[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: naito1.jpg (246 KB, 664x373)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>Grow up watching WWE only, think Shawn is the GOAT
>Become a hardcore New Japan fag
>Now his matches seem really boring & formulaic
>>
you finally grew out of that
>Japan wrestling is just better because....Japan
phase.

most of these NJPW people have zero character and have long matches for no reason.
>>
Because it's true. WWE's house style is insanely formulaic. Doesn't mean it doesn't produce good matches or that Shawn didn't have some of the best matches ever, though. It's just something you have to be aware of.

>>12969347
I think you should read his post again.
>>
>>12969365
No i'm adding on to his post. People grow up WWE fans, then many of us have that "oh shit Japan" phase, then there's that phase after that where you realize puro is not really that good. You realize you wants storylines and characters and just watching random matches gets old.
>>
>>12969392
NJPW is a huge step up from WWE, however AEW is the bridge between NJPW style wrestling & great storylines.
>>
>>12969419
NJPW is not a step up. Sorry. We need to kill this notion that "Its just better...japan". It's not better, different, but not better. Most NJPW people come to the West and flop, and not just in WWE. And you can't just blame it on fans, because we're talking millions of fans thinking these people are basic.
>>
>>12969501
NJPW is 100% a step up from WWE you fucking e-drone. NJPW "not having characters or storylines" is a myth spouted by dronies who have never even watched NJPW but think shit like the Fiend is the pinnacle of wrestling
>>
>>12969512
>LE EPICU JAPANESU CHARACTER. HE PRETENDS TO SPEAK SPANISH
Have sex
>>
>>12969392
>You realize you wants storylines and characters and just watching random matches gets old.
Spoken like someone who doesn't watch Japanese wrestling
>>
>>12969392
>You realize you wants storylines and characters and just watching random matches gets old.
you don't watch jay white
>>
>>12969512
>>12969527
Just don't give him any attention.
>>
>>12969530
fuck i meant to say NJPW but I'm watching the press conference and they just said jay white
>>
>>12969342
Shawn's not great or anything but he's alright. Pretty entertaining during different parts of his career.
>>
>>12969530
50/50 booking is not a fucking storyline.
>omg okada naito 3!...great booking by gedo
>>
>>12969546
He's the greatest star WWE has created homegrown, but as Angle, Bret & Lesnar proved, none of the WWE original guys could succeed in Japan. Yeah you have Chris Jericho & Hulk Hogan but they wrestled in Japan before coming to WWE.
>>
>>12969342
I sort of get what you mean, but this happened to me with New Japan... I used to like Kenny and Okada, but quickly during 2019 it got to the point I didn't get why bith of them were supposed to be so great. Kenny only did big moves, and Okada's matches went almost all the fucking formulaic same. I started liking other New Japan guys more, but ignored more others... maybe it's just a hype thing before we find what we really like out of wrestling in general?
>>
>>12969347 >>12969501 >>12969392
Does the "e" in e-drone stand for embarrassment?

>>12969565
That literally wasn't 50/50
>>
hbk carried shitters to ***** matches tho

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.