[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: njpw-fan.png (192 KB, 586x541)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
are the japanese fans turning on NJPW?
>>
>>12957611
What is happening in New Japan?
>>
>>12957611
I hope not. AEW edited together a pretty good match with Kenta, Kenny, Archer, and Mox. I hope the Japanese fans enjoyed it even if it isn't necessarily what they are used to.
>>
>>12957634
They’ve been pretty average over the last year.
>>
In terms of booking and atmosphere, NJPW's been pretty fucking bad for almost a full year now. Maybe they've fixed the booking a bit, but they can't really do anything about the atmosphere.
>>
>>12957611
Yes nobody wants to be associated with AEW
>>
>>12957611
they loved death rider and shooters bromance
>>
>>12957634
Guerrillas vs Zack & Taichi yesterday was something Vince Russo would come up with given 30 minutes match.
Ibushi is zero dimes gonna face 1 dime Sanada for the belt.
>>
>>12957640
I've never watched New Japan.
>>
>>12957656
Keep seething about GOD vs tekkers
the crowd loved it and iron fingers trended on Twitter
>>
>>12957656
>Something Vince Russo would come up with
So it's probably shit unless someone is there to guide him in that 30 minutes
>>
>>12957676
>Implying trending on twitter is always a good thing
>>
Nips are loving this Dynamite main event. They're even going to put it on world tomorrow.
>>
>>12957611
no.
the only thing people have been mad at njpw about is EVIL winning the belt and that's only the western fans
EVILs merch in Japan has been the best selling thing in njpw.
>>
>>12957611
Oh no no no no nujaplets, even your own fans are making the switch
>>
>>12957730
They said they were gonna put it on world last week.
normally if a njpw talent works another promotion they put the match on world
they have a nice collection of rev pro matches on the world
this is nothing special.
>>
MOX looks badass with the belt btw. just keep it on him instead of kenta winning it
>>
>>12957676
it trended for being a fucking terrible angle
>>
>>12957763
mox keeping it would be real bad
unless the end goal is jay vs kenny 2
kenta has defended it 8 times and it would feel like a waste of time
>>
>>12957768
It depends on which way the belt's going. If NJPW is willing to allow defenses on AEW it could be the catalyst for Omega vs Mox at Revolution where both put their belt on the line.
>>
They put their title on a fucking DDT guy, again.
>>
>>12957802
Kenta has had the briefcase for like 8 months
to have him lose would make everything feel like a waste of time.
No one else on strong is even a midcarder other than Jay whos not leaving japan anytime soon to shoot more strong
>>
>>12957824
Kenta losing to Mox doesn't mean the story's over you know. If anything if covid means Kenta ends up being able to travel less we may see a lot of Kenta on AEW and Strong.
>>
>>12957811
DDT is the best promotion in Japan then
>>
>>12957611
yes, cause ibushi sucks
>>
>>12957824
it depends on the goal really, if they want westerners to watch NJPW strong mox is obviously the way to go, if that isn't their goal and they just want to get the belt back, KENTA is gonna win
>>
>>12957768
>mox keeping it would be real bad
If there's a full blown partnership coming, then maybe NJPW letting AEW hold onto the belt is a best thing to build on. And on Tony's end, his promotion gets to have a US Heavyweight title to trade around while Kenny holds the big belt all year.
>>
>>12957656
I saw a lot of people enjoying the finish of that match and they were into the match throughout
>>
>>12957863
>his promotion gets to have a US Heavyweight title to trade around
NJPW won't let moxly drop it to a non-NJPW guy
So unless Jays showing up and he's on posters for the next 4 months
>>
>>12957637
I'd be curious to see the Japanese view of it overall, especially since for many of them it's probably the first time they've seen Kenny or Lance since they left NJPW.
>>
>>12957879
I'm saying that if there's a partnership, it's going to be fine to let the belt stay in AEW for the duration. Remember that Khan is a WCW mark and making an IWGP belt their #2 title could be taken as a show of respect. Doesn't matter who Moxley drops it to, as long as the Kenta match finally happens.
You damn well know NJPW aren't gonna run shows in the US themselves for a long time yet.
>>
For some japanese fans american wrestling is something hip and cool. Just like some of you don`t watch WWE and watch NJPW instead
>>
>>12957611
Wtf is going on bros?
>>
No, its smarks that pretend they will watch NOAH because Gedo makes them pissed with interferences and such.

>>12958051
They would watch WWE and not All Petite
>>
>>12957634
it's been kinda flat since COVID despite the occasional great match and some big heel turns
>>
>>12957611
It's a solid show. The partnership with AEW is going to cost them though. No-one wants to see Youtube tier backyard shitters and the Elite taking center stage again.
>>
>>12957718
that is not remotely true though
>>
isnt NJPW mainly just singles matches with an occasional tag team? do they have any gimmick matches at all?
>>
>>12957611
I don't watch much NJPW but from what I've heard the past year or so apparently had horrible booking.
Can anyone confirm or explain?
>>
>>12960773
They recently had a no DQ match, a long match that ended in a DQ, elimination tag matches, a four way match, the battle royale at WK, a submission match. Also tag team matches happened way more often than singles matches, those are reserved as a special attraction.
>>
>>12960773
Tanahashi and Murakami had an Indiscriminate Class Battle Wire Net Deathmatch, Juice vs Moxley was no dq, Suzuki had lumberjack and bullrope matches with Yano, Okada just had a 1v3 handicap match and a fatal 4 way, Tenzan and Ilzuka had a DEEP SLEEP TO LOSE match, RVD and Yano had a hardcore match, Inoki had a 2 hour long Island death match and a jungle death match, Great Muta had a No Rope Explosive Barbed Wire Barricade Explosive Land Mine Double Hell Deathmatch, Brock won the IWGP title in a 3 way match, Tanahashi and Devitt had a lumberjack death match, Yano and Tanahashi had a hair vs hair match, Chono Tenzan and Choshu had a "Dog Fight" match, Omega and Elgin had a ladder match.
>>
>>12957642
You’re a fucking moron
>>
>>12960782
Its just petites trying to hype up their outlaw bingo hall show, the only bad booking that is going on is related with interferences being too numerous.
>>
>>12957642
very true
>>
>>12960810
stop listening to cucknette
>>
>>12957611
>Japanese Twitter smarks
>>
>>12960773
It's the opposite actually, a lot of tag team matches, just like AEW, and they save the single matches for the big events.
>>
>>12957611
Wow japanese fans are vocal about the new japan and they are not happy.
>>
>>12957730
It was a good main event. Made sitting through the rest of the show worth while
>>
>>12960773
total opposite, mostly tag matches and singles are colossal main events
>>
>>12957644
did you even look at the image before posting this bait
>>
>>12960782
its not horrible it's just EVILs push and world title run was not received well by western fans and that's what most people point 2 but the nips loved it and he was the top merch seller last year in japan
Coivd hurt when they lost all the foreigners since that was Kenta, Jay, ELP, and GOD who were the top 2 singles heels, jr heel, and heel tag team.
and since they lost like 5 months and didn't run shows some stories felt a bit more rushed than normally or dragged out to get everyone where they needed to be by wrestle kingdom for a fresh reset
the only retared thing they did was give ibushi his wk match when he lost the contract to Jay and the excuses they gave was "jay cheated" since they literally had like no time left
>>
>>12960773
how can someone be this retarded?
>>
>>12957634
Nothing really
>>
>>12960964
Thanks anon. Most bad things I've heard were regarding the Bullet Club I think so that makes sense
>>
Honestly, I get it. After losing so many main eventers, what are NJPW left with? Exposed Okada, over the hill Tanahashi and Naito who is still living in perpetual irrelevancy. Then you have some impressive talents like Jay, but even he is doing nothing of note. This partnership is going to help them a lot, especially if Kenny is willing to restart his rivalry with Okada and put over Ibushi.
>>
>>12960964
EVIL reign really wasn't that bad, the worst things that NJPW did in regards to their booking just happened yesterday, why would you book a 30 minute tag match and end it with a DQ?

>>12961042
They didn't lose anyone of value petite, they have never had a better roster than right now, not having a gaijin infestation like back then helps.
>>
reminder NJPW attendance keeps going up so normies love it
wwe and aew attendance was going down before covid
>>
>>12961049
because the iron fingers make you go crazy
that's been a gimmick for 10 years with multiple wrestlers
>>
>>12961049
>They didn't lose anyone of value petite
Stop trying to act like a tsundere. Even though i'm not a particular fan of AEW, the depature of the Elite, combined with AJ Styles and the Good Brothers left NJPW in the dust as a promotion. And that should be obvious to anyone not completely brainwashed.
>>
>>12961062
30 minute wasted because of a gimmick is still 30 minute wasted, its bad booking period. Want to have a DQ finish? Have the match last 15 minutes and then we can agree that it wasn't bad.

>>12961063
Petite, those gaijins are all replaceable, only japanese talent really matters. White/Ospreay is better than what they had in the past easily.
>>
>>12961042
>NJPW biggest show since aew 40'000
>aew biggest show 14'000
lmao
>>
>>12961076
AEW will never draw more than 10k again even if they give away free tickets, that's just the american business going down the drain and not just their shitty show.
>>
>>12961075
Name me one amazing thing that happened in NJPW this past year or two. Something that actually hit the wrestling mainstream like Okada vs Omega or Jericho and Naito. I'm waiting.
>>12961076
Different business model. NJPW relies on audience events, AEW relies on television ratings.
>>
>>12961086
don't be a retard, WWE and AEW are both going to do crazy attendance when the pandemic is over.
>>
>>12961097
>Name me one amazing thing that happened in NJPW this past year or two

The Elite leaving
Okada vs Naito and WK 14 in general
Evil's shock victory
WK15 was excellent too
Moxley being overhyped by amerismarks like you

>>12961106
LMAO
>>
>>12961109
Literally none of these examples hit any notes, objectively speaking, except Moxley's debut, but even that is not related to NJPW because Moxley is AEW's star. And the Elite leaving, but that ws more of a bad shock, not "hey, NJPW is fucking great".

I'm sorry but by every metric possible, NJPW has become completely irrelevant these past 2 years, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>12961128
>Literally none of these examples hit any notes, objectively speaking, except Moxley's debut

Why are petites so easy to spot? The western audience is secondary to NJPW, AEW is still terrible and you only hype it because you hate WWE, deal with it.
>>
>>12959619
>They would watch WWE and
...and then turn the channel to AEW after nodding off
>>
>>12961150
No they would just stop watching, japanese westaboos just like most weaboos have a fascination exclusive to what is the most popular so it would be WWE.
>>
>>12961144
>Why are petites so easy to spot?
As I said, I'm not a fan of AEW.
>The western audience is secondary to NJPW
It's really not. Japan is a limited market which they are close to hitting already.
>AEW is still terrible
I'm not saying it's good, I'm saying that NJPW lost a lot of its relevancy post-Elite withdrawal and that's a fact. Whether you want to admit it or not is something else entirely.
>>
>>12961128
>but that ws more of a bad shock, not "hey, NJPW is fucking great"

That's the reason i resumed watching NJPW kek
>>
>>12961177
>It's really not. Japan is a limited market which they are close to hitting already.

That's also where the big majority of the money comes from and by far the primary audience

>>12961177
NJPW is at its popularity peak right now, no use getting around facts. You smarks think the world revolves around you when you are literally the bingo hall of wrestling audiences, you don't matter even if you pay because the focus is the casual
>>
>>12961162
>Popular
Yeah, like that means a damn thing, what matters is the matches and the E is shit at booking good matches
>>
>>12961235
source: my ass
>>
>>12961246
source: every program they have airing on tv
It's shit, boomer, deal with it
>>
>>12957611
This is just Japanese Smarks talk and not the majority but they are right for the most part. Aside from the NEVER strap, this feud shits all over the other current feuds in NJPW.
>>
File: 1602260957433.jpg (34 KB, 625x415)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
Can they just fucking split the IC title from the IWGP title already?
I'm tired of "OMG DOUBLE CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE" they need another singles title scene that isn't the Never title that no one cares about anymore or the U.S title that exists to prop up Gaijin
>>
File: e-drone.png (646 KB, 533x589)
646 KB
646 KB PNG
>They would watch WWE and not All Petite
>No they would just stop watching, japanese westaboos just like most weaboos have a fascination exclusive to what is the most popular so it would be WWE.
>>
>>12962033
Naito challenged Ibushi for the IC strap today, they're gonna split them.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.