[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1664762809981322.jpg (660 KB, 828x816)
660 KB
660 KB JPG
Depression has made me miserable to be around. I bring down the mood and even if I try to be positive my brain is fucked and I'm not all there. I can't be funny, I'm sluggish in conversations and apathetic to what's being talked about.
Because of this i ghosted my friends and stopped responding to messages a few months ago. I really regret it now because I'm going completely insane now that I'm 100% alone, but I feel like there's no going back, at least not without a conversation I don't want to have, even then I'll have made things weird, and it'll be even worse than before.
Is there fixing this? I've gone to therapy for over a year and it did nothing. I'm considering just biting the bullet, taking the Jew happy pills and trying to scrounge up some part of what I had, but I'm not sure it'll help.
>>
>>31222096
I'm gonna do the same. We must try whatever, bro
>>
Man, life is really hard for most people most of the time. You gotta remember that. Dont feel like you're getting hit any harder than the rest of us. Life is hard. Lots of people are broken by it and kill themselves, or remain alive as mere shells who eat sleep and poop

Do whatever it takes to find enjoyment in your life.
>>
>>31222096
i think just the way you spiraled out, you got to spiral back in.
cutting of people understandable, as energy aint enough, you need time and quietness, but then its also not wanting to bother them or not able to handle when they are bothered etc.

But you need them back into your life.
So yes, have that uncomfortable situation and explain you need some space, but you also need them. If they cant give you that, it wont be worse than before.

keep your therapy, but consider taking pills for a bit, just to get you going. Take them for couple of months, until you feel like you can maintain a minimal base layer.

most important, identify what is making you depressed.
it can be a real life circumstance, like a job you have to work hours on end, little payment and having the feeling like wasting real life, like actual human being. its incredible when you think of that, it really hurts.
Or being rejected, hurt..you know all these stuff make a big difference, once you identify them.
Sure, your brain chemicals make you depresso, but consider your lifestyle, the people you surround yourself with and the mindset you have accomodated living by.

And this sounds really mean, but i believe that works: let go.
people seem to think that positive thinking keeps you going, but that only makes the gap between where you are right now and where you wished for to be more challenging to cross.
take it step by step, dont expect too much positive change, or you will be disappointed. maybe you will reach where you wished for, maybe never. Just completely accept the outcome and focus on the next step ahead. And letting go of believes and hopes that dont manifest, in order to bear where you are right now.
in the meantime, try to fill the now-steps with actions, even if you dont believe in them. food doesnt taste like anything, people are too much..doesnt matter. you get yourself a cup of coffee until it tastes good. You call that person until you feel them..
>>
>>31222096
Anti Depressants are a bullshit placebo that destroy your soul. I think happiness must be achieved internally in the mind, not through external or material things such as pharmaceuticals
>>
File: 1715368783917.png (102 KB, 746x512)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>31222096
Yeah that's rough OP, depression can make anything you choose to do a miserable experience. You can't handle being with people and you can't handle being alone. I think your case is kind of exactly what antidepressants are good for, they could help you dislodge from this and give you a little momentum. Good luck man
>>
>>31222096
Stop using social media

Make sure you aren’t low testosterone or low vitamin D

Remove refined grains and process3d sugars from your diet

Practice positive psychology and Tranquil Wisdom Insight Meditation
>>
>>31222096
You need a new relationship to your thoughts and inner voice. And you need to stay in the present and not getting carried away by that toxic monkey trashtalking to you. Watch Eckhart Tolle. Psycho-analysis is a waste of time, the monkey can't be fixed because it works like a program.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GULH9voMMBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APGyK0Wzxsc
>>
>>31222096
Push through the depression and reconnect with those friends you ghosted (if still possible) and work on diet and exercise. And then keep pushing. Force yourself to talk to people (even if strangers in public) just don't give up.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.