[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: momocon.jpg (1.61 MB, 3936x2624)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
I fucked up the title of the last thread and put Anime Weekend Atlanta.

Anyone going to Momocon? Dates are Friday, May 24th through Monday, May 27th at the Georgia World Congress Center. Have any cosplay plans? Doing any interesting panels? Selling anything?
>>
I'll be running a couple of panels this time around. Hoping to see some of the AWA boys there (especially Gendo). Was a lot of fun meeting /cgl/ folks last time so hopefully more of the same is in store for this one.
>>
I'm hoping that I'll run into Neco-Arc this year (assuming they're here again) - I didn't run into her last year but saw a few pictures from afterwards.
>>
>>10906575
i missed the AWA meetups since i couldn't get service and didn't see the times posted until it was too late, so hopefully i can meet some of you gulls at momo
>>
File: IMG_1674.jpg (3.42 MB, 4032x3024)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
>>10906572

I’m doing Hell Divers & Gotchard this year. I was going to bring Limbus company this year but I don’t think I got the space for it. Last year was pretty fun, so I’m excited for this years road trip.
>>
>>10906575
I wonder who's behind this post. Pretty narrow list of options. Also, Momo 22 had the biggest gull meetup (organized on the actual board) I've ever seen, so that's a promising sign
>>
Hoping I can see that cute senketsu ryuko cosplayer from last year
>>
>>10906596
I was in the Megumin shirt last time.
>>10906594
Looks neat so far.

Will be interesting to see what sorts of panels are happening this year. I know Momocon is less singularly anime focused, so I'm not too hopeful, but we'll see.
>>
>>10906572
momo is usually a snoozefest so im probably passing this year
>>
I wanna get fucked up but paying $500 for one night at a hotel is a little much
>>
This is my first momo, been to Katsucon and Otakon most of my life. Going alone and have a panel. What should I expect?
>>
>>10907011
expect normie shit and annoying security
>>
>>10907007
That's why you go for the con-gamble of getting friendly enough with people in the few hours you're there that one of them will let you crash with them. You'll probably be sleeping on the floor, but at least it will be cheap. Worst comes to it you just go home that night or sleep in your car in a parking garage.
>>
>>10907007
wtf is that how much a hotel near Momo costs now?
>>
File: IMG_2349.jpg (2.6 MB, 4032x3024)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>10906912
Thanks.

>>10907011
I got lost in the artist alley for ages, otherwise it’s a fairly normal con. Decent for networking if you know what you’re doing at least.

I think this project is coming along alright.
>>
>>10907011
You should expect
>The weirdest convention center layout you've ever seen
>Thousands of people in the courtyard at night
>Hopefully NOT Ed Sheeran fans showing up to fuck up the program (again)
>>
>>10907094
The GWCC is right next to the Falcons stadium so every hotel within reasonable walking distance is a high end glass building

I think there's a holiday Inn to the south but is a couple miles removed
>>
>>10907142
Be prepared for parking to be a disaster too. Parking downtown for Momo is always pretty bad.
>>
>>10907007
>>10907090
Doesn't Uber basically exist for this exact purpose? A fallback so you can get comfortably hammered and not have to stress over being able to get back to your hotel if it's not directly on-site?

I'm planning on going to Dragoncon in Atlanta and that's probably what I'm going to end up doing since the actual Dragoncon hotels are all sold out already.
>>
File: 1668029794256834.png (133 KB, 420x318)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>10907316
>>10907307
My friends wanted to do a yearly tradition where we go to an Indonesian place for Sushi up the road, and that took about roughly 20~30 mins being grid locked including getting my car out of the Omni Center Valet. This year we've gotten a suite with a built in Kitchen and making a bullshit early Sams Club run to do our own daily potluck as opposed to dealing with that mess again.
>>
>>10907316
Yeah, but I thought the idea was that anon didn't want to buy a hotel room at all, not just avoiding buying a room directly at the con.
>>
>>10907307
Nah just look up GWCC parking and buy the momocon 4 day pass in advance. You can park overnight, it connects to GWCC underground through the bridge, etc... etc.. I'm not sure if it has unlimited in and out though, but I never tried since I would go in once a day ~12PM and leave around 2-3AM.

>>10907152
Even then, those aren't expensive $500/night hotels outside of event periods. Problem is with any con you miss the event rate rooms you get hosed on prices. I've seen this in even small cities.
>>
Do you guys think my Mr. Popo cosplay will allow me to blend in with the locals downtown?
>>
Reporting in. Depending on how brutally hot it is, I've got Doctor Strange and Shunsui Kyoraku on standby. My friends had panels but got after midnight time slots so they said never mind.

>>10907142
>Hopefully NOT Ed Sheeran fans showing up to fuck up the program (again)
I'll never forget that night when I was leaving the Red Deck right as this cunt's concert let out and people were pouring across the street with no security/police presence to tell them to stop so cars could get by at any point. Sat there for a good 20 minutes while people milled about in front of and behind our cars like a zombie movie. Wasn't until other drivers realized that we were on our own with this shit and we had to inch forward like we were ready to run people over. It was fucking nuts.
>>
>>10908474
I also got an after midnight time slot. I sent them an email asking them to switch the slot, but if they refuse to I may just say fuck it too. I'm really curious to see how they prioritized time slots.
>>
>>10908655
>after midnight panels
What the fuck?
>>
File: IMG_2908.jpg (113 KB, 1284x706)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>10908655
>>10908474
>>10908748

Idk about you guys but doing after midnight panels sounds like drunk wandering hours specifically. At that point I think I’d be wandering outside the convention center watching people fuck around or setting up a hookah.
>>
>>10906572
i'll be going, i wanna meetup but i have no idea how to orchestrate that and i'm so unbearably awkward
>>
>>10908775
>i have no idea how to orchestrate that
You post a "Hey, I'm here on my own, so does anyone want to grab drinks later?" in the threads sometime during the day and wait for people to respond. Anon are pretty much always willing to meet up with each other, and the hardest part is actually just tard-wrangling everyone to the same spot. Also, if you're worried about being awkward, just remember we're all here on 4chan together so you're in good company.
>>
>>10907007
There's plenty of con-rate rooms available, you just have to not be fat and walk 1 mile. Max 2.
>>
>>10908775
Literally create a sign saying “seagulls here.” Pick a bar or a place to meet and some of us may or may not show up. Personally I’m thinking about bringing a hookah to this year while I people watch during the evening.
>>
>>10908778
>>10908812
okay what if im 18 though
>>
I'll be going, bought my plane and hotel. Never been to Momocon, but I'm excited. What to expect? Anything that sets this con apart from others its size?
>>
>>10909100
>anything that sets this con apart from others its size
the live wrestling show is unique and entertaining. and momo's game room has a great selection and is conveniently located right next to artist alley/dealer hall.

expect it to take 20-30 minutes from the time you leave the bottom floor just to walk to the GWCC exits, though. it's a massive venue and the 4+ blocked up escalators are a total pain when you need to get some fresh air
>>
File: 1695159864309795.png (249 KB, 525x599)
249 KB
249 KB PNG
>>10908822

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I probably won't attend if that's the case. If I can't have a drink with a person without there being drama, I want nothing to do with them. But to give you an idea, make the sign anyways, pick a cosplay you're going to wear and just like pick a place like the Garden down stairs of the con or like the outdoor courtyard that everyone hangs out at.
>>
>>10909101
Noice. I'm pretty psyched. You're the second person to tell me the game room is pretty good. Didn't know about the wrestling thing, that's pretty funny sounding.
>>
File: 53453962951_2e74dc0e1f_k.jpg (484 KB, 1367x2048)
484 KB
484 KB JPG
>>10906710
You mentioned in the thread from last year's MomoCon that she had a nose piercing - this might be her?

(From MomoCon's official Flickr page)
>>
>>10909140
Last year some sperg in a spiderman costume hit the ring and started beating the shit out of the actual wrestlers for real. Momocon wrassling is always worth attending.
>>
>>10909575
LMAO no way. Is there video of this anywhere?
>>
>>10909575
It has to be on YouTube or Twitter somewhere
>>
I can't stop laughing. What was he thinking.
https://youtu.be/SUdntXx3NQQ?si=BM9mgfEdPuIM6d-9
>>
>>10909607
>>
I'm not sure if i'll find her here in this thread but-

>Few years ago (2016/17?)
>Me and some anons walking around the venue
>run into a young woman/girl cosplaying Pinkie Pie
>ask to take her picture
>she says yes

I'm hoping we can meet again.
>>
File: 27731096551_d9ed4a0861_k.jpg (427 KB, 2048x1365)
427 KB
427 KB JPG
MomoCon 2016
>>
>>10909607
>>10909622
that nigga has tard mannerisms lol they be ableist for kicking him out an sheit
>>
File: 1693240671986577.jpg (6 KB, 240x209)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>10909622
>>10909607

>It was his audition

You know at least the wrestlers tried to humor him.
>>
>>10909569
No she was wearing the senketsu outfit with some regular converse shoes on instead of the boots. She had a great ass too.
>>
>>10909681
If you see her again this year run up to her, crouch below her ass, and take a big whiff. Cosplay bitches love that sort of stuff and I'm sure it'll smell rank from a day's worth of walking.
>>
>>10909701
As much as I would dream to do that, I think you are lying when you say they love it and I will actually get beaten up and arrested.
>>
I'm from Atlanta. Never been to a con. Only engage with normie anime. I'm usually a reasonably social person though.
Is it worth my time to go? It would be either by myself or with my obese neckbeard friend.
>>
>>10909716
It’s a pretty normie event tbqh. I think I’ve also seen job fairs at Momocon as well as Atlanta Samba folk.
>>
>>10909716
There'll be more of your type there than anyone else.

Managed to get them to push my panel times forward a bit, but still nothing incredible. Will be really fascinating to see what they've gridded where.
>>
>>10909607
>black and retarded
Literally a get out of trouble free card to anyone not a legit cop
>>
I'm planning on going. I'm thinking of cosplaying as Kaji from Neon Genesis, Red from Mandy, and Professor Utonium. I'm going all 4 days.

>>10907714
I agree, look up the parking pass and its real easy if you get the red deck or blue deck. I did this back in Feb at the ATL Comic Con. The deck will have elevators that go up to GWCC, at least the Red Deck did.
>>
>>10910322
You look and see a retard, I see a professional wrestling idiot savant. The tard has real potential. That was one hell of a Samoan Drop he attempted on the female wrestler.
>>
>>10910431
Spoken like a true carnie
>>
>>10910504
I would enjoy a yearly Momocon invitational where cosplayers step into the ring with the tard for a chance at glory. I imagine few would survive the encounter.
>>
File: 1692516187978408.png (467 KB, 674x737)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>10910757
Too old to be taking chair shots like that dawg.

Something's been bothering me for a month, who decided it would be a good idea to do Friday-Mon for a con, but have their literal after party event be on a Saturday night, same night as a rave? I'm coming from out of town, so I have to drive on a Sunday but that shit seems fucking weird to me.
>>
>>10910762
Been wondering about this too. The usual schedule is Thursday-Sunday with almost no one doing shit on Sunday for both Momo and AWA. No clue why they've switched up now. I have to imagine Monday will be a wasteland.
>>
>>10910850
Yeah I had to cut out a cosplay line up out because it was Fri-Mon, and my guy booked for Thurs - Sun instead of Weds - Sun. So I have to drive down from OH then instead. I hope this plays into next year's scheduling set up because that threw me off super bad.
>>
>>10910860
Thursdays are usually dead until at least the evening at most cons. Makes me wonder what the Friday crowd will be like for this one. Will it be packed right off the bat?
>>
File: IMG_4310.jpg (2.4 MB, 4032x3024)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB JPG
>>10911708
The first Momocon I went to was about as busy as Katsucon Thursday was, which is why I usually came on Weds. it’s dead Weds but when you wake up you actually see cosplayers and people pop in for thurs. Friday from last years memory is pretty bumping.

Been spending the past few days on pepakura and attempting to make a Gotchard helmet. I’m going to be fine but I need to size up the damn thing since I forgot to account for puzzle mat thickness, and the pattern is scaled for 5mm thickness. I think I’ll be fine for Momocon, kind of pumped for it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.