[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1683773010525888.png (437 KB, 834x725)
437 KB
437 KB PNG
Why does his VFX feel so cheap, lads?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_8fPy2V2mQ
>>
>>979496
Looks normal
>>
>>979497
nah
>>
>>979496
Lighting
>>
>>979496
pretty good job for a hobbyist generalist
god I kind of want to go back to comping with nuke, loved the node based workflow
>>
>>979496
the whole room needs to be cyberpunkish including lighting
>>
>>979497
Not really, he cheaps out on lightning, neckskin is unnecessary and blur the back of his head. Which is just a 10 seconds clip. This guy has no clue what he’s doing, i can make a longer video with action scenes for the actors and fans to see the whole gadget (I don’t know what that thing should be).
>>
>>979505
>pretty good job for a hobbyist generalist
he's not a hobbyist, nor a generalist
>>
This is fine.
There's things you could do to bring it up, better lighting, some makeup/prosthetics to ease the transition between the real and CG elements.
Probably what he should have done at least is draw a line on his neck so he had a good reference point for the roto, because that looks a bit off to me.
But overall this is good imo. I've seen far worse in marvel movies.
>>
>>979496
I don't understand. Who will watch this knowing that AI will make this without effort soon enough?
>>
>>979539
I don't understand. Who will post/read this knowing that AI will post/read this without effort soon enough?
>>
>>979496
>using blender
>>
>>979539
>Two more weeks bro!
>>
>>979496
>dude couldn't even be assed to take his fucking glasses off so they're just clipping underneath his "cybernetics"
Fuckin lazy.
>>
>>979496
bottom of the beard is just photoshop clip tooled out. At the chin area you can see he tried to keep some of the feathering in the beard but the left side is just completely smooth lol looks like a bad edit that's why.
>>
>>979496
Because this is rushed and done poorly by a gay Yootoober CG grifter/imposter/indiefag and not a genuine industry graphics team.

Shocking, I know.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.