[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1715044942996984.jpg (140 KB, 1010x572)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>be sysadmin
>Do project management stuff too
>Like both
>Make $100k/yr
Should I go balls deep in tech and try to learn AWS/DevOps stuff and try to get a high paying tech job
Or go the business side and pursue project management, which builds more applicable business skills and can open me up to higher paying management/leadership roles down the road
>>
>>58455611
>100k to push buttons
The laptop class is living in la la land. Someone like you shouldn’t make more than a sewage cleaner.
>>
>>58455611
Both are gay corporate shit
>>
>>58455614
Yeah I don't give a fuck homie. I just wanna make bank and invest. I'll lick some boots and kiss some ass between the hours of 9-5 if it keeps the money coming
>>
>>58455611
I just hate the AWS ecosystem personally so I say fuck that. Train on shit like Ansible, Grafana, etc. that companies who aren't exclusively big tech but use it to support tangible products and services use to host in-house infra and then get a job with one of those. You're also less likely to get let go on a whim than you are when FAGMAN's and FAGMAN-likes' venture capital coughs for a fucking microsecond after they hired too many roasties during an expansion
>>
>>58455613
oh i see, that's why you didn't know how to copy-paste a pdf lmao
you are by far the worst clown on this board
>>
Bump, fuck these haters Anon. I work in a comfy mostly remote cyber job rn and make 175k/yr + VA benefits.

I'm at a crossroads rn too since I'm debating going onto project management but I like the free time I get as well. I want to say AWS/DevOps would be better for job security but shit's been kind of up and down across the board. If it has anything to do with incident response or even DevSecOps that's probably your best bet. But once again I'm observing for ideas as well.
>>
File: good morn.jpg (417 KB, 1079x670)
417 KB
417 KB JPG
>>58455611
the strain of 4chan autism produces a naivete about business, so they think project management is a do-nothing job. the people repeating this line can't really see beyond their small scope of duties, and how business is essentially a very complex system of interconnected parts. if you want a more chill existence, keep doing what you're doing. if you want to learn more about the business domain, do PM. perhaps you can work your way up to program/portfolio management and or CTO for a company. it might be the move since i've heard IT being ageist, which makes sense.
>>
>>58455615
I'm in the same boat, although it's getting easier every day.
although it's depressing to know that your success depends on how much you inflate your boss's ego, at least this will keep my maga bag growing, that's something
>>
File: 1683270263147965.png (1.09 MB, 1167x760)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB PNG
>>58455611
I'm 8 years into my IT career and currently in Product Management of analytics/data products. It's a good gig, and a good blend of technical skillset and PM/management stuff. The technical skills will always be in demand and while the same is true for PM skillset, there are more candidates as it is a generic skillset.
>>
>>58456470
That's exactly my thoughts. Eventually I will not be able to compete with 25 year old Adderall addicts who have no problem sitting in front of a computer 24/7 to learn the newest tool.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.