[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (3.03 MB, 2000x1333)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB PNG
I’m curious what people think is an appropriate response to a question I get all the time. For context, this is usually on first dates from bumble, tinder. I don’t have my height in my profile but I also only date girls 6+ inches shorter so I don’t think it should be a problem.

Personally, I hate the idea of giving a straight answer for a few reasons.

A) other people lie so if you are honest, you’re selling yourself short.

B) if you do lie, that’s just demeaning yourself

C) we’re already on a date, they can see exactly how tall I am. So why would it matter unless they just want to compare me to some arbitrary, likely inflated number (ie “if it’s below 6 ft, you must acquit”)

So the only answer I feel like giving is none at all. But I’m sure this makes me sound insecure about it. Really I’m quite happy with myself, I know I’m above average anyway. The line of questioning just seems stupid and puts me in an off mood.

And I have a feeling to most people, just saying “I don’t know” and trying to move on will be regarded as insecure anyway. You literally can’t win. (Unless you’re either very tall or willing to demean yourself)
>>
Girls are shit at measuring height.
>>
>>31133131
Considering this is happening on irl dates, you're probably just autistic. When a girl says 'how tall are you?' to your face (not over text) she's just trying to say 'wOw YoU're sO tAll' but too shy to put it that bluntly.
>>
>>31133131
When they ask just say "around 6 feet tall"
It isnt a lie if you're 5'10 and say that
>>
>>31133212
I doubt that though. I'm literally dead average
>>
>>31133131
Respond with "How much do you weigh?"
>>
>>31133212
This
>>31133221
And? Millions if not billions of average women are told how beautiful they are everyday. People use flattery to get what they want.

>>31133131
I just make them guess and then say that sounds about right. Basically imply I don't know. I'm like 6'2 but usually get guessed at 6'4 or 6'5. Over dating apps idk what I'd say if probably just tell the truth but that's easy for me to say because it will never disqualify me and when we meet in person they'll just be impressed because I'm taller than they expect.
>>
>>31133983
Im 6'3, when people ask my height I just say 5'2 because it's funny to me.
>>
>>31134110
This. OP should just say a ridiculous number. She's asking irl so if she's not joking/flirting she must be autistic, so just goof with her lightly.
>>
>>31133212
I am actually tall, and tons of girls do this to me irl. A couple days ago I had one say oh wow have you gotten taller? And she wasn't my grandma.
Whenever I get it I just chuckle and make a joke about the high shelf or whatever and move on, I don't take it as I'm being hit on, should I? I dont have the dick to go with it though if thats what she's thinking. It actually is average but looks smaller in comparison because tall.
>>
>>31133131
I just say I am 6'8''. I am actually 5'8''. What's she gonna do about it?
>"Hahaha, you're pulling my leg anon! No, how tall are you really?"
>"6'8''"
>"Come on, stop joking!"
>"OK OK, I admit. I am actually 6'9''".
No force in the universe can compel me to A) speak what I do not wish to speak B) not be funny.
>>
>>31133131
"tall enough". It doesn't matter, you can "gas the Jews" women love confidence, just say it like you own it king.
>>
>>31133131
The bigger the difference the more you can add a few inches. I usually go for girls around my height (5'9) or taller so it gets real obvious real fast if I'm lying. But the big cutoff is 6'0 anyway. Also I thought Bumble made you put your height on your profile now?

>>31133941
Don't do this, it makes you look like you're coping and seething (which you are)
>>31134110
Do this
>>31134591
Or this
>>
>>31133131
I would say you're ngmi because you're obviously lacking social skills but you also happen to be 6'2" so you can do anything you want, just don't give a retarded answer or look weak
>>
>>31133131
I answer honestly, 5'8". Honesty is the perfect filter. If she doesn't like the response, I don't like her anymore either.
>>
>>31133131
>unmatch immediately
That's the only appropriate response if you want to 'date' a 'person.' If you want to FUCK a BAG OF MEAT on the other hand, just say like 6'1". They're just using stupid superficial filters anyways so play the game and use them right back.
>>
>>31133131
“how much do you weigh?”
>>
Ghost. if its important enough to ask its not worth meeting

t. manlet

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.