[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone ever tried staking liquidity on a stablecoin pair? Like USDT/USDC. Seems like a low risk way to make a small profit while you have stable sitting around.
>>
your yield will depend on volume
there is not much volume on pairs that are essentially the same asset
both USDT and USDC have the same risk profile (zero)
so why would anyone execute a heavy transaction between the two?
>>
>>58419346
how much percent is that?
>>
File: uniswap fees.png (71 KB, 1239x648)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>58420708
https://app.uniswap.org/explore/pools/ethereum/0x3416cF6C708Da44DB2624D63ea0AAef7113527C6
The previous 24 hrs are misleading because it's not complete yet. It averages about $6k per day, probably a bit more. For example Apr 19 was about $8k in fees.
Out of about 30 million staked, 6k per day comes to about 7% per year return.
It's probably higher than that because I rounded everything conservatively.
Now that I calculate it I can see it's not great by crypto standards but if you are holding six figures of stable you might as well stake it like this rather than let it sit around.
>>
>>58419422
>there is not much volume on pairs that are essentially the same asset
Theres 100m+ daily stables volume, even in bear markets

>both USDT and USDC have the same risk profile (zero)
Newfag wasnt around last march when USDC nearly imploded

>so why would anyone execute a heavy transaction between the two?
Never heard of arbitrage you absolute retard?
>>
>>58420736
What do you think about supplying to something like AAVE versus Uni? Any thoughts on which is riskier?
>>
id check into MiM, they allow you to leverage your Stable Coin LPs into low apr low risk loans. i believe they are deployed on most chains now, there are a few other ways to take low APR loans against your stable coin lps

one of the ideas with uniV3 is that you can pick and choose Liquidity bands of the stable coin assets. you could basically set up a low risk Limit order to swap USDT into USDC at a chosen advantageous ratios. During times of crypto shitting the bed the volume on stable coins blows up and basically covers the cost of the capital flight/marketcap loss. You should never default on your loans if you play your ratios right and pay the loans off with your LP appreciations. you can buy what ever shitcoin you want nearly risk free and just bank the earnings into more and more stable coin LPs
>>
>>58420847
AAVE is probably safer as far as fraud goes because they're non-custodial (I think), but I don't think they have any stable-to-stable pairs. I was looking at USDC/USDT because there's nothing to take a dump. That might be excessive fear of volatility though on my part.
Bear in mind, I am retarded.
>>
>>58420992
As far as I know, aave doesn't utilize liquidity pair pools so you dont have to worry about impermanent loss. You simply supply to a one-sided pool and people that borrow your stablecoins from that pool have to put up collateral that gets liquidated in the event of the value of it going down far enough. That liquidated crypto gets swapped into stablecoins to make you whole.
>>
>>58421138
Oh ok that's pretty interesting. I'll check it out more carefully.
>>
>>58421138
DAI do a similar thing but you have to have a minimum amount
>>
File: ampl decision chart.jpg (70 KB, 1280x891)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>58420992
>nothing to take a dump
lmao, USDC and UDST are both going to depeg and collapse this cycle. All of that money is going to go to SPOT/AMPL. There's no reason for stablecoins to exist anymore when you have an inflation proof flatcoin
>>
>>58419346
What if one of the stables goes to zero like UST?
>>
>>58420781
>Newfag wasnt around last march when USDC nearly imploded
I actually didn't know this. I'm still wet behind the ears.
I keep a lot on usdt, and this right here made me anxious.
>>
>>58420903
thats the weirdest hot dog I wont eat.
>>
>>58419346
I see no point to it really.
>>
How is liquidity providing profitable btw, if it's done to a pair that isn't stablecoins?
Looks like impermanent loss will fuck all your gains anyway since crypto is volatile.
>>
>>58421388
>>58421390
>>58421398
If the major stables collapsed it would be the end of crypto as everyone who got in after 2016 knows it.
>>
>>58421421
LP'ing works when the pairs are highly correlated or if you are using Uniswap V3 and they are trading in a range. And even with IL you can still come out ahead. But most serious LPs use all sorts of crazy strategies to hedge and have custom bots to handle rebalancing, exiting, etc.
>>
>>58421430
only retards hold money in centralized shitcoin stables when their collapse is inevitable, they are all fucking ponzis. Move your money to AMPL or SPOT now before the musical chairs game ends
>>
File: globohomocoin.png (187 KB, 1080x1715)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>58421399
USDC fell to 80 cents on the dollar and still recovered. USDT has always been sketchy as fuck.
>>
>>58421446
Money market accounts can take 1-2 days to redeem. So if enough jeets redeemed usdt or usdc in one go it will cause a bankrun
>>
File: download (1).gif (1.97 MB, 498x373)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
>>58421421
its yield farming and abusing rebalancing on the scale at which 'normies' cant keep up with. You abuse liquidity bands and being an early adopter. For smaller wallets LPing is a waste of time and effort, for niggas with fat stacks they are desperate to get return on usually dormant capital so they LP. You can pull a few % on a less risky play than purely holding a shitcoin, by supplying Eth or what ever to the other side of the LP and just absorbing the trading fees and autorebalancing or autoclosing/selling the position before "retail" can get out
>>
I got the same curiosity out of $super and recently started. They've been holding at a dollar for more than a week so for me that's more than enough to see what could come after it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.