[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Has anyone taken Abilify or any other antipsychotic?

I’ve only read bad reviews about how it will ruin my life
But it’s either a horrible long list of side effects or hallucinations, and I don’t know if I prefer to get used to them
>>
>>31218931
Yeah if you have a psychotic disorder it's often a choice between side effects or symptoms. A good prescriber will try to find the configuration of drugs and lifestyle which results in the fewest side effects and symptoms. Unfortunately, money and logistics are not on your side here so it might take a lot of self advocacy to get them to care.
>>
>>31218931
A chick who worked for me was taking that. She was awesome and I was going to make her top manager. She abandoned her car and all her possessions and skipped town. Idk.
>>
I took it for a couple months, it was alright I don't really remember much about it other than it worked. It made me pass out when I was at my job the first day but I react weirdly to medicine. It probably made my appetite greater, but I can't remember it was years ago.
>>
>>31218959
this. You have to have really bad schizophrenia or bpd and then the side effects will be the lesser evil.
>>31218931
I took it once, not sure which antipsychotic. But it was like 1/4 of the usual dose and just as an sleeping aid. They sedate you so much and you usually gain weight if you have to take them daily unless you find a good dose.
>>
>>31218931
how bad are the hallucinations? I have them but they are pretty minor. I got checked out by a psych and a doctor and they said its not a big deal because mine are innocuous things like seeing a faint ball of smoke, or a bruise on my chest that disappears. things like that. Also i've seen them all my life, I know nothing else. It was only when I briefly became christian that it caused issues for me because of the belief system of spirits being evil that come along with that.

I did get a brain injury and saw some weird rotoscopic shadow people peeking at me from around walls but even then, they went away as I healed.

I had to go on medication for other reasons and they sucked, but if you're ill maybe the sides won't be so bad

im guessing your hallucinations trouble you, or are possibly accompanied by paranoid delusions, but I secretely believe that its kind of like devils snare in Harry Potter. The bigger the deal you make out of it, the worse it gets. There's a lot of cultural shame with hallucinations.

and in my day job i'm a high functioning star performer at a really prestigious organization making over 6 figures, i just don't tell normies anything
>>
>>31222141
i should also say I do see worse things, but they still don't bother me. for example when I go biking in the woods after midnight sometimes, I'll see people walking who disappear when I get closer. This is because my brain is making up what I'm TRYING to see. The darkness makes it worse because the brain has less information to go off of.

I seriously don't get why people make it a huge deal. its really nothing, people are fucking retarded.
>>
>>31218931
https://www.nature.com/articles/1300710

never begin the cycle
>>
>>31222160
They call it lobotomy in pill form or chemical lobotomy for a reason
>>
>>31218931
Try it out and see how it affects you, maybe try with as small a dose as possible and increase until your symptoms fully recede.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.