[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714157921127149.gif (222 KB, 1500x1000)
222 KB
222 KB GIF
How do I cope with my brother molesting me?
>>
>>31134771
idk, but you could always expose him and then come out as a survivor.

I wasn't molested so I'm no expert obviously, but I know the only way I really got over things was to either expose/confront the person, or get back at them. If you just hold this in, I don't know how you can heal from it.

If your brother is an otherwise okay person you could try confronting him, if you don't want this to completely change your life. It would obviously be an incredibly difficult conversation, but it could be healing.

If he isn't having it and you're ready for it to impact your life in a social/public way, you could come out about being a survivor, and about how he did that to you.

If neither of those options appeal to you, the easiest way to deal with it would be at least talking to a therapist about it. Don't hold it in anymore. By talking to a therapist about it, you can work through those feelings.
>>
>>31134803
I wish he was reasonable about it so I could just talk to him but the two times I’ve tried to - in a very calm, sensible and non-accusatory manner - he starts gaslighting me & telling me it never happened & calling me crazy. I don’t want to expose him because I don’t want drama or attention but I can’t be around him anymore and it’s driving me crazy
>>
>>31134771
I wasn't raped by my brother, it was my grandad for me. As hard as this sounds the only way I've found is forgiveness. I am not suggesting at all you have to go express forgiveness to your brother, this is something personal, for you. But the only way you'll ever feel better is to forgive and move past it. To forgive you have to try and understand why your brother would do this, you need to figure out what it would take to make you do the same thing. This is a painful process, it should be done slowly, but it really is transformative. We often can't control the things that happen to us, but we can control how we react to the situation. I would research forgiveness if I were you, specifically forgiveness in regards to personal trauma, it helped me so much and gave me my life back and it can do the same for you.
>>
>>31134881
do the exact opposite. you cant trust a human to not do something it did once. this world isnt fair so why would you want to make it unfair only for yourself? cause drama, fuel the fire, wreck their life because they have done it to you. if you dont wanna do it for yourself do it for the potential next person.
>>
>>31134902
I forgave him, but I totally imploded his life, he killed himself 2 years after I spoke out. I'm not saying OP shouldn't speak out, he should, anything that happens is entirely his brother's fault. But, it's not going to make him feel better, from speaking out it does not make you feel better. Doing internal work and forgiving them is the only way to get over it for real.
>>
Must be a bait but how about using violence creatively?
>>
Nah now they're sayin Phineas touched Ferb and thats why he quiet
>>
>>31134771
shank him between the ribs
>>
>>31134771
Post your bussy. We’ll judge if it was acceptable.
>>
>>31134771
I think you’ll need to stop being a pussy. Molestation isn’t bad at all. Really be honest with yourself and ask why you feel like shit, you will notice you feel like shit because society deems it as something that you should be traumatized about. Nothing more, nothing less.
>t. Got molested too in my childhood
>>
Therapy. Specifically someone that specializes in or offers some sort of help for sexual trauma.
>>
>>31136350
Therapists are a fucking meme and just pretend to listen to you for a quick buck.
>>
>>31134771
Cutting contact is a good start. I found that I couldn’t really even process what happened until I stopped speaking to my abuser. This might be more difficult for you, but as little contact as you can. I also had good luck with EMDR. It’s like every year since then I’ve moved on more and more. Honestly didn’t think I could ever be a normal person and really struggled to function daily. I feel happy every day when before I don’t think I ever really experienced it. Shame is a terrible thing.

Good luck forever. I really hope you find what works for you. It is completely worth fighting for your own peace of mind, self worth, or whatever helps.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.