[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/cgl/ - Cosplay & EGL

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 3m2ryssxmss71.jpg (91 KB, 1024x766)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
Guys, how old is too old?

Like, I am an oldfag in his mid 40s. Used to be very involved in the con scene back in the 90s and early 00s. I am currently on a very nostalgic mood about those days of yore, and planning to visit a few of the big cons to see how's the fandom nowadays. Would I be, as you youngsters say, cringe? Worse, would other congoers immediately assume I am a creepy pedophile? I don't really want to ruin some kids con experience like that.

Two things, I would be attending alone because the few con buddies from back then that I still keep in contact, are too jaded and busy to give a shit. Also, I am considering if it is a good idea to go cosplaying as an old timer character.
>>
You'll be fine but probably bitterly disappointed to find out that it's nothing like you remember.
>>
I've seen an age-appropriate Queen Elizabeth cosplayer and a 70 something year old Megumin, among others. You've got nothing to worry about fampai
>>
Unless you try to hit in girls half your age you're fine. Anime cons are reaching normies status. Oldfags aren't getting much side eyes especially if you go to a big one.
>>
>>10906476
Early 40s here. Just cosplayed as Goku recently.
Due to Toriyama' passing i got asked for hugs a lot and not in a cringe way but more of a nostalgia/respect kinda thing.

It never got weird so dont go there people.

You do you my fellow cosplayer and enjoy till the very end.
>>
>>10906476
>oldfag in his mid 40s
Kids today call themselves grown-ups.
15 years older than you and still cosplaying.
Now man the fuck up or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>10906476
>Guys, how old is too old?
No age is too old as long as you aren't letting your saggy dick/tits hang out of some skimpy costume. But all costhots are disgusting regardless of age.
>>
the only thing cringe is not enjoying something you like because you think you're "too old"
>>
>>10906921
Well put.
>>
>>10906476
You went in what I consider the golden years so it won't be anything like you remember but cons can still be fun. Cosplaying an age appropriate character especially. I don't think anyone would think you're out of place. The average con age is probably higher now than when we went.

Enjoy. Have a good time. I'm not quite as old (mid 30s) but I still enjoy soloing cons. The feeling you get at cons, even with the way the scene has changed (for the worse), it's hard to capture anywhere else.
>>
>>10906476
No such thing as too old man, I see plenty of people in their 50s. Plenty of characters to cosplay no matter what age you are.
>>

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.