[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mpv-shot0007.jpg (225 KB, 1920x1080)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
There's this girl I've never spoke to in college but I think she likes me. She's really pretty.
I'm a massive sperg but I'm trying to improve and be better.
I reserved two tickets to a play tomorrow night and was going to try and ask her to go.
I figure if she says yes we can go to the play and she'll enjoy it (it's a comedy) and then at least I won't regret not ever trying. I am a massive sperg and really struggle to talk to people tho.

I might not get a chance to ask her even and she might say no, which I'd almost prefer she did so I didn't have to endure my own shame and disappointment at being a sperg which I'm sure will be the result. btw im not american

Good idea or bad idea?
>>
>>31121870
Shoot your shot fella, you've already bought the tickets anyway so might as well.
>>
>>31121870
Lock at her and think "I'm going to kill myself if i don't do this". You concentrate in this, it's an autosuggestion. Concentrate. Repeat. "I'm going to kill myself if i don't do this"
Then your mind empties and you just do it: ask her out.
>>
>>31121870
>Good idea or bad idea?
Sure, either it works out or you can move on with your life.
>>
>>31122598
not OP but personally I'd just kill myself
>>
>>31122705
I am OP and I think I should just kill myself

I dont have the charisma or any personality to pull it off, plus there's a 15 minute interval I'd have to make (playful) conversation with her
>>
>>31122728
self fulfilling prophecy.
if you don't feel confident enough, write a script with possible responses
>>
>>31122902
i've been doing that mentally for years and all it does is impede social interaction because youre not responding spontaneously or genuinely to what the other person is saying and has actually ruined my brain, one of the reasons why i lack confidence
>>
>>31122598
Retard strategy, pressure doesn't work. Just gonna make you self-loathe afterwards.
>>
>>31122912
you can't read shit like a robot
charismatic business leaders prepare their presentations and investor meetings, of course if sometime throws a curveball they've got to be adaptive so they prepare points. and they aren't robo-reading
>>
>>31121870
Why haven't you asked her?
>I'm afraid you'll say no

Ima level. Everyone gets rejected. A lot. It's part of the game. There is nothing specially or uniquely awful happening to you that doesn't happen to everyone if she did.
I'm glad you seem to be making peace with that yourself, but, when I used to struggle here it did make me feel better knowing it wasn't just an "I'm cursed" thing. People shoot shots, miss, get up.and try again. You can too.
>>
>>31122962
im more afraid that she'll say yes and it will just reinforce what a sperg i am to myself
>>
>>31122980
She's already made up her mind about you. And she already thinks you're a sperg (if you really even are one). If she says yes, she thinks it's cute/endearing.
>>
>>31121870
>I think she likes me
Why do you think that?
>>
In my opinion, you gotta ask her dude. I know it's scary to upset the status quo of not being rejected, but the "what if" of not knowing what answer she'd give will eat you alive. There's a girl I had a strong friendship with whom I never told that I liked, and many many years after having a falling out, accepting the fact that I'll never know whether she reciprocated my feelings took a lot of emotional capital.
>>
>>31124721
fair enough i will ask her if she comes in today
I don't mind being rejected i just have really poor social skills so having to talk to anyone but especially a girl i like is terrifying
>>
She didn't come in today I don't think I'll see her again just feel like killing myself feel like shit I'm so sick of having no friends or a gf I'm so sick of not being able to talk to people I don't understand how everyone else does it I'm so lonely
>>
if she comes in tomorrow which is the last day I'll ask for her number
>>
i really hope she comes in tomorrow
>>
>>31125920
>>31126149
>>31127417
calm down nigga
>>
>>31127457
ive invested all my happiness into this i cant
>>
>>31127468
what the fuck does that even mean my man
so what happens if you get reject? you'll kill yourself?
Also it sounds more like you're in love with her rather than her with you given how desperate you are
What makes you think she likes you? Has she even approached you for small talk? Just catching her looking at you means nothing to be honest
Also you have no friends? wanna play shit together? i'm playing rising storm 2 with another anon.
>>
>>31127509
>Also you have no friends? wanna play shit together? i'm playing rising storm 2 with another anon.
i would anon and it's nice of you to offer but i dont play video games unfortunately, thanks though
>>
>>31127562
Bro, I’m not >>31127509, but if you’re normally alone and feel lonely the easiest way to change that is to start a hobby or new social activity. Anon just offered to try you out as a friend in a free activity (Rising Storm 2 has a free multiplayer version iirc) and introduce you to another anon. Go once to see if it slays that itch, don’t just say “no video games” cause continually saying no is how you stay lonely. Take it from a fellow spergling, saying yes to social environments where you don’t really care about how bad you flub the awkwardness because you’ve got no investment in it if these people turn out to be awful is the quickest and easiest way learn/practice social skills. I went from being afraid to talk to people to reliably chatting up random strangers at bus stops or on the street and getting good results. You can too if you practice enough.
>>
>>31128889
fair enough anon, youre right
i didnt actually realise it was a free game

id be willing to play it then actually
>>
my mood changes so much a few hours ago i could have easily asked her out all charismatic like but now i dont think i could
>>
How was the play?
>>
>>31131516
she didn't come in so I couldn't ask her, and she didn't come in today either so I couldn't ask for her number, but I don't really mind for some reason

maybe if I see her after an exam in a couple of weeks I'll ask you her, feel like that'll be too late but I don't really care anymore either

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.