[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I'm constantly tired, can't lose weight, sleep for most of the day, and am always cold. I'm pretty sure I have a thyroid problem given I have a family history of it, but can't afford to go to a doctor or get tests (minimum wagoid). I'm planning to order Levothyroxine from an online pharmacy, start out with 12.5 mg in the morning, stay at that for 2 weeks, then increase from there.
How retarded is this plan? I don't wanna kill myself with an adrenal crisis or something but I also don't want to end up roping because of depression.
>>
Two things - 12.5 mcg, not mg, and the family history is both my mother and grandmother have thyroid problems.
>>
>>31125229
I have had a shitty thyroid since i was a teen, and everytime in my life I've seen a doctor he asked me to get my blood tested to look at my TSH. It's basically the only thing they look at.
If your TSH is between 4 and 10 mg/l, you may need levothyroxin if and only if T3 and T4 level are abnormal. For example, I have 4.9 but T3 and T4 are ok so i don't take levothyroxin.
So I'd say if you can get a blood test for TSH, T3, T4, maybe it'll help you know that your thyroid is involved and you can skip to an endocrinologist. But don't get a habit of starting new meds on your own, this will cost you more than it'll save in the long run. It's easy to assume a pill will fix everything but then it doesn't (levothyroxin ruined me as a teen which is why i try to avoid it myself)
>>
>>31125290
mUI/L not mg/L
Also i have one grandpa with thyroid history but that's it
>>
>>31125229
I take half what the doctor gives. And only half the time. Don’t copy off those crazy fuckers. If you take it all the time, your body will quit its job because something else is doing it. Some hippie told me insufficient iodine is often to blame. Idk.
>>31125290
How did it ruin you? You think it is as bad as most drugs?
>>
>>31125229
Jeez you don't start taking meds until you've fixed your diet.
100% carnivore for 3 months, extra iodine fortified salt because you'll piss it out without carbs.
Then see how you feel.
If it helps then you can start adding vegetables back in one at a time to see which ones are fucking your thyroid. Most likely broccoli, kale.
>>
>>31125599
I eat fine and already use fortified salt. Don't know about the 100% carnivore diet, sounds hokey. Any evidence for that?
>>
>>31125229

If you're a wagie then you would have free healthcare with Medicaid so you could afford to go to the doctor. Don't fuck with your endocrine system. Ask your doctor for wellbutrin, adderall, or ozempic at least. I can attest for wellbutrin making me skinny and happy and full of energy.
>>
>>31127601
Cruciferous vegetables contain known goitrogens. If you're one of the people who are sensitive they can cause or exacerbate thyroid problems.
It's much more likely that you're sensitive to something you're eating, than you simply need thyroid medication.
The Carnivore diet is just an elimination diet. You can remove everything which might be causing problems. Adding back one at a time allows you to identify the problematic foodstuff.
I discovered I have a sensitivity to dairy. When I eat it, next day inflammation, joint aches.
>>
>>31127601
Not that anon
Addressing your health via diet first is always the best choice. Carnivore works for a lot of people but I'd never recommend that to someone over something balanced like the Vertical Diet. Part of the details of the diet are planned for healthy thyroid function. You can easily pirate the ebook and there are descriptions of the diet from the author on YouTube. You basically eat the nutrient dense foods it recommends and then add lean meats and easily digestible carbs until you are at the proper calorie count. Add some basic resistance training of your choice and follow that diet 95% of the time for 3 months and chances are you will be as healthy as a horse.
>>
>>31125229
Yeah 12.5 is fine and won't kill you. I wouldn't go higher than 50 in the beginning. If you do not feel any improvement with 50 then thyroid is not your issue
>>
>>31125229
Oh yeah and no milk, no coffee, no onions products and in general no food 2 hour before and two hours after the pill.
>>
>>31125229
You actually have a case of the little bitches.
>>
>>31128579
Not OP. Kek. Never heard of this.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.