fuck with them.
DESU I feel like there are some really simple things that could be done to greatly improve the convention at both locations, but con management just doesn't care and won't make even the smallest amount of effort to do anything.
Colossalcon was the fucking best, and it makes me sad that it's gotten to the point where I'm not even sure it's worth going to anymore.
>>
>>10912466
I used to think that was a meme but the staff really does hate the con. Got to talk it out with a gym bro bartender my last year there. Basically they hate how the con attendees treat the hotel, the water Park, how there is no self control and no respect.
>>
>>10912544
Yeah, it's gotten really obvious at this point, at least at the Poconos location for CCE (I haven't been to "Prime").
In all fairness, I can understand some of their staff's point of view, and I'd probably fucking hate con attendees too if I were them.
The thing is, there are parts of every job that people don't like, and in most places you just gotta shut up and deal with it.
But Colossalcon management/staff are content to act like giant cunts about everything and shit on us at every opportunity.
Would be nice if the con head would do SOMETHING about ANYTHING, but it's clear that isn't likely to ever happen.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.