[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cunt.png (1005 KB, 1047x1546)
1005 KB
1005 KB PNG
Need help, I'm relatively new to charactermodeling in blender and ambitiously chose to go for an anime-ish style. I edited the normals to make the lighting more presentable, but to my knowledge you cant edit the normals for individual shapekeys, which sucks because facedeformation messes with the light.
Is there a quick and easy work around for this or do I have to redo my shapekeys manually, but better?
It's supposed to be a game asset at the end of the day.
>>
see discussion here:
https://old.reddit.com/r/blenderhelp/comments/151x6g9/customnormalsshapekey_animation/jsbce86/
>>
>>982234
>Can not be exported
Blandent brain dead stroke, a very common disease in the Blender community.

Just don’t use blender, there’s other software that do work with what you want. Blender can’t do what you are asking.
>>
>>982233 (OP)
that is done with normal transfer.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCDENUgqPEBjWoaDwXo2KEgwHaSovNcgC
>>
>>982236
Cant be exported>? Cant be exported to what? I use custom normals in a unity project and they imported fine
>>
If you're using data transfer in Blender to keep the face normals working through deformations via shape keys, just know that deformations will still break the face normals on export to Unity/Unreal. You'll have to modify the face normals per frame like how CC2/Arc System Works handle it.
>>
File: 1710103949825875.jpg (183 KB, 1800x1013)
183 KB
183 KB JPG
>>982257
Another solution which I've seen used in Hi-Fi Rush and Genshin Impact is to use an SDF texture. You'll have to set up a custom shader in Unity/Unreal but the huge benefit here is that face deformation of any kind won't destroy the normals. Downside is that you're essentially using psuedo lighting. It's not 'real' but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>982258
This, the best sol

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.