[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000008334.jpg (26 KB, 600x600)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I just returned from the psychiatric ward where I was treated without my consent. I spent 77 days there. The reason for my hospitalization was my aggression towards my mother, which resulted in death threats. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia several times. I occasionally have delusional thoughts when I don't smoke marijuana or take medication. As I stopped taking pills many times, I was given injections of aggression-suppressing drugs. One of haloperidol every 30 days and another of zuclopenthixol every 14 days. Should I take the drugs?
>>
>>31135778
>Should I take the drugs?
Yes. 100% yes.
>>
>>31135778
I don't fucking know dude, all the information you gave in your post is irrelevant and only muddies the water. If you have actual delusions and actual schizophrenia, yes, take the drugs. If you know what advanced untreated schizophrenia looks like, you'll be happy with the drugs.
>>
Meditate daily. Do yoga where you're in static poses. Practice active non-doing. Learn to relax your whole body. Do HIIT-training. Don't stop the drugs all sudden but if you learn to balance your mind and relax you don't need them.

There's nothing really wrong in you except tense muscles. Unless you got brain damage or spinal cord damage or something like that..
>>
Yes. It will probably have a significant impact on your life outcomes if you don't. Especially since you're being treated for aggression right now, that's a big red flag.
You're also lucky that there's proven medications that help treat schizophrenia. Many other mental illnesses out there have no effective treatment whatsoever.

That being said if you notice side effects you hate etc I'd think you can/should work with a doctor to find the best treatment for you.
>>
>>31135778
Look up r/antipsychiatry and see how people feel after taking those shots.

Look into how Antipsychotics lower your threshold for psychosis and cause brain damage.

Wean off those drugs slowly with the help of someone.
>>
>>31136339
What about taking antidepressants and mood stabilizers? Do they cause damage? Not OP but I currently take a mood stabilizer and an antipsychotic.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.