[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What went wrong?
>>
Literally nothing. He's still good as fuck and is booked well. Honestly invested in his story the most out of everything going on
>>
@12961896
Kill yourself, Khan shill.
>>
>>12961897
Nah, how about you kill yourself
>>
>>12961889
I wanna suck his big fat cowboy cock
t. cute girl
>>
>>12961897
Go back
>>
File: basedretard.jpg (11 KB, 400x400)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>invested in his story the most out of everything going on
>invested in his story
>invested
>>
>>12961955
What do you think is going wrong anon?
>>
>>12961966
investing (your emotions? lmfao) in fake fighting
>>
3 "Hangman gets manipulated by obviously bad people because he's a retard" storylines in a row have killed his momentum
>>
>>12961889
Unironically nothing
>>
>>12961889
They made him into a complete loser, so AEW fans should be able to relate to him more.
>>
@12961903
@12961936
Get worked ya ding-dong diddly neckbeards :^)
>>
>>12961987
Hangman outsmarted matt though
>>
>>12961897
Go back. Also, read the FAQs.
>>
File: kek.jpg (27 KB, 583x616)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>12962020
>@12961903
>@12961936
>Get worked ya ding-dong diddly neckbeards :^)
>>
>>12961889
Literally nothing. He's been going through his trials and tribulations for a year now. He's recognized who wants to take advantage of him (FTR and Matt Hardy) and who he can count on when he's down, his friends in low places (Dark Order). He's still booked strong and I fully expect he will be the one to take the strap off of Kenny before the year is out.
I'm also a sucker for slow burn, well booked, logical storylines.
>>
>>12961889
if this guy is a "bad ass cowboy" why the fuck is he wearing a kung flu mask? The Bucks are more men than him at this point
>>
>>12961981
Isn't that the goal of a story? To grab your attention and keep you invested in what's going on? I don't understand your point anon /:
>>
File: 78849-1528719973-800.jpg (75 KB, 800x533)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>12962090
he always wore masks/bandanas
>>
>>12961889
Boring shitter.
>>
I like him but the fact that he's not actively feuding with Kenny has pretty much put him on the backburner. AEW has a really bad habit of losing track of secondary stories or just failing to keep them interesting.

I liked the Page/Omega stuff but right now it just seems like they're waiting for the next step of that and everything in between doesn't matter at all. It's like a filler arc or something, totally uninteresting to me because you know where it ends up. Only Tanahashi mentoring him could save this.
>>
@12962045
Why is it so easy to work aspies nowadays? This board really is dead :(
>>
>>12961889
He's a second rate Curt Stallion.
>>
The last good cowboy gimmick was the Blackjacks, and this loser isn’t half the man JBL is.
>>
>>12962126
Yeah they should ship him off to Japan since they're using Bullet Club guys now. Fair trade.
>>
File: p07gqr78.jpg (25 KB, 704x396)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>Why is it so easy to work aspies nowadays? This board really is dead :(
>>
File: dark_order_ten.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
>>12961889
He didn't ride Ten.
>>
>>12961889
I’m appalled that they aired that segment last night on Dynamite in which they implied that Matt Hardy date raped Adam Page.
>>
>>12961889
Brodie dying, we could have had absolute lariat kino on the next PPV but it is what it is, I enjoy Carny Matt Hardy so I don't mind him as a replacement, I hope he brings Page over to Impact so we can get Hangman vs. James Storm
>>
>>12962126
Nah his current arc is trying to find peace with himself and finally finding friends again.
After that he will finally be able to fight Kenny. Theres no villain here but still important chapter
>>
>>12962208
>After that he will finally be able to fight Kenny. Theres no villain here but still important chapter
Hey, if you like it, you like. I think it's boring shit myself. Hangman is a good wrestler and I'd rather see him having meaningful wrestling matches than shitty vignettes like this.
>>
>>12962201
>I hope he brings Page over to Impact so we can get Hangman vs. James Storm

>Not wanting Hangman vs Joe Doering in a lariat battle for custody of Stan Hansen's soul.
>>
>>12962213
Yeah it's been boring for like a year now but they commited to it and don't want to change course, so hopefully it ends soon.
>>
>>12962213
Well not everyone can like it. But thats what I like about AEW.
Actual character development instead of two guys splitting and half a year later one of them suddenly comes to help the other one in a beatdown and the announcer shout
>WOW ITS BEEN HALF A YEAR BUT NOW THEY ARE FRIENDS AGAIN!
>>
>>12962073
/thread
>>
>>12962104
>this one loser who pops up in every Hangman thread to call him a boring shitter
SAD
>>
>>12962245
True, but they need someone to smooth out the edges on some of these storylines, like Matt just suddenly changing character like three times, then suddenly jumping right to clearly scamming people, etc... Could be a great storyline if they did something like have Matt working with Private Party and talking to Adam, but don't let the audience see that he is trying to screw them, have things go smoothly at first, then raise doubt, and have pissed off and question him, have him somehow reassure everyone and prove himself to the extent that even the viewers believe Matt is the good guy, then have him screw them and reveal he tricked everyone. Would be pretty sweet. Inner Circle Sammy stuff I feel like if it was more fine tuned would be great as well but they made it obvious. I guess that's the style they're going for though.
>>
nothing

theyre clearly intending for him to be the man to eventually take down kenneth omegeth after his 2 year long reign of terror across every promotion in the world (except wwe)...

...but only when fans come back. this matt hardy story is just a diversion and a bit of a filler arc until then. the pop when hangman realizes who his real friends are (the dark order) and his own self worth (apart from kenny) will be massive.
>>
>>12962307
Yeah thats true I guess. They are usually based with the Hangman stories but this one could use some fine tuning.
My guess is they don't want to make it too complicated since I hear people complaining that too much is not explained. Either that or they don't have enough time and need a match for Revolution fast
>>
>>12962307
>Matt just suddenly changing character like three times, then suddenly jumping right to clearly scamming people, etc...
He literally stated that he was dropping the Broken Matt thing until crowds are fully back. After trying a couple of gimmicks, he invented sort of a spinoff of Big Money Matt which is Big Carny Agent Matt, which really seems to be getting over. Yeah, getting from point A to point B had some bumps in the road.

>Inner Circle Sammy stuff I feel like if it was more fine tuned would be great as well but they made it obvious.
I actually like the booking of this. Jericho brought in MJF and Wardlow and almost from the very beginning, Sammy's been trying to get Jericho to wake up to what MJF has been doing, finally reaching a point 2 months ago where Sammy said, one more incident and I'm gone. Meanwhile, MJF has been winning over every individual member of Inner Circle except Sammy and has been actively trying to screw him over. This has put a ton of focus on Sammy as a character and has been getting him even more over. Finally last night, Sammy caught MJF red-handed actively trying to screw him. He also did what he said he would, and left. On a previous Dynamite, Jericho mentioned to MJF that they all watch the show, meaning they will see exactly what happened in the locker room. It's actually good storytelling.
>>
I think one of the issues with the smoothness Hangman's storyline is that some fairly important parts have happened on BTE, and if you've missed them or don't watch it at all, it can definitely seem confusing. Contrast that with the Inner Circle, which has told its story almost exclusively on Dynamite, which makes it a lot easier to connect all the dots together.
>>
>>12961889
That's the same bottle of jack used in Ambrose's gay photo lol
>>
Brodie fucking dying probably derailed where things were headed with the Dark Order storyline. Unsure where the Matt Hardy contract swap will go.
>>
>>12961889
"The Anxious Millennial Cowboy" is the gayest fucking nickname in the history of our sport.
>>
They want him to dethrone Omega eventually, but by the time they get around to doing it, there's a decent chance nobody will care.
>>
>>12962385
>He literally stated that he was dropping the Broken Matt thing until crowds are fully back. After trying a couple of gimmicks, he invented sort of a spinoff of Big Money Matt which is Big Carny Agent Matt, which really seems to be getting over. Yeah, getting from point A to point B had some bumps in the road.

Cool. I have to fucking pay attention to Matt Hardy shoots to understand what is happening on this TNT wrestling show.
>>
>>12963201
>Matt Hardy contract swap will go.
Matt Hardy is given custody of The Dark Order. Broken Matt persona returns and the original plan for the Dark Order comes to fruition.
>>
>>12963220
He said this shit on Dynamite you autistic cunt.
>>
File: Original Hangman.jpg (52 KB, 440x543)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>12962098
When are we going to get Page vs Gallows for the "Hangman" moniker?!
>>
>>12962353
Yeah true, I never had a problem understanding shit but I also come here so I guess I hear about everything anyway.
>>12962385
True, maybe I just would prefer the Inner Circle storyline to be a bit more subtle.
>>12962592
Yeah I don't watch BTE.
>>
>>12963229
and most casuals didn't watch that episode retard
>>
>>12963262
>Yeah I don't watch BTE.
Typically you wouldn't have to because 95% of what happens there is not canon to the show. I think because Brodie Lee died and Dark Order really got themselves over on that show, they took a lot from those particular segments on BTE and made them canon for the show.
>>
>>12963201
Lol, I never even considered that, guess because the storyline was with the little guy and his buddy more so than the other Dark Order members.
>>
>>12963284
I was waiting for Brodie to come back and ask what the FUCK they were doing hanging out with Hangman all the time. We got a couple teases about them feuding and in the limited time they were in the ring together for tag stuff it seemed like it was going to be dimes. Fucking blows.
>>
>>12961889
I’m a badass cowboy
>scared of memeflu
>wears cuckmuzzle
>sucks criminal dick
I wonder where it “all went wrong”
>>
>>12961889
Him and Otis are the biggest losers in wrestling during the Pandemic. Both were really crowd driven with how over they are and since that isnt a thing right now they're in no mans land. However, Page is in a much better spot to rebound then Otis. Pretty sure Otis is toast when it comes to being that over again.
>>
>>12963296
Brodie went ballistic on them when Hangman told them when he was depressed, he filled out an application on joindarkorder.com and never heard back from them. Whichever one of them who was supposed to be running the website dropped the ball and missed it.
>>
>>12963262
I only started watching BTE like 3 weeks ago because the opening segments the last few episodes have Gallows and Anderson treating it like a Talk n' Shop episode and the shit gets me rolling. But Anna Jay cut a short but decent promo on Page last week, its really something we should have got on TV.
>>
File: fuck_a_buck.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080)
384 KB
384 KB JPG
>>12963336
>Gallows and Anderson treating it like a Talk n' Shop episode
That shit has been funny.
>>
>>12962093
Goddamn it you are such a faggot.
>>
File: 61842tyvP+L._AC_UL1500_.jpg (57 KB, 1222x1500)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Nothing you dipshit...when you sell this shirt you are dimes
>pic related
>>
>>12961889
he has Revival/Benoit's short limbs while being 6'0, he looks hilarious when he comes out in his gear
>>
>>12963346
the good brothers are national treasures
>>
>>12961889
nothing went wrong
>>
>>12963222
no one wants broken matt for the dark order since they've gone from edgelords (their debut) to being essentially the most over babyface team on the roster who do comedy sketches, matt wouldn't fit in at all anymore
>>
Nothing. He's basically going to be the key component to Dark Order's rebranding.
>>
>>12962189
>you'll never do coke with 10
why live
>>
>>12962126
you make good point
>>
>>12962073
Based and truthpilled
>>
>>12961903
>>12961936
>>12962041
Go back
>>
He’s an embarrassing cuck faggot on twitter

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.