[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/adv/ - Advice

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 9vi3827aogk91.png (6 KB, 634x768)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
I'm in entry level finance making around 40k USD. Unlike most of my peers I don't have an accounting degree, which makes moving up hard. I'm also kind of worried about potential AI automation as I feel like a lot of my jobs could be done by AI in the next few years. Should I look to become an electrician or something?
>>
Bump
>>
>>31116939
What is this nerd shit?
>>
>>31116939
Tradesmen don't even interview people who don't have any trade experience. You should stick with your job and try to educate yourself to be better than the AI or your peers. I will say being an electrician is probably the best of the trades because you're not killing your back, but you do need to be comfortable working near dangerous electricity. There are companies that hire people with 0 experience but in reality they are grooming you to be a salesman.
>>
>>31116939
>well paying job
>40k
Do you live in a third world shithole making 40k USD or something? That's nowhere near what anyone should call "well paying".
>>
>>31116939
>I'm also kind of worried about potential AI automation
you're an idiot then. hows self-driving trucks doing now that long haul trucking went extinct? hows traditional banks doing now that blockchain has rendered them obsolete?

that's you right now, worrying about shit that isn't happening. no doubt some CEOs will fire a lot of people thinking automation is here in the next 5 years, but thats a lot different from the product that replaces human labour actually existing.
>>
>>31117547
Obviously. Half this damn board is fucking third world trash.
>>
No. I started making about $45k in finance and now I’m in my 30s making about $100k. I actually left at one point to work blue collar and it was a terrible decision. I’m glad I didn’t stick with that.
>>
>>31117627
My condolences. Best bet is to save as much as you can and try to climb the ladder.
>>
>>31117547
I like in NZ. It's 67k before taxes. More than I ever thought I'd get
>>
probably
>>
Management and board embezzling company funds will never be AI automated.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.