[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Am I giving up on life or is this slow adult maturity? Ever since I got my first job I feel myself not giving a fuck more and more. Situations that would have sent me crying as an unemployed hikineeto instead makes me laugh at the absurdity of it all. I no longer do above and beyond (which got me a latin honor) and instead coast along like a log in the sea. I feel hopeless but not desperate, despair but not surrender. I have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>31222363
>Am I giving up on life or is this slow adult maturity?
Probably both, if I have to be honest. That's what happened to me. I have a lot of pain and despair but it's so deeply repressed that I wouldn't know at all if I wasn't a psychology hyper autist.
Generally the better you feel, the more active you will become. Instead, your situation makes it sound like you're very good at coping with resignation, which is what I am also good at. But this is a less than ideal outcome.
>>
>>31222363
that sounds exactly how i feel.
i think this is just alignment to whats happening in the present.
And its not suffering, but a plain, stale acceptance. It doesnt hurt anymore. The truth sets free indeed.
>>
>>31222417
>less than ideal
how so? Isn't it good to feel happy? nothing matters so it's better to feel good throughout the course of our meaningless lives.
>>
>>31222363
>I am no longer an over-emotional loser
That s the opposite of giving up.
>>
>>31222363
What would make you feel despair and hopelessness?
>>
>>31222547
Because you would feel way better if you were living a wholesome and active life. It's the difference between a woman having a good boyfriend and a woman learning to love the beatings that her bad boyfriend gives her.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.