[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0316.png (421 KB, 1136x640)
421 KB
421 KB PNG
>Godot
Missing features and lacks artistic improvement to match with Unreal and Unity
>Blender
All marketing PR talk, no real experience in using Blender. Knows nothing about the real reason.
>Open source
Open source projects doing dumb things like glTF animation implementation, dead software, not documenting important stuff, heavy relaying on Blender instead of other 3D software
>Unity and Unreal
They have a monopoly in 3D games, not a single open source can export to console. Open source projects limits artists like you and me with dumb ideas like TIFF format. Heavy restrictions to Windows only. Dumb downloads for developers like Microsoft Visual Studio. None of that matters with Unity or Unreal.

Never trust YouTubers
>>
File: rickJamesBitch.gif (459 KB, 342x342)
459 KB
459 KB GIF
>Schizophrenia is one hell of a drug
>>
Ok.
>>
I have no desire to make a game, why did you make this dumb thread? go away
>>
File: Elsagate.jpg (66 KB, 690x397)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>981323
>Never trust YouTubers
The most important lesson.
All of them are fucken Liars.
Fun fact YT is literally a toddler exploitation platform, these peopel are making funny faces to the camera so the literally toddlers whose parents give them YT to watch are entertained.
>>
>>981323
>Heavy restrictions
No restrictions.
> open source can export to console
This is a good thing.

>console
Literally dead platforms no one writers for consoles, consoles have no games.

>MUHHH CONSOLES
Literally irrelevant since you need to flip over backwards to even publish anything on this restrictive trash.

>MUHHH CONSOLES
Since the steam deck exists consoles are irrelevant.

>MUHHH CONSOLES
Say hello to PC exclusives you console pleb.
>>
>>981388
>Doesnt know jack shit
Open Source Software has some of the dumbest things implemented even if you’re a blenet, the requirement to do the most basic things like uploading will take an entire hour. Godot can’t do animations without glTF and to export it from blender also requires to hand code it otherwise you face unpleasant consequences of solo mode which doesn’t interact with other models.

All that just to upload something while Unity and UE can handle a single file upload.
>>
>>981323
>>AI will not replace gamedevs
ha ha
>>
Every single one of your complaints could be fixed if you weren't such a corposhill faglod and picked up C++ For Dummies
>>
>>981417
C++ is exclusively to Microsoft Visual Studio. It’s the reason why you have to download the software.
>>
>>981323
and not a single mention of AI, fuck harry potter
>>
>>981323
>lacks artistic improvement
ngmi

>Open source projects limits artists like you and me
you are not an artist
>>
>>981425
Are you trolling or are you legitimately fucking retarded?
>>
>>981323
>Godot is good for 3-ACK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy6A8LVW_9U
>>
>>981465
No really, you legitimately can’t use C++ without Microsoft Visual Studio: https://old.reddit.com/r/C_Programming/comments/123ly5q/c_on_windows_without_visual_studio_basically/
>>
>>981465
Reddit said so >>981489 Stop questioning and get into the balls pit.
>>
>>981489
>>981491
I was doing just fine when I was learning with Code::Blocks.
>>
you probably seethe at this video because you could not learn gdscript. keep crying pleb let others learn some shit
>>
>>981480
I've watched the documentary on that channel about Godot being a cult modeled after the Blender Foundation and I completely agree.
>>
>>981585
But we already knew you aren't able to form your own opinion
>>
>>981580
GDevelp can’t upload 3D idiot.
>>
>>981586
I knew the Blender Foundation had become a cult for a long time. I didn't know that the Godot people were copying their model.
>>
File: really cat.png (1.08 MB, 900x642)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>981323
Never really liked Brackey's tutorials.
>he never goes over the basics while pedaling to people who understand nothing about coding.

like, to understand Brackey's tutorials you must already have the coding knowledge to understand the tutorial and therefore you could just do it yourself without the tutorial.

I fell into the trap of watching all his videos and just mindlessly copy and pasting them while learning nothing, I only came to understand wtf I was actually doing when I learned C# monoscript in uni years later
>>
>>981589
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdl9xg4M-yc
>>
>>981788
>MaKe tHe CamRa thE PlAyeR
Do you know how stupid that sounds to everyone.
>>
>>981791
That's how it works.
>>
>>981793
No, the camera is not the player, the camera is the camera. It’s like saying you’re an alien in a alien spaceship filled with aliens. No, you are still a dumb human without alien special powers.
>>
Brackeys in parricular will fuck you up in the long term if you follow his tutorials. He is designed to gatekeep indiedev by culling newcomers
>>
i swear anyone who unironically advocates for godot is a retard
the main purpose of a game engine is to provide a render engine, physics, audio systems and being able to easily port to different systems
godot is like retarded in all of that so all you really get is a shitty editor and at this point you might just grab an off the shelf render engine and start from the ground up

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.