[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 246x138)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>average age in the male royal rumble: 39
>average age in the tag team battle royal on dynamite: 29
>>
Comparing Royal rumble to a who gives a shit tag team battle royal is stupid as fuck
>>
>>12925498
Someone posted a list of all WWE wrestlers' ages a couple of weeks ago (RAW, SD and NXT roster, male and female)
The majority of wrestlers in WWE now are in the early 30s range, that's not so bad in itself
The real problem was when I looked at the list, damn near all of the recognizable/dime-drawing names were in the 40s-and-older range
>>
>>12925520
*they posted the list just days ago I meant, not weeks ago
>>
>>12925505
i think you missed the point
WWE just had their oldest royal rumble ever because they can't make, push, or properly book anyone under 30
even despite the fact that they could fill the ring with 12 years olds and still be fine because of guaranteed money from various deals
>>
>>12925498
True.
But at the same time WWE doesn't care about that anymore. They don't build their stars anyway. Since WWE established that "you're only important if you have a title" in the last couple of years they just need to give someone without any build up the title and smarks cream all over.
If one of them is too old they just give another one a title and thats it.
>>
>>12925520
This, there's very little difference in the average age between WWE and AEW, I think maybe 2-3 years max. The big difference is in the age of people getting pushed. Fuck, Damien getting his call up to the big leagues at fucking 38. I don't even like him or Karen but fuck I'd rather see them get in the main event matches than fucking Goldberg or even Edge.
>>
File: 1612450179396.jpg (45 KB, 400x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>12925498
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T BOOK WRESTLERS OVER THE AGE OF 29 WHERE ARE MY YUMMY YOUNG STARS?????
>>
>>12925498
>Average time AEW fans have had sex: 0
>Average penises attached to the bodies of AEW fans: 0
>>
Outside Jericho & Hager even the more established guys in the battle royal like Matt Jackson, Luchasaurus & The SSB were all still in their mid-30s at most

>>12925552
>they just need to give someone without any build up the title and smarks cream all over.

Yeah that worked so well for Jinder
>>
Can't believe Santana y Ortiz are barely in their early 30s

>>12925578
It's not "attached" when it's up your ass dronie
>>
WWE keep all their young talent in the performance centre for 10 years, and by the time they graduate they're indoctrinated into the WWE cult and can only work the boring WWE style.
>>
File: 11c.png (103 KB, 403x347)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>12925566
>NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T PUSH YOUNG TALENT WHERE ARE MY BOOMERS?
>>
>>12925560
I blame Gaytch for NXT being a failure, and holding people like Io, Xia, etc... for years until they are old then sending them up... People prefer younger women. Also it feels like Cole and Garganno have been there for years and years, but I don't think Vince wants them at this point. Get Loomis on RAW or SD immediately and stop giving him stupid shit.
>>
>>12925597
>Get Loomis on RAW or SD immediately
>stop giving him stupid shit.

pick one anon
>>
>>12925536
>even despite the fact that they could fill the ring with 12 years olds

-1 big-leagued them
>>
>>12925582
>Yeah that worked so well for Jinder
Ok well played.
Though my point is smarks love almost everyone in WWE. Just give the title to Angel Garza or some shitter noone knows but can do some flips and smarks will get orgasms.
>>
>>12925610
Yeah they might actually pop a 2 million rating lol

P.S. Garza is basado
>>
>>12925520
here it is
https://yuki.la/asp/12862637
>>
File: 1591137588247.jpg (181 KB, 640x590)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>12925498
>WWE has an age problem
>>
>>12925614
Unironically no idea who Angel Garza is. I just heard smarks constantly talking about him
>>
File: 4L_rJfP51ZC.png (18 KB, 323x570)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>
The prime of most wrestlers is at about 35 so getting their major push at 33-37 is not out of line.
The guys that are expected to turn into major stars (regardless of if they actually do) get called up earlier, look at the Shield or even Big E, they were 26-27 when called up.
Guys that are not on Raw/Smackdown by 30 will just never be stars, regardless of how many rockets are strapped on them, see Strowman, Balor, etc. The only exception is guys that are already stars before signing like Styles.
>>
>>12925597
>People prefer younger women
Some of the biggest female names of the Attitude era were in their 30s and near-40s (Ivory, Jacqueline, Debra, Tori)
Hell, two of the most entertaining women back then were granny-age
>>
>>12925625
He's been on RAW for nearly a year. State of the sloppy shop
>>
>>12925648
It was a different era. Back then you couldn't just logon and see girls spend their 18th birthday getting gangbanged.
>>
>>12925603
Lol.
>>12925648
True, but you're still better off getting in young especially now when there is a lot more competition and these women aren't doing the bra and panty stuff and have 'le serious characters' instead.
>>
>>12925648
Sable became the sex symbol of the company at age 30, then left, then came back in her mid-30s and not only continued being hot and popular among fans but also snagged the company's biggest prospect into marriage and kids
I don't know why these virgins like to pretend that women in their 30s can't be successful in wrestling, or don't draw boners in general
>>
DDP hit his prime at like what,37? He made a hell of a career at that time. Most of the top guys in WCW were in their late 30’s and early 40’s and still drew a lot, even Rude for the short run he did as a non-wrestler.
>>
Age is irrelevant because wrestling isn’t real. As long as they can wrestle they are fine
>>
>>12925552
Right because that worked sooooo well for Jinder.
>>
>>12925701
DDP also didn't start wrestling until he was 35 so he didn't have 15 years of wear-and-tear on him
>>
>>12925707
You're a bit late pal. Already had that discussion >>12925582
>>12925610
>>12925614
>>12925625
>>12925650
>>
>>12925498
Yeah but who cares if the AEW roster is young, fresh and exciting. Just look at these absolute fucking chads in OP's pic.
>Matt Riddle: banged a tranny
>Keith Lee: raped by a tranny
>Karen Kross: his gf looks like a tranny
>Judas Priest: will probably become a tranny
Now that's fucking dimes right there
>>
>>12925498
>parroting the latest Meltzercope, which he came up with to try and spin another strong WWE PPV
Fucking hell OP
>>
>>12925763
>another strong WWE
>>
>>12925766
YOU FUCKED UP!
YOU FUCKED UP!
YOU FUCKED UP!
>>
>>12925753
>AEW roster is young, fresh and exciting
It's not though
>>
File: 1606911380135.png (782 KB, 596x596)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
>NOOOOOOOOO THE ATTITUDE ERA WAS OVERRATED AND IT WASN'T THE MOST POPULAR ERA OF PRO WRESTLING
>>
>>12925794
i popped irl at that picture bro ngl, it caught me off guard
>>
>>12925780
>being this new
>>
>>12925790
It's okay if you don't like AEW, but cmon man. Don't lie.
>>
>>12925498
>nooooooo why doesn't WWE put the strap on my heckin Quasar Quackenbusharino
>hes only 31and been an indie shitter for 29 years
>fuck these old proven drime drawers
>>
>>12925498
It’s not really age itself but it’s the way the WWE works. They poach talent from the indies after they put in years to get to that level, they like to bring back old acts, and if you are a WWE guy you need to pay a fuck ton of dues to be anywhere near a title. WWE doesn’t really develop talent so you get talent who are older
>>
>>12925560
AEW gives -1 a bigger push than, oh I dunno, Saurav?
>>
>>12925790
It’s great if you like people who were once in the big leagues but failed to get over, so they went to try the minor leagues instead.
>>
>>12925684
Nobody is saying that. They're saying it's better to get used while you are young instead of wasting time doing nothing.
>>12925705
>As long as they can wrestle
Well, looks like they're in trouble then, lol.
>>
>>12925498
just shows how much of a failure the zoomers are. The boomers have to take up the main event slack.
>>
>>12925968
This is the equivalent of Sammartino main eventing while Austin reaches his prime
>>
Matt Riddle is the only one justified, because he was actually competing in real sports during his prime.
>>
>>12925812
>nooooooo why doesn't WWE put the strap on my heckin Quasar Quackenbusharino
Unironically this but replace Quasar Quackenbusharino with Bianca Belair.
>>
>>12925498
the unaddressed problem in wrestling that persists from the end of the territories is what happens to a guy when his storyline is done. back in the day you'd just move on to the next territory, now you're stuck in six man tags filling up second quarter of the second hour on mondays. this was why NXT was great for awhile, as soon as a guy's story was done he went to the main roster and you got to see new main eventers
>>
>>12925498
Who care about age? it's about talent
>>
>>12925990
But Austin was talented and you could push him.
>>
>>12925498
Fitness and wrestling training has evolved to where 40-50 year olds can wrestle high paced matches now. Look at AJ Styles, John Morrison, Shelton, Lashley, Ziggler. They could still go for another 10 years.
>>
It's a problem with WWE when it comes to past stars like Goldberg, Taker, HHH, Michaels, Lesnar and people like that. Those people are older and some of them are already retired. Those people can't be relied upon much anymore.

But I don't think it's a problem with WWE in general like it would be with various feds in Japan. Some of those feds have older talent, but they also don't draw and don't have any money to get new talent with. WWE has the money and platform to get whoever they want.

WWE's problem is that the booking sucks and they often seem to go out of their way to bury possible stars. As we've seen with someone like a Drew McIntyre though, WWE can make someone if they want in no time at all. In general, it doesn't take that long to make a main eventer. You just have them beat people and push them with good booking. Just WWE doesn't like to do that for various reasons.
>>
>>12925586
We all knew you are a fag Kenny
>>12925590
>this is your brain on Meltzer brainwashing
>>
>>12925498
Kross is 35? wow mind blown
>>
All zoomers have to do is open an only fans or beg for money on social media these days. Why would they want learn to wrestle?
>>
>>12927027
You can patch this by focusing on longterm storylines, something Vince always hated
>>
>>12928106
>some reason
cuz vince has abandonment issues with his dad and feels like any wrestler who turns into a star and ditches wwe is like his dad
>>
>>12927027
you need to have a good flow of talent through your company. watching old ppvs chronologically you notice people come and go, oh look there's vader, oh look it's road warriors, etc, but it doesn't continue indefinitely.
Miz is in his 15th year on the main roster. Dolph is in his 13th.
These dudes are hanging around way too long
>>
>>12925536
>WWE just had their oldest royal rumble ever because they can't make, push, or properly book anyone under 30
Nobody can presently, WWE is just the only ones coping properly.
>>
>>12926111
Bianca is 31
>>
I personally prefer wrestlers in the 30-40 age range. I don’t wanna watch little bitch kids whine on the mic.
>>
Building new stars isn't strictly about age, but rather putting fresh faces in important places. Properly pushing someone like Dominick Mysterio today would only make him better and more over when he's ready to be a major player. AEW does a lot of things wrong, but the way they handle a young talent like Jungle Boy isn't one of them. They put him in ideal spots where he can shine while growing and improving, so that when he is peaking he'll already be established as a credible guy for the main event. As of the past 15+ years WWE has a habit of trying to quickly brute force someone into a main event, and having it fail and shooting them back down the card. I mean look at Drew McIntyre's first run, the guy was pushed to the moon and ended up being a total geek. It took him rehabbing his image on the indies before he could ever get anywhere in WWE again
>>
Everyone in this picture is negative dimes and old.
>>
>>12925498
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>12929936
Fucking this right here. WWE for a long time just doesn’t know how to properly book anything, much less new stars. They will shoot them to the absolute moon, and then they quickly fade into obscurity. Reigns is the exception since he’s The Rocks cousin and for over 8 years, he’s been pushed as the absolute top & given accolades after accolades easily. Nobody in the modern roster comes close to Reigns, so there’s literally no competition for him to face.

Another thing WWE has an issue with is its repeated matches that have no payoff. Look how many times sheamus & del rio faced each off each other, as well as Ziggler/Miz. Compare this to the attitude era or ruthless aggression era where we got so many new matches, and the main event was never stale. Rock/Austin was done legit 3 times. Compare that to Cena/Orton or Edge/Orton.
>>
>>12925582
Weren’t Daniels and Kazarian in it?
>>
>>12925790
It is. It's one of the things AEW does have going for them if they don't fuck it up. They have a nice set of young talents. Just the Varsity Blondes alone will be two main eventers down the road.
>>
>>12927936
And if WWF booked then like it does now you'd never know that, he'd just be a jobber-to-the-stars mechanic who never got to cut a promo.
>>
>>12928070
Styles looks like he can barely go for another 10 weeks lol

>now

Luchadors & Puro Dads have always wrestled into their 50s, even US territories had some 50-somethings.
>>
>>12928138
>ESL-drone cope
>>
Sheamus and Del Rio were the last WWE young stars in their 20's at the time that they pushed hard and turned out to be no dime drawing shitters.

DDL was in his 40's the 1st time he becamd WCW Champion and he was a #1 seller in WCW at the time. Sting only became dimes with the Crow gimmick also and he was old then. AJ Styles was old and he was a top draw. Brock was old and he was a top draw.
>>
>>12929377
>Jay White
>Will Ospreay
>Darby Allin
>Hangman Page
>MJF
>Sammy Guevara
>Jungle Boy

Shit, even RING OF HONOR got its luchadors
>>
>>12932919
>Sheamus and Del Rio were the last WWE young stars in their 20's at the time

Sheamus was 31 when he debuted on ECW and Alberto is older than him
>>
>>12931735
nope
>>
https://streamable.com/lmidtr
>>
>>12932948
Wòrked
>>
>>12925498
Based boomers. Fuck zoomers
>>
>>12932927
>Sammy Guevara
>Jungle Boy
>Will Ospreay
Are we supposed to be impressed by these shitters? Hell even Darby Allin wouldn't make it as WWE Champion, he's intercontinental Champion at best.
>>
>>12925498
Priest is almost 40? Where the hell has he been wrestling all these years?
>>
>>12935314
There’s no way Darby Allin is IC title level
>>
>>12935314
yeah they really don't match illustrious champs like Miz or Jinder
>>
>>12925498
If AEW’s champion wasn’t older than bith the RAW and SmackDown champ, I would believe you
>>
>>12935385
WWE's "rookies" are older than AEW's champ
>>
>>12935432
That's because AEW is aimed at fans of teenage gymnastics competitions.
>>
>>12935480
...but enough about Velveteen Dream's recording schedule
>>
>>12935432
Its not WWE's fault that AEW is so desperate that they literally sign kids that have never had an actual fuckin match to be on national tv
>>
>>12935495
>sign kids that have never had an actual fuckin match to be on national tv

...but enough about Dominik Mysterio
>>
>>12935493
>>12935508
0/10 gimmick
>>12935495
Got to pad out the time between surprise debuts of WWE washouts somehow
>>
>>12925498
>Here's your elimination chamber line-up, bro:

Drew is 35
Randy is 40
Jeff is 43
AJ is 43
Miz is 40
Sheamus 43
>>
>>12935516
Perfect-10 copE
>>
>>12925498
This made me realize that everyone reacts on Jericho being old because he stands out among the younger roster
>>
>>12935314
>He doesnt know that Ospreay got a clue
cmon dronie
>>
>>12935981
The only guys even close to his age on Dynamite are Dustin & Daniels neither of whom are regulars or anywhere near the main event
>>
WWE being old is a symptom, not the cause.
>>
>>12936293
Dustin had his brief run, which was great, and Daniels has a gimmick of being old and washed up

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.