[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/3/ - 3DCG

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello, Last saturday i was informed by an internet chum of mine about blender. I have never used 3d modeling tools before and was interested to give it a try, had an old housemate show me some stuff about 10 years ago and it looked tedious and overly complicated and i had no pc at the time either.
I have now used blender for less than 24 hours in total and am enjoying learning, have made 2 (well 1.5) things so far.
My E-Chum also informed me about this board, as he said it can have good info here now and then so here i am.
I like sculpting the best so far and spent 3 hours today experimenting with geometry and extrusion, inset tools etc, so may check out this more often.
Thank you for reading my blog.
>>
Hour or so in bump.
>>
>>964173
>>964180
You're already better at this than 98% of this board.
All we do here is argue about software without ever modeling anything.
>>
>>964190
dont listen to this moron. If you post anything on this board you cannot post it on any other real site (artstation, twitter)
>>
>>964191
lmao sore point, you won't make it on (artstation, twitter), Cris.
>>
>>964173
Are you using blender to sculpt? Why don't you become a real man and use Zbrush?
>>
>>964180
Are you one of Cris friends?
You should learn more from hiy
>>
5 hours in blender.
Ready,
Doesn't matter!
GO
>>
>>964199
Never heard of it, will take a look thanks.
>>
>>964201
Who?, this is my first visit to this board, only been messing around with blender for a few afternoons since the weekend.
Above pics rel are my first experiment with sculpting and colouring etc.
This is it semi finished as i could do better lighting, hair, skin etc with a bit of extra tweaking. Probably took about 8-12 hours overall including restarts and learning the tools.
>>
Did 3 hours messing with scaling, extrusion and inset on the base start cube. (Pic rel) E-Buddy asked to do a typical northwest uk working class house, so i did my nans old gaff (rip).
Pic rel is starting cube loop cut and dragged about, had 2 restarts from scratch cos of saving over file by accident and causing some bad geometry to glitch out. Going to mess with texture mapping bricks on it and getting reflective/glassy windows tomorrow.
>>
>>964180
anon this is just amazing, do you really have no background in 3D modeling/sculpting?
>>
File: 1696974574070989.jpg (392 KB, 1888x1064)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>>964223
>learning how to sculpt in a weekend, whereas 95% of this board spent 10 years and still fall short.
You are going to make the whole board seethe with this raw talent.
If you actually become more serious and study more, I can actually see you going somewhere.
>>
>>964303
Thicc
>>
Tail bump
Tried 3 variations, one i practiced generating using curve tool, bezel and array but looked too 'fake' . Another i sculpted completely adding skelatal forms but looked too random.
Decided on sculpt the tail form and add duplicated shapes to keep uniformity of features through scaling and fine adjustment of xyz data.
>>
>>964569
if you've actually got this amount of natural skill at sculpting ditch blender and pirate zbrush it's 10x better for sculpting
>>
>>964173
Hey, if you're doing this as a hobby, rock on. If not, then let me tell you that you suck, and will never be hired.
>>
>>964613
Found the thieving nigger.
>>
someone on this board is actually having fun for once.
I like it. keep it up, op
>>
Nice
>>
Keep it up. It is nice to see someone enjoying the process of learning new skills. This is much better than watching tv.
>>
>>965277
Cheers, going to try some basic rigging and animation in the next week.
>>
>>964173
Is this how blender looks now? Or do you need to tweak much to get there? My first and last time using blender was 2.6 where I quickly noped out because I'm a fkn coward.
>>
>>965287
it looks like the default sculpting environment in blender to me
>>
>>965286
I'll have you know seeing something you made on your own move for the first time is an unforgettable experience.
>>
>>965287
I guess mate, 4.0 was out last week. I have only been doing this nearly 2 weeks so can't really say.
Tools a tool though, stick at it and if you have any art skills they will show.
>>
>>965271
I have seen that art style on YouTube before, the dude that does this kind of low poly characters, it is called impothencia or something like that no?
>>
>>965303
nta, but I believe you are talking about this guy https://www.youtube.com/@Imphenzia/videos
>>
>>965309
Yeah that's the guy
>>
>>965303
>impothencia
He is Swedish so you may be right
>>
>>965303
Yeah, that guy. i was watching various people vids, and i liked the colour palette trick he did, the character designs were simple and i thought i might as well follow along.
My kids saw the polymesh of the belly and said "is that a ninja turtle" and i saw the head shape and thought "why not". Was a fan as a kid, and duplicating the 4 was simple stuff.
Have been messing with different body shapes using the same ideas, and have visualised ways to make other things like weapons etc.
Been working a lot this week so only get an hour or so to model.
Next week i have a few days free and will be trying some basic animation stuff with these models, and then make some other low poly stuff, like mortal kombat ninjas maybe. Stuff i used to draw as a kid seems good to use as practice for this 3d stuff, as i have the lines ingrained in my hand eye coordination.
>>
File: k0_bGb.png (40 KB, 428x374)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>965378
>the colour palette trick he did
My personal style is semi-related. I also have a texture palette, but instead of just unwrapping faces onto different colours I use gradients instead.

It's a lot of like vertex painting, but with custom colour fall-offs and other tricks.

You can also add more geometry for details, since the relatively low poly count is still better than larger textures.
t. amateur game dev
>>
>>965380
Nice tone on the wings.
If you could post any vid links explaining more about textures and colouring tricks i would be most grateful. Cheers
>>
File: D5pGOa.png (82 KB, 949x333)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>965382
The image i posted is actually from an asset pack I made for people who want to learn the style (people asked me how I make these before)

https://webcough.itch.io/asset-pack-jam-part-1

It's not a tutorial, but it lets you examine different models i made and textures like that. I also provide a .kra file if you want to edit/examine the gradient texture in krita.

pic related Suzanne monkey heads use the same texture image, no lights.
>>
>>965378
He has a really specific style, I only saw a few videos of him, so I didn't remember his name properly.
>>965380
Nice anon!

I also use something similar to imphenzia when I texture, but my color pallet is more reduced and has metal roughnesses on it
>>
File: 20231125_174854.jpg (3 MB, 4080x3060)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
>>965384
Thanks, i actually dloaded krita few days ago and my eldest kid wanted a go and took to it, so was teaching infants 2d art and stylus all of a sudden. They want to try the 3d but they said its too tricky, but took to krita really fast.
>>
>>965420
If you want kids to get into 3d, a software like magica voxel is probably better.
https://youtu.be/gND2_m4Kx3I
>>
>>965439
Thanks lad
>>
>>965441
your welcome.
Here's an idea: have your kids make something in magica voxel, and then export it into blender, clean it up and rig it. I bet your kids are gonna be happy to see what they made move.
>>
>>965442
That's a great idea.
Get some free time this wed-fri to make more stuff.
>>
>>964180
looks like Jocko
>>
>>965739
he's cute
>>
Currently toying with room interiors, lighting and various tools.
>>
>>966197
is that a dildo on the desk?
>>
>>964191
Explain
>>
>>966515
>>966650
is that for a game? Are they optimised?
>>
File: screenshot.png (355 KB, 733x696)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>964173
when you nut but she keeps on sucking
>>
File: 1699895254241713.png (414 KB, 498x522)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
Impressive works!
>>966405
I'm glad you've found joy in the hobby. Between all the baitposting and the software wars, at least somebody's enjoying their time out there.
>>
>>966825
Really gorgeous candles. How did you do the flame?
>>
>>970006
They look British. The only thing missing is the 50 inch TV in the 2 by 3 room at the front.
>>
seems like you're having a lot of fun learning, gj bro

>>966650
my favorite. i love little game assets like these
>>
File: file.png (624 KB, 1920x1035)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
ive also started fairly recently
this is my first blend after le doughnut
>>
>>972258
Nice, what are all the extra brush tools?
Is it an add on you need to activate?
>>
>>972258
How did you learn to do this anon? I've been trying to learn sculpting for a few days and I can't sculpt an eye or a mouth to save my life
>>
>>972444
I think having years of drawing experience has helped me, especially anatomy-wise.
This guy has great sculpting videos, try to copy the tools he uses, his motions etc:
https://youtu.be/aDxlFuwPf90
>>
>>972483
This guy is amazing, 100% recommended.
>>
>>973327
there is amateur game development general on /vg/ you might be interested in. If your plan is to make 3d games, then I think it would be better for you to start learning by already making simple 3d projects.
and yes, seeing your characters move by pressing keys is amazing.
>>
>>964303
now make pregnant
>>
File: 1661537594799551.jpg (97 KB, 956x903)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>973523
>>
Needing some inspiration
>>
>>975490
does the image above not do it for you?
>>
>>976424
that's a lot of buzzwords in one post
>>
>>976424
Probably you need to stop talking with women and start working on your 3d skills, because that shit sucks anon
>>
>>976720
Proud of you anon
>>
I love everything about your work. Don't loose your creative spirit. Don't take the artstation pill. I was like you in 2003
>>
>>976783
Cheers, never even heard of it.
just enjoy sitting listening to podcasts with a cup of tea, lightly stoned and going down the autism hole of creation for a week until i burn out and take a few days away from it.
>>
>>965420
Krista is fun. A little-known secret is that it can have the same color management Blender and compositors use, and as a result, you can use it to make HDRIs
>>
Some ban evading rule 1 breaking peado reported me and got me banned for wishing death on the nonce, so dunno if those posts will return once it expires or not.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.