[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sovlulaandquasovl.png (949 KB, 1300x754)
949 KB
949 KB PNG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luKf0e7bf40

I personally think it oozes sovl, but the good kind.
>>
>>972287
>thoughts on Nebula & Quasar?
My thoughts are...I want to fuck the pulper one the blue one with hair covering her eyes and plankton daughter.
>>
>>972287
its really good and i wish more people knew about it
>>
Looks like HRT, HIV and COVID combined in video form.
>>
>>972287
The yellow one is hot
>>
Ok OP, I'm interested, what the hell is this?
>>
File: jet force gemini.jpg (135 KB, 700x933)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>972287
I guess if the creator is having fun, then that's all that matters.
But it seems like a huge waste of time and energy *pretending* to be a game that came out around the turn of the millennium. When you can spend all that time and effort actually making a video game.

It's got some of that old school 3D style. Akin to Reboot(1994), Beast Wars(1996), and Donkey Kong Country(1997). But the style of faces in N&Q are more like 1930's cartoons. Which is odd. Early 3D tried to capture facial details. Even if they often failed like Jet Force Gemini.(1999) Even Sonic Adventure(1998) attempted to articulate Sonic's face.

Ultimately, this 1930's face style makes the art look like someone's deviant art OCs, rather than a proper callback to older 3D. I suppose it doesn't need to be exactly like early 3D. But if you're going to go for those old cartoon style faces, then you can at least implement it a little better than that.
I'm not a fan of retro works like this anyway. I say that if you're going to take inspiration from something, that's all well and fine. But try to improve on the design. These characters remind me of Bomberman. Since they're supposed game came out in 2002. That would be around the time Bomber Man Generation came out for Gamecube. I remember being somewhat impressed with those graphics. Bomberman had longer limbs, and *cel shading*. That might be a better route for N&Q. Cel shading. I don't know. Just an idea. But it would make them look more cartoony.
Also, it would help to remove the shadows cast by their eyes and eyebrows.

I don't have any grand judgement. It's no really my thing. I would do it differently if I were in their shoes.
>>
>>972287
This is seriously impressive for only 5000 views
>>
>>972287
low tier soul. mildly forced.
>>
>>972287
Just found out the creator of this is black. I'm honestly surprised.
>>
>>972287
could they have picked a MORE cliche song?
>>
>>972441
Explain what "forced soul" is exactly without using buzzwords
>>
>>973111
more importantly, explain what "SOUL" is
>>
>>972287
Didn’t this guy make some FNAF fart videos?
>>
new video just came out,
>>
Check out the /unfiction/ general discussion on /trash/ if you'd like to know more.
>>
>>972441
>>973111
>what is soul / forced soul?
The idea of art being soul comes from the word soul-less. The phrase soul-less illustrates a sense of creative bankruptcy. Tons of cooperate work is considered soul-less because it lacks a truly unique creative identity. The opposite is true for works with soul, it's a complement to the artists resilience in contrast to the rest of the industry. The amount of "soul" a work has relates to just how distinctively it presents it's creative vision.

So where does "mildly forced" come in? Well some work is unique and creative for the sake of fun, while other's try to force a narrative for popularity or money. It's similar to saying an artist is a sell out, in which case the quality of their work is commercialized for the benefit of a larger system.

>>972319
Agreed, props to the artist, you can tell they have a lot of passion.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.