[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Did he actually draw back then?
>>
Only against BMJ as a proto-Punk anti-establishment pick.
>>
I couldn't tell ya bud, I stopped watching WWF in 2001
>>
>>12939891
He was the biggest draw up until 2010 when he came back as a babyface and killed all of his heat
>>12939901
Cena never drew & failed to sell out most of his PPV's, Edge always sold out every main event unless HHH was involved in some way
>>
>>12939891
Only when he worked with draw likes: Cena, Batista and Taker
>>
>>12939924
>>12940060
these, he drew as the heel that worked with the dimes babyfaces

since his return he's just been riding the cheap feel-good old timer injury comeback pop contrasted with a roster completely devoid of any talent
>>
>>12940060
He elevated babyfaces who couldn't draw to a position where they could draw at a top level. As babyface he couldn't draw since he was booked so strong that everyone else looked weak
>>
>>12939891
Yes and he still is now despite some minor setbacks.
>>
>>12939891
no, they even had to advertise a live sex show to try and hotshot some ratings
>>
>>12940271
COPEland LOL
>>
>>12940271
>>12940321
History lesson for zoomers
>Edge was groomed all of 2002 to be the future face of the company
>During the year he would always get mega-pops to the point of Tazz & Cole nicknaming his fans "Edgeheads"
>During the legendary Edge Eddie No DQ match Edge broke his neck and had to leave the company
>This killed his push dead, and Cena ended up getting in his place due to nobody else being young enough to build around on Smackdown
>He returned at the 2004 Draft to a huge reaction
>Afterwards they decided to continue his mega-push from 2002
>This backfired since Triple H had already buried everyone fans liked on Raw, so they started to sour on Edge too
>First he beats a white hot Randy Orton at Vengeance, continuing the decline of his babyface popularity
>Then they booked him in a position to bury Chris Jericho at Summerslam
>Fans completely revolted against him by this point and booed him out of his hometown
>By Taboo Tuesday he was supposed to win the title from HHH clean since HBK needed Surgery
>Instead fans voted for Shawn, cementing the end of his babyface run
>This left Edge in purgatory, until the HBK feud in 2005 that he said save his single's career
>From this point until 2007 he was their biggest draw by a wide margin
>During Edge's mega push on Smackdown, he gets injured in a feud that looked like it was going to elevate Kane
>His drawing power declines, as the Batista Undertaker feud continues to light up the show
>Edge returns and has to slowly regain all of the momentum he had going for himself from 2004-2007
>By WM24 he recovers and is their biggest draw yet again
>At One Night Stand Edge beats Undertaker in TLC, supposedly banning him from WWE
>Triple H then decides to move to Smackdown & buries Edge clean at The Bash, killing the rest of his momentum and ending his run as a top draw
>Throughout the rest of 2008 Triple H buries Jeff Hardy, and has Edge take the pin at Armageddon burying him even more
>>
>>12940402
>Edge gets buried by Triple H yet again at the Elimintation Chamber
>WWE has to salvage this by having Edge win the other Championship from Cena
>Ratings spike huge on Raw at the potential of a Edge vs Cena WM match
>This gets ruined as Big Show is inserted into the feud which nobody fucking wanted
>Cena goes over yet again at Wrestlemania killing any hype for it dead
>By Backlash 2009 nobody gives a shit and assumes Cena will win yet again, making it Anti-Dimes
>Edge starts a feud with Jeff Hardy that draws well but not as well as it could have been due to the HHH burials in 2008
>Jericho Edge team up to dominate the tag division and potentially feud with DX
>Edge gets hurt and at this point has lost any drawing power he had left
>By the time he returns he's now top babyface and WWE repeats the same mistakes they did in 2004, turning him into a Anti-Draw.
>>
>>12939891
Yes.
>>
>>12939891
Lita's titties were the draw.
>>
>>12939891
He wasn't a draw, it's revisionist to suggest that he is. He would typically get thrown in with actual draws like cena, jeff, etc. At best his drawing power was limited to >>12940654
>>
>>12939891
Litas tits did, not edge
>>
>>12939891
Lita was the draw. Never Cope Land.
>>
>>12940654
>>12940921
>>12940933
>>12940947
Christian headcanon
>>
He was, objectively, a draw, but not anymore.
Sad, since i'm a big fan of his
>>
>>12940060
The drawing power of Cena and Taker can be debated. Batista though? Nobody considers him a draw at all.
>>
>>12939891
Lita and Vickie were the draw.
>>
>>12940112
So much this
>>
>>12939891
I didn't give two shits about Edge until he got Metalingus as an entrance. Theme music is that important to me.
>>
>>12939891
show me the attendance numbers he drew at house shows as champion...
>>
File: jj8j2nt3eyjav8zcbwob.png (6 KB, 820x434)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
He was a bigger draw than Reign of Terror HHH
>>
>>12942250
This, sharp decline with gaytch champion. Huge spike for Edge Hardy + Hogan HBK in 05. Continues to spike with Edge Cena in 06. Sharply declines in 07 with Cena headling all ppv’s while Edge is on Smackdown
>>
>>12939891
I don't think Edge has ever been a draw. He's a good hand to have as a main eventer and I thought it was cool that he got to close WM24 against Taker, but that was more of a gesture than any acknowledgement that he was a draw. Espeically since WrestleMania was such a machine by then.

Best he ever did was probably the Cena feud in 2006.
>>
>>12939891
There data says nope

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.