[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Jeff_Hardy.png (133 KB, 316x390)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
What made him such a draw compared to other small guys?
>>
By not being a small guy
>>
>>12947171
Drugs
Drugs unlock all the pussy and it's not even a joke
Cocaine unlocks the 10/10s
>>
>>12947174
Small as in umimpressive physique and always positioned as an underdog.
>>
>>12947171
I had that green armband
>>
>>12947171
Drugs made him a draw in wrestling?
>>
meth
>>
>>12947171
he is handsome, did drugs, had a unique style and did "dangerous" self-sacrificing moves (as opposed to choreographed circus flips, there is a very big difference)
>>
Fat girls really wanna fuck him
>>
>>12947171
Revolutionary in ring style. AE WWF didn’t exactly have a lot of guys doing Swanton Bombs and Suicide dives so he stood out big time.
>>
>>12947198
>e-Drones get worked this easily

Reminder that Angle was shorter than Benoit yet nobody ever called him a vanilla midget
>>
>>12947218
>as opposed to choreographed circus flips, there is a very big difference
Based zoom zoom. People complained about Jeff at the time
>>
>>12947231
because he wasn't vanilla, he had tons of charisma
>>
>>12947171
Handsome, artsy and alternative. Literally every teenage girl's dream.
>>
>>12947247
just smarks, not general TV audiences who loved Jeff Hardy
>>
>>12947174
He was considered light-heavyweight in the Attitude/Ruthless era.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q
this match, high spots at TLC 1,2,3 appeal to everybody, especially at the time and especially to kids. He's naturally charasmatic and handsome. Nowadays he's popular because of nostalgia but he fucked himself over before really making it big by being a degenerate drug user.
>>
File: jeff.png (181 KB, 315x275)
181 KB
181 KB PNG
He just has "it"
>>
>>12947171
Natural charisma. By his appearance alone you think it's an interesting dude. With this kind of charism you dont really need to be good on the mic, or innovate yourself to avoid the risk of being stale (Matt, while being much more creative, had to create new meme characters ever 3-4 to keep himself over)
>>
He was good looking and had a look that really meshed with the pop culture of the time. Punk/skater dude sort of look, which the chicks were really into. Also the high spots made him exciting to watch. A girl I knew didn't care much for the product overall but was infatuated with Jeff Hardy; made a whole fan site about him. Think it was just the look and style, because it's not as if he was good on the mic or anything.
>>
>>12947413
He got pretty decent on the mic in his later years, CM Punk feud onwards and especially in TNA despite being a drugged out mess otherwise.
>>
Jeff is legitimately 6 ft tall
>>
>>12947251
Reminder these are the same e-tards calling Eddie or Punk or Bryan "vanilla"
>>
Handsome trailer park juggalo drug addict is a recipe for dimes
>>
>>12947875
Keep telling yourself that bro
>>
>>12947247
Cringe
>>
>>12947171
People watched him for the same reason they watch motorcycle stunt riders or demolition derbies - to see him get wrecked. No one was marveling at his form during a ladder swanton, they all wanted to see him go splat.
>>
>>12947171
He knows when to time his drives and spots to actually make them meaningful. That, and chicks loved him.
>>
>>12947257
As opposed to anti-smarks now who are a minority of a minority within a minority?
>>
>zoomers pretending Jeff wasn't a fucking byword for spotmonkey in the 2000s
>>
File: Et2IQ5XXYAI4uTd.jpg (220 KB, 1421x1060)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Jeff Hardy as Willow in Battlarts (circa 1998)
>>
>>12948089
Matt helped him not go full spotmonkey. He apparently had to slow him the fuck down in their early days of tagging for WWF. Probably saved his career.
>>
>>12948108
I meant during his 2nd run in the latter half of the decade
>>
>>12948114
ah fuck i cant read
probably from putting bleach in my eyes after seeing all those batista pics

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.