[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (2) (26).jpg (17 KB, 500x500)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
I have always been a shy, reserved, socially anxious protected kid. I have always been scared of people and I would hide in my bedroom or make excuses to miss out on social activities.

I am anxious 24/7 and I always get frustrated at the littlest of things and end up overthinking and fucking everything up. I have no idea how to navigate and take responsibility when it comes to speaking up for myself, stepping up for my loved ones and making people think that they can depend on me.

I am a people pleasing retard and would rather get berated than tell people to shut the fuck up. I am scared of confrontations and conflicts because I was bullied as a kid and I realised I am not that good at the whole talking smack thing. I would get rolled in an argument (probably end up making senseless arguments and twist on my words to look even more pathetic)

I want to become someone who can take a stand for himself and the people around him. I have let my friends down in the best by not speaking up for them when they needed me to stand by them and everytime I mess up(every other week) all the shitty ass memories come back and the embarrassment makes me wanna kill myself.

any help would be appreciated I genuinely don't know what to do when I think about solving the issue on hand I get confused and end up messing everything up. Its like I missed out on a fucking social life 101 holy shit I have no values or fixed moral standards.

help me anons I don't wanna be a coward wimp anymore
>>
lift
>>
You need legitimate things to care about and you need to experience actually stressful things in a safe manner. A boxing gym would be a great fit for you. Flat out tell the coach how anxious you are and ask him to call and check on you if you puss out and skip sessions. When. You realize you can get hit in the face and get back up, regular life feels a lot easier.
>>
It's pretty common. I'd bet atleast 50% of people have this condition. I get extremely anxious when meeting new people whether they or male or female, although females are worse to the point I shut myself in. The best way to get over it is to deal with it head on. It can be hard sometimes, but once you do the things that make you anxious you will get less anxious.
>>
File: 1714039533029667.webm (2.76 MB, 480x480)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB WEBM
>>31127951
>help me anons I don't wanna be a coward wimp anymore

Follow your dreams and take chances, even when you're not sure of what the outcome will be.

Webmrel
>>
>>31127951
Lift and box.
>>
>>31127999
I really want to deal with things head on but I end up picking the safer route out. for eg if I wanna call someone out I'll intuitively do it in the most onions way possible.
>>
>>31127968
>>31128012
how would lifting help me
>>
>>31128139
Exercise helps me because it tires me out to the point I'm too tired to be anxious.
>>
>>31128139
Testosterone and muscle mass are anti-anxious pussy.
>>
You stop thinking about it. Don't focus on the fact that you can't talk to anyone and are an anxious mess. You think too much about what bad things might happen that you end up making them happen and the worst is, you expect it. Are you so scared of the unknown that you'd rather stay in a comfortable place even if the comfort that you latch on is made of thorns? I say build your self esteem first, self esteem is knowing who are when you are resting, not speaking to anybody, and when you speak to someone you'll still be knowing who you are because you, as a person, does not change simply by being perceived by others. However you might be weak enough to let it change you. Self esteem in a way is strength so you better train it like a muscle my boy

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.