[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.jpg (12 KB, 299x168)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
why isnt there more 3d solo/indie/short team/no budget animated series? do they not make money?
>>
>>972923
It takes a lot of time and effort, oh... and talent, Anons are waiting for text to video to happen to make it, because it doesn't require any of those things
>>
>>972923
Yeah, they don't make money. To do 3d on a budget usually mean going with an npr style, but anything that isn't photorealistic is harder to market for regardless of quality.
>>
>>972923
My goal is to make my own RWBY ripoff.

>>972925
>>972927
The trick is to have waifu's an foster an autistic fanbase and make your money off of merch sales while your main series is produced at a loss. RT of course forgot about this and that's why RWBY failed. (no one wants to buy merch of ugly dykes.)
>>
>>972938
>The trick is to have waifu's an foster an autistic fanbase

I think this is the problem. You don't see more of this because you need Venn diagram where three circles overlap

You have to be a waifu autist yourself to be driven enough to spend pretty much all your life practicing and producing waifu slop.
You need to have a erectile dysfunction to not stop making waifus soon as you jizz to your creation and in postnut clarity move on to work on something worthwhile.
You need to be good enough at being such an autist to attract an audience of lesser autists - while not being austist enough to avoid massing an audience.

So far those circles have only overlapped on one person. This kind of archweeb that apparently is a one in ~10billion humans kind of occurrence, one of natures true prototypes.
>>
File: TearsInTheRain.jpg (15 KB, 786x417)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>972951
They claim he was killed by 'unspecified allergies' but it was probably more like the expiration date on the synths in bladerunner.
When you build entities that powerful equipping them with a short expiration date is one obv way to limit their impact.
>>
>>972938
The trick is to write a good story.
If you have a good story, people will automatically like the waifus, without ever needing to pander to neckbeards and weebs.
Note: many fail this simple task.
>>
>>972938
>My goal is to make my own RWBY ripoff.
God's speed, anon and good luck to you.
>>
>>973557
No, you are kind of wrong, good stories is just the tip of the iceberg, what you need is good character design, good writers and a good voice actress, a good story can be something as simple as a gag, but can work because of the writing. Look for example One punch man, the story is a gag, but the writing is really good and fun.
>>
>>973557
It's literally the other way around. RWBY was, by Oum's own admission, an excuse to string together a series of fight scenes. The whole Aura concept was an excuse for fights to not end too quickly. Striking character designs mated to charming (early) worldbuilding filled out the experience but it was always a means to an end.
>>
>>972923
everybody wants cool shit but nobody wants to pay for it
>>
>>972951
I've never really had the problem of getting overly horny at my own drawings. And I'm absolutely an autistic who uses his autism to be really charismatic and funny.

>>973557
Your story doesn't need to be good. It needs to be serviceable. This isn't a book, there's a difference. Aesthetics, feel, visual appeal, and special are all more important. As long as your story is good enough to carry audience along it works. It's more important to have fleshed out characters than a fleshed out plot. You can have a very basic and simple story but as long as the characters are good in terms of design and personality.

>>973805
Thank you, but I think the new video stuff killed my motivation.
>>
>>972923
Hey OP
RT's finally going to fuck off, it's your chance
>>
I'm making one :)
>>
>>976860
Share progress? What's it about?
>>
>>976878
Still in preproduction. 14 months in so far. It's a noir.
>>
>>976860

same here bro, we're gonna make it for sure :(

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.