[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1463689985971.png (508 KB, 960x878)
508 KB
508 KB PNG
AEW needs to dumb down a bit. The mainstream audience isn't smart enough to follow what's going on.
>>
>>12958757
Interesting point of view, though I must say that I agree completely.
>>
>>12958757
You should be gassed
>>
>>12958757
Out of every opinion I've ever heard this is definitely one of them.
>>
>>12958757
This is what destroyed WWE. Don't treat your audience like idiots and stop with 5 seconds camera cuts, it will attract the lowest common denominator and makes wrestling uncool
>>
>>12958757
People don't like want to be treated like they are fools.
>>
>>12958886
um... *shuffles papers*
>>
>>12958757
Who? Mainstream audience? E-drones?

They're not even smart enough to stop watching a company that hasn't been good in 20 years.
>>
>>12958887
I'm sorry anon. I've been up for over 24 hours.

People don't like being treated like they are fools.
>>
>>12958900
According to these quarter hours the demo does in fact want to be treated like the drooling simps they are
>>
>>12958913
They will learn. Or not.
>>
>>12958917
Out of all the possibilities I will say those are two
>>
Normies don’t spend enough money on XXL t shirts. Wrestling and corporations as a whole have decided they are better off targeting micro groups of hyper consumers, and you don’t get more of a hyper consumer than the obese and childless. Why do you think there is such a big push for the single women, and le gays by big business? Because they are the easiest to part with their disposable income.
>>
>>12958757
The forbidden door is now opened.
>>
>>12958927
I don't think AEW should change very much of what they are doing just to try and pull in brain dead people who don't give a shit about wrestling one way or the other.

It's like how comics/video games/DnD etc are appealing to "those" people. Those people will never buy a comic, the video game, or play a DnD campaign so why even bother?
>>
>>12958937
So which are you anon? Obese or childless?
>>
>>12958942
It's funny you bring up D&D. I just read they're being celebrated for releasing their first-ever wheelchair accessible dungeon. I shot you not and I wish I was exaggerating for effect.
>>
>>12958937
>2XL is obese

kek what a scrawny manlet
>>
>>12958997
I know right? I doubt any DnD player who is wheel-chair bound by a cruel twist of life, wants to fucking roleplay a character that is bound in a wheel chair. No.

They want to be a giant goliath barbarian who rips people apart and takes no shit. They wanna be a beautiful elf paladin who saves the needy and helps the poor. They want to be a swift and trickfilled Tabaxi monk or some shit.
>>
>>12958942
100%
>>
>>12959014
It's for the chemically imbalanced blue hairs who want to be able to feel oppressed but are so grossly over-privileged in real life that they have to invent fantasy microaggressions
>>
>>12958757
>The mainstream audience isn't smart enough to follow what's going on.
No it's just that they don't care.
>>
>>12959027
Indeed. Look at female characters in video games.

"Oh no! Tabitha flashed her big fucking ass for no other reason than to have a little sex appeal! Reeee!"

Oh yeah? That's bad eh? Why don't you focus on Malika in Iran whose going to get her ass kicked around the house for not wearing her bee keeper suit.
>>
This has to be a work nigga. Tell me this is a work.
>>
>>12959041
and don't forget about penis envy, that's not just a funny joke that has somehow been recognized for thousands of years all over the world.
It still makes me laugh that that cyberpunk video game people have been waiting decades for and was supposed to help usher in a new progressive world had stuff like choosing your dick size like it matters to anyone in the world besides the person taking the dick.
>>
>>12958956
Childless. But I was a normie until I got a brain injury, so I’ve at least had lots of sex.
>>
>>12959069
I hope it's a work too. OP better not be shooting!

>>12959072
I was going to get Cyberpunk and then I saw gameplay after it was released and.. no.
>>
>>12958757
It's not about being smart it's about not being interesting enough to watch every segment in detail and every BTE inside joke and every tweet feud.
>>
>>12959069
Bruh, don't you know AEW is one of the most sophisticated shows on TV?
>>
>>12958859
Huh what do you mean
>>
>>12958757
>mainstream
>2021
Choose one.
But yeah a couple of video packages explaining or showing some stuff would be based. I guess they don't have enough time for that
>>
File: 1578925952050.png (439 KB, 680x510)
439 KB
439 KB PNG
>>12958757
>>
>>12958942
yeah i agree with you on that
>>
>>12958913
nobody with any amount of intelligence watches wrestling anyway. exception being autists looking for escapist entertainment
>>
>>12958850
This honestly
>>
>>12958757
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand All Elite Wrestling. The melodrama is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of interpretive dance most of the performances will go over a typical viewer's head. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these gimmicks, to realize that they're not just entertaining- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike All Elite Wrestling truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in the existencial catchphrase "A Little Bit of the Bubbly," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Tony Khan's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes by the way, I DO have an AEW tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>the NJPW deal is going to be the Plebb filter
Based
>>
But it's already near WWE-tier dumbed down as is
>>
>>12958757
No they do not. Treating their audience like windowlickers is part of why people don't watch WWE anymore.
>>
>>12958757
Yeah, those shindie 100000000000 flips per 2 seconds are too high IQ
>>
>>12958757
Just hire vince russo, bro.
>>
>>12963058
yet WWE gets 10x the views of AEW
>>
>>12958757
>dumb smark thinks he's actually smart
A tale as old as time itself. More like casual TV watchers are not dumb enough to watch AEW

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.