[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I got fired recently and thought I'd take a few month break now that I'm on unemployment benefits and moved back in with my parents.

How the fuck are you meant to have fun? I go to the gym, box, read, write, watch movies and play piano and that still leaves me a fuck load of free time across the day.

Most things fun cost money and now I'm on a tighter budget so I can't overspend. All my friends are working. Most places close early during the week anyway. You're basically just gonna go out on weekends like normal.

JoblessCHADS please teach me your ways. I'm going insane and considering ending my vacation early and look for another job, even though I know I'd get sick of it soon.
>>
>>31217532
>Most things fun cost money
>JoblessCHADS

have you tried being rich?
>>
>>31217532
Get your money deposited into a high yield account until the neetbux run dry, and invest either the interest or a chunk of the total while you have few expenses. Look up the rate of inflation in your country and look up what stocks/ETFs have historically higher returns than that. Even if the returns on your investments only cover the water bill, that's better than having to work to cover it. Set yourself up for success now and you'll get glad you did in the future.
>>
File: Ape.jpg (24 KB, 736x736)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>31217532
>How the fuck are you meant to have fun?
Honestly I don't think you can. I am fucking miserable when I'm out of work. I'm NEET now and it's driving me bananas.
>>
>>31219521
I wish i was neet. I used to love being neet I just played video games all day
>>
>>31219543
Like I said I can't. I only could NEET for awhile because I was burnt out but as soon as the honeymoon wore off I was an anxious fucking mess. If I owned a house I'd probably feel differently.
>>
>>31219558
Wanna trade places? Lol
>>
>>31217532
>gym, box, read, write, watch movies and play piano

I highly doubt you do any of these things to any elite level - I could put 3-4H into just ONE of these working on my technique (yes even movie watching , you can build a critics eye for the production of a film), reading? thats a whole world unto itself. do you actually read bro? My old lady librarian could literally start a book in the morning and it would take her to 12PM and she calls that a productive day. Have you tried critiquing or understanding the deeper themes of the work?

But I digress , try to see if there are any nearby options to volunteer at with no commute cost. It's basically a job but looks nice on your resume and on your own terms.

Go to a thrift shop/marketplace and get some busted ass bike that still works and explore your city.

Have you walked all the trails of your city?

>t.professional unemployment master
>>
>>31217532
Honest truth, I dont. Im always thinking of that ticking clock. I have to take zen days where i put my all into just not giving a fuck to stay sane.

Ill pray you find work soon, bro. Do the same for me.
>>
>>31217588
Note: not OP, How exactly would anyone who isn't Jeff Bezos or a trust fund'er do that? I mean actually get rich even if it's on time? From almost nothing no less...
>>
>>31217532
Lifelong poorfag here:
1. Vidya (torrent and shop at thrift stores)
2. Heavy bag workouts (you can find heavy bags at garages sales/thrift stores cheap if you keep your nose out)
3. Torrent movies and watch on laptop
4. For social life church, crashing parties, throwing discord watch parties, and basketball at community hoop are all free
5. Music concerts, small time pro wrestling and local festivals are all cheap
6. If you have the friends: DND sessions, football in the public park and cheap pizza parties are all options too

Basically just look for whatever opportunities to have fun are around that are cheap and sieze them. No way around being white trash for a while though. You're now one of us fren.
>>
>>31217532
I'm so jealous of you anon. I can easily waste all of my time just browsing crap without having done anything productive. I work and I hate it as I'm constantly stressed and don't have enough time to relax and regain my composure, plus, all my coworkers are cunts and two faced.
how did you get fired and how are you so chill about it?
and how do I become as composed, cool and productive as you?
ah and, what type of work were you doing?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.