[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1474556694544.png (123 KB, 402x409)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
It's weird knowing your financial and social future fully depends on what socioeconomic class your parents are at. If you're born into an upper middle class family you'll live in a nice suburbs, go to school with future white collar workers, meet daughters of managers and CEOs, and have higher expectations overall. If you're born in a lower class family, then you're expected to just work blue collar or manual labor or retail, your friends will be of similar jobs, you will only meet women from Walmart or Target or a grocery store, you will think living in a squalor is normal.
>>
>>58417307
git gud faggot
>>
>>58417307
so when you make it your kids will be all set
>>
Unless of course society was just built on lies and your perceived stability and status is actually just sitting on a hollowed out pile of shit that could collapse at any moment.
>>
>>58417319
They may be financially successful but they still have the spending habits of a lower class person
>>
>>58417319
You'll never be Bill Gates or Elon Musk though, they are where they are purely because of social status. They are both autistic and made billions.
>>
>>58417307
>fully depends
That's obviously not true though.
Do you think you don't have any control over your financial life? I assume you're American too which makes this even more laughable.
>>
>>58417588
Most people will live within the same socioeconomic class as their parents
>>
Dont be too presimist. You can easily get a well-payed wagie job nowadays, regardless on the socioeconomic class your parents are at.
>>
If you're saying this and you live in the US, literally the best country in the world for class mobility, you unironically need to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>58417619
>literally the best country in the world for class mobility

its not the 1950s anymore
>>
>>58417625
And my statement is still true.
>>
>>58417627
It's not. Very few people actually jump socioeconomic classes
>>
>>58417635
Ok, can you name a country that provides better class mobility?
>>
>>58417619
Financially blackpilled burgers are ridiculous. They're playing on tutorial mode.
>>
>>58417638
Most of Western Europe and Scandinavian countries, Canada, Australia, Japan, hell even china
>>
>>58417646
8/10
>>
>>58417646
I'm starting to think you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about lol
>>
>>58417659
Nah I do. I'm 29 and it's setting in. My rich high school classmates got their jobs by nepotism and my lower class classmates now fill the retail stores in my town.
>>
>>58417681
At no point in human history did you have more access to information at your fingertips than you do at this very moment. Any crying about underachieving is someone with zero drive to succeed. Zero sympathy for anyone born in the US. If immigrants can make it, why can't you?
>>
>>58417696
More information istn good though. We now know that people are staying in their lane
>>
File: kentucky dreamin.jpg (435 KB, 1184x881)
435 KB
435 KB JPG
>>58417336
truthpilled
>>
Shit's wild, isn't it?
>>
the best job in america currently is a cdl or a security guard, literally sit in a chair all day and control basic things

going to college is total death, there is nothing for you there, college isn't an option for zoomers, if you are in college give up and get a cdl
>>
>>58417307
I got no sympathy for you folks. I literally live with my grandmother because my parents are so poor, and a shitty school for most of my life, but I have a graduate job lined up next year at a top law firm in Australia and will clear six figures next year, and interact with high quality women daily at that firm.

>How did I do this?
It's simple. Do well at school, and put your skill points into your personality/appearance and become a corpo-rat sellout. Most of you have no willpower or discipline, which is why you fail at life.
>>
File: the big lebowski wtf.gif (1.99 MB, 352x264)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB GIF
>>58418151
>high quality women
>>
>>58417307
Yes. That's been life since civilization after we left tribal era. As social animals we build social values based on these social constructs. It's better now than 1000 years ago but still some people will have it much easier than others. For example:

If you're rich, white, blonde (not that dirty blonde shit, nice pure Aryan golden God blonde), male, over 6', blue/green eyes, and look good, the world is in your commands. You can do anything or fail at anything and still succeed in life. Life is on easy mode for you then.
>>
File: 1659884574248.gif (615 KB, 640x640)
615 KB
615 KB GIF
>>58417307
I'm a nerd who practically lives in his room, I have no other options but to create coins in pinksale and hope they work out
one can not only be born screwed up, if you are not nice enough you will be left behind quickly, the world can be cruel
>>
>>58418151
you're going to get disillusioned and shut the fuck up so fucking fast in a few years kek
>>
>>58417619
We are not in the 40s, are you seen the accumulated inflation for the past years or unemployment charts on Truflation? It's insane
>>
>>58417307
>If you're born into an upper middle class family you'll live in a nice suburbs, go to school with future white collar workers, meet daughters of managers and CEOs, and have higher expectations overall.
None of this matters if you are 5'9 and under. Height sorts most people out into their respective classes. When I go to the grocery store in the upper class fancy part of town, everyone (including most of the women) are taller than me, When I go to the hood, everyone is shorter than me. It's pretty obvious who's getting into what doors in life once puberty hits
>>
>>58417307
I was born lower class, my dad worked a manual labor job, but he eventually made his way up to manager, and we became middle class. Then he started his own business, and after a few years of very good luck, we became upper class.

I basically got to experience all three lifestyles over around 20 years.
>>
>>58417307
I make 170k but I still live in a 1BR apartment, since I was raised by a single mom and apartment living is all I've ever known.
>>
>>58419396
I have to live in a small appartment. I'm unironically scared of houses with more than one door.
>>
>>58417319
except that there are a lot of cases* where blue collar workers are doing much better then "office plankton" as they called. Specifically working in construction for themselves and employing few others. They seem to be doing more then well. Strange but true.

*don't have the numbers. just a guess and from personal expierence,
>>
>>58417307
I used to believe that.
But I have a dumb colleague at work who's both daughter are studying medicine and will be doctors. There is graphs and numbers you can find and apparently it's not that bad and pessimistic. So yeah, blame yourself if you haven't moved :).
>>
>>58417307
>work blue collar or manual labor or retail, your friends will be of similar jobs, you will only meet women from Walmart or Target or a grocery store, you will think living in a squalor is normal.
comfy
>>
>>58418151
>he's so proud of being a corpo-rat
we'll see how you feel when the corpos fail to deliver on their promises and string you along until they throw you away
Corpos see you as just another number, don't forget that
>>
>>58417307
>future white collar
Lol the majority of graduates are poorfags with useless degrees
>>
>>58417646
>Canada
kek
>>
>>58418264
>blonde (not that dirty blonde shit, nice pure Aryan golden God blonde)
You've never spoken to a white woman. But otherwise your post is correct.
>>
>>58419534
>if I worked 100 hours a week I would almost make what a white collar earns working from home doing 10 hours of actual work a week

Yea that tradie cope has been perpatuated here over and over, doesn't make it any more true
>>
>>58419534
>office plankton
nobody Blue-collar calls them that where I'm from, unless this is something the higher level managers say...
Then I'd believe it.
>>
>>58419574
>Lol the majority of graduates are poorfags with useless degrees

those are lower middle class and poor people trying to get out of their class only to find out that theyre competing with people who have connections to the better paying jobs
>>
>>58419570

Dont get me wrong, it is. Pretty stress free if your body can handle the workload but its not fun when youre middle age
>>
>>58418264
Imagine purity spiraling like a Hollywood caricature Nazi.
>>
>>58419572
I have a feeling there's going to be mass layoffs of the laptop class soon. Not even because of AI, because these people already weren't needed, not even because of outsourcing, since these people could have already been replaced.
But because when the economy goes in the shitter and we go into ww3, they won't have a need for this enforcer class they've created out of women and minorities that benefit from the regime and thus virulently gaslight anyone with opposing views.
That's the only reason I've ever thought of for corporations having extremely bloated office classes of people making six figures and a million sunsets of HR, an official company director of African dance, yoga and billiard rooms,
Meanwhile if you're one of the wages who actually makes the company money, every cent of production is regulated out of your work day at the expense of your morale with AI cameras and formerly spies.
(I had a job where theyd pay people to lay in prone position and spy on us to make sure we didn't listen to music or check the time in our phone while doing maintenance, fixing broken streetlights or sidewalks downtown and tending to the gardens.
But once there isn't room in the economy for those people, like 50% of women will be out of a job.
>>
>>58420329
A lot of bloated corporate jobs will be lost and it's probably for the best. We really need blue collar workers and tradies
>>
>>58417307
No it's better now than the colonial era.

Before it really was based on which familty you were born. Kinda like Monarchies. Can't just put on a suite and read books. Back then you were not taught how to speak or read properly if you didn't come from an educated household.

Sad that your belief is today is a repetition of those times as we have more opportunities than ever before to develop ones own financial situation.

Plenty of rich spoiled kids ends up on drugs and squandering their families fortune away on rehab etc. Meanwhile you keeping your nose clean can struggle away at a traded and earn up enough to live a decent good life.
>>
>>58417307
No matter how well I do, I won't do better than everyone I grew up around whos parents have houses and shore Houses, where my parents are separated and renting
>>
>>58417307
That is unfortunately the norm for as long as we've had civilization. People rising above the station they were born into has always been an aberration. It happens, and it happens more in the modern era than it did in the past, but it's not usual.

Just provide the best education and expectations that you can for your children. This is a big reason why the "model minorities" of East Asians and Ashkenazic Jews have been so successful, cultures that prioritize education, strong family bonds, and encourage their children to pursue careers in elite fields like medicine, law, finance, and government.
>>
>>58422058
Yeah the whole college thing was a scam all along
>>
>>58423900
It's not a scam at all, as you can't get into these elite fields without education, and you use your high earning potential to build generational wealth and ensure your children go to the best schools.
>>
>>58417307
If you paid attention in history class it's not weird at all. I was born lower class, pattern-recognition kicked in, and then I followed a tried and true path for social class elevation (becoming a military officer). Leveraged that into wealth, but then hopped off the train before I married into a wealthy/powerful family and now I'm just wealthy and unemployed.

At this point I wouldn't even want to marry an upper class girl. She'd want to meet my family and it'd be embarrassing as fuck. They'll be dead inside a decade, but not before doing even more embarrassing nonsense, and by that point I'll be way WAY too old for marriage anyway.
>>
File: 171366040509016387.jpg (121 KB, 1125x1087)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
bro the internet is anonymous and the real transfer
you can be anyone and do anything you are just being a bitch bc u felt like u got dealt a shitty card
everyone did
work past it
>>
>>58417307
Sure, but the best life is being born poor and becoming wealthy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.