[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: powell2.png (872 KB, 1076x703)
872 KB
872 KB PNG
Now what?
>>
>>58430837
Japanification except youve got loads of niggers and welfare. So three choices:
1) permanent stagflation and kick can down road - societal breakdown continues USA dies around 2060
2) fix problem with quantitative easing - inflation ramps up - but dont worry we'll hyperinflate the debt away. Get ready to own nothing and be happy
3) Civil war and the problem does actually get fixed but you have no popular general who is also an economist able to articulate a return to gold-standard/industrial wealth who people would follow into this - Trump is too insane and divisive and doesn't actually want to fix what needs to be fixed but I could be wrong about him.
>>
Stagflation in an election year kek. Biden whitehouse is losing its mind. Trump wins but they lay six gorillion traps for him the moment he steps foot into office to obstruct him.
>>
>>58430862
4) Maybe actually let the economy crash as it's meant to be. The economy has been messed with and it should've imploded a long time ago.
This entire thing feels like seeing a corpse being constantly brought back to life but becoming less and less recognizable every time it's revived.
>>
Don't know what it's like in burger land but in Aus we have a massive housing crisis. Rent is unaffordable, mortgages keep going up and are predicted to go up another 250 dollars a week for a $500,000 home this year.

I didn't study economics but cunts fucked aye
>>
Realize the fed is a failed experiment and let the economy crash. This will cause landlords and such to be massacred and bring prices back to normal levels. Lots of farmers will get fucked and population will decline rapidly throughout the world. A population correction if you will.
>>
Guys, this is all a feature, not a bug of capitalism. It's a winner takes all system.

Wealth inequality is going to keep rising. It can go A LOT further than it currently is.

The west will eventually have Mumbai levels of inequality.

The social mobility and creation of the middle class, was an accidental temporary condition of the industrial condition. Over time all that middle class wealth is being sucked out.

Just accept this fact then you can navigate the markets with a crystal clear mind. The trend is your friend.

It's called capitalism. It's bollocks.

"I'm poor" isn't a reason for the system to collapse. You are MEANT to be poor.

We're traders, we're not here to save the world, we're just here to tell it how it is and try and navigate accordingly.

Fuck boomers and their bullshit. You gotta be awake to play this game.
>>
>>58430947
This makes absolutely no sense. In capitalism there have to be buyers and sellers. If we reach the point that nobody can afford anything, the rich have no one to sell to.

Calling this "capitalism" is lazy Occupy Wall Street tier rhetoric, don't do that. It's not capitalism, it's a function of having a central bank that jacks with interest rates to "control" the economy (except if you study this, it doesn't ever really work like it should). It doesn't even have to do with Biden/Trump, even though one or the other will get the blame because average people are stupid. During COVID they sent the overnight lending rate to nothing in order to "encourage spending" because a mild case of the cold was circulating and the government forced everything to shut down. Then when the cold mysteriously didn't matter anymore, they sent the rates back up to "control inflation"...except inflation will never go back down and now people are stuck making even less and things costing more.

This is bad for everyone. Another Anon cited Japan as an example, which is somewhat relevant. BoJ I believe had negative interest rates and the problem was, Japanese people are notorious for saving their money and avoiding debt, which meant there was no economy to "stimulate". America is worse off, because people spend no matter what, they just use copious amounts of debt. This means prices are overinflated but have no reason to go back down because people still buy the same shit. This is why iPhones are $700+ but nobody complains, they're paying $30/month for it instead of buying outright.

This will eventually come to a head, once people can no longer make their monthly payments and everyone will get burned, lenders and debtors. If you want to fix this country, regulate the Fed AND regulate consumer debt, and let it crash appropriately.
>>
>>58431044
No it’s capitalism. You just ignore the shit side and focus on the ideal
Capitalism is only the system based on capital. Capital tends to consolidate and eat itself until collapses
>>
File: FuIOIl_X0AAbU2l.jpg (158 KB, 828x769)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>58431048
Thanks for college freshman economics 101, you didn't understand the nuance of my point. Feel free to consult the following image and fuck off back to a site where your basic bitch opinions and insights will be accepted, such as Plebbit.
>>
>>58430874
This is someone who paid attention to lassiez-faire practices in their economics class
>>
>>58430947
i agree with the direction we are headed but i disagree as to its cause
>>
>>58430874
I'd rather have a job and high inflation than be unemployed and homeless for the next decade. Nobody wants to see another great depression.
>>
>>58430837
>Now what?
declare WWIII, confiscate billionaires wealth and burn it
>>
File: a21x40E_460s.jpg (42 KB, 460x421)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>58430871
Most likely scenario.

Expect war. NATO in Ukraine and Iran.

The West will lose this war.
>>
>>58431048
>Capitalism is only the system based on capital.
theres this archaic system known as a palace economy, the western system is very, very similar, except the palace has only been abstracted into inflationary currency, when they give new money to their friends, the wealth comes from you
>>
>>58431120
>The West will lose this war.
lets consult the novel about the Ukrainian gene-engineered super soldiers and western bioweapons labs the russian state duma has quoted in official context
>>
>>58431044
My sister in law just signed a 7 year auto loan for a used car with 30k miles.
The debt problem needs to be handled, it's getting absurd. It's only a matter of time before generational loans are a common thing in this country.
>>58430947
This is true too. As long as we have central banks that always prop up a rugged system, the system will always be rigged and find news ways to extract wealth from people. Even if we are poor and homeless, they will find a way to extract more from us.
I worked for a tech company that provided software for restaurants. The amount of bloat they sold these restaurants was insane. Whole software packages with 5-6 figure yearly fees that were ultimately passed into the consumer, all to help order napkins more efficiently or monitor asparagus sales. You think delivery people asking for $20/he are why you're burger costs more? It's not just that. It's because everyone has their hand out for some vapor ware service. Everyone is getting milked and the average person ultimately pays the price.
>>
>>58431060
Keep sucking your bosses dick dimwit
Why is reading comprehension lacking with people like this?
I swear you idiots act like we only have capitalism or communism or that our economies aren’t a mixture of many different systems
It’s not sports teams dumbass
>>58431122
Not the only system
Only a system
Fucking retard
>>
>>58431137
>Fucking retard
you're the retard here, you completely misinterpret whats being communicated
>>
The modern economic model is built on the expectation of unlimited growth. Obviously unlimited growth with limited resources is impossible. It has to stop growing at some point and eventually things just fall apart. We are at the point where financial tricks no longer work to eke more growth out of the system and those with wealth are the only ones who are able to benefit anymore. Late stage capitalism. Maybe one day you will be living in a time when things are improving instead of declining. Probably not though. Learn to enjoy what you have.
>>
>>58431137
You're not even responding to any point I made lmao, see >>58431144
>>
>>58430837
Inflation is sticky because Biden is printing like a mfer to keep the US jobs market afloat and to give billions to Ukraine and Israel. 5.5% interest rates is crazy high for such an inflated economy.
The government just needs to cut spending and taxes and the Fed to lower interest rates for the economy to flow and heal itself.
Please let Trump win and stop the spending madness. I couldn't give 2 shits about Ukraine and Israel.
>>
>>58430874
this is basically 2...
>>
>>58430837
Don't have us dollars, try to save some money on other currencies, or crypto like BTC, SSNC, ETH,
>>
File: file.png (20 KB, 593x225)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
Another one bites the dust.
>>
>>58430837
Rugpull the goyim and then start ww3
>>
>>58431353
Trump loves Israel so if he wins you can expect billions to go to Israel and nothing ever gets fixed. Only way things get done right is Jews are expelled from positions of power along with their Masonic shabbos goys
>>
>>58432031
I read a lot of cunt writing about ww3 but have you stopped to think who will actually fight a third wolrd war? With nuclear weapons on the line? Not even the dumbest peasant will believe on the cause and all the elites that push forward this theater number will be at risk. I would expect them to be smarter.
>>
>>58431048
you just couldn't deal with that anon's response and had to go on a tangent
>>
>>58432024
holy fucking rug
>>
>>58431044
Why are do many people this retarded? this whole idea that capitalism isn’t about stacking the most capital is foolish.
most of you can’t even imagine anything other then the false capitalist vs communist dichotomy
>>
>>58432034
Too based for this place
>>
>>58432034
more trouble to come
>>
>>58430837
He might as well just bring on negative interest rates.

At least not everyone will be suffering like they are now.

Its working well in some European countries.
>>
File: 1689880947894223.png (53 KB, 277x96)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>Nobody wants to see another great depression.
This is precisely the kind of thinking that led to this in the first place. Of course, nobody wants to see another great depression. But letting the economy correct itself and not interfere with it is the fastest way to recovery.
No, hyperinflation is not recovery. That's tantamount to covering your eyes and ears thinking that will magically correct the economy.
>>
>>58430837
Wow you mean you printed insane amounts of money and unsurprisingly it can't be fixed so easily? WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?
>>
>>58430874
Weekend at bernie's except bernie is the economy
>>
>>58430837
Asking the FED to ever fully turn off the money printer is going to be hard.
>>58430874
Sadly not politically viable, no one wants to be the guy who oversees a recession, even if it's better in the long term.
>>
>>58430837
They need to let the market crash and boost the DXY.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.