[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 81110832.jpg (44 KB, 575x533)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Realistic edition

>What are you running?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

>/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.
>Nuzlocke info
https://pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
https://nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
http://nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
https://pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
https://pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
https://pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
https://pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
https://pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list
https://pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
https://projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)Anon's Level Caps Doc
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600
>Level caps/general Nuzlocke info (new!)
https://nuzlockeuniversity.ca/2022/01/18/hardcore-nuzlocke-level-caps-by-generation/
Previous Thread: >>55721261
>>
>>55783434
Congrats! Yeah, most of Red's team lacks an answer for their weaknesses, which can make for an easy fight if you resist their moves.
>>55783514
Sorry to hear that, but it least it's not infatuation hax.
>>55783589
Nice. What's the team looking like for Kanto? Kind of a good thing for yoy that Kanto here is more of a victory lap in terms of levels.
>>
File: ruby.jpg (158 KB, 1213x615)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
Decided to start a marathonlocke of sorts from Ruby and work my way up there gen by gen throughout the summer.
Had some problems with Roxanne since i didn't manage to catch any mons who could do damage against her without being weak to rock moves at the same time. Sam the beatifly caught a rock tomb to the face after dispatching the geodude. Luckily, Germine the nincada managed to setup 6 sand-attacks and 6 hardens against the nosepass and slowly whittled it to death with cut and leech life. Hopefully i'll catch something nice from granite cave that isn't a zubat.
>>
Most people exclude shinies from their one mon per route and species clauses, but I feel like odd egg shinies and red gyarados shouldn’t count for that exception. Anyone else agree?
>>
Well, first part of Hgss is done,catched Ho-oh normally,and i lost everyone against lance, Ho-oh was killed by Machamp,Butterfree carried surpringsly decently, but it's Ampharos who saved the day thanks to static and a few hyper potion cause i was a coward for allowing item.Shout out to Nidoking who manage to stay alive the run with like 1-5 hp, multiples time.

i keep the second part for another run, and i do a sword run now, with the only faggy rule is to remplace the starter by a Nidoran if the game allow it.
>>
File: Pokemon_Platinum.png (182 KB, 282x298)
182 KB
182 KB PNG
Since this is a new thread, I would like to inform you all on where abouts I am in my pokemon platinum nuzlocke.

So far my starter is Chimchar and the pokemon I have caught have been Bidoof, Budew and Starly, I'm still in Jubilife city and I will be playing later soon.

Any advice?
>>
>>55785488
Can you get a fishing rod any time soon? I believe there's a route west of Jubilife where you can fish up like, probably a Magikarp or something
>>
>>55785488
I think you'll be fine until Roark, his Cranidos will set the tone from then on. You can also get the old rod from the western Jubilife gate and get Magicarp anywhere there's water, and you can never go wrong with Gyarados. It's also early, but don't underestimate the Galactic admins, and don't think you're safe just because you have two Pokémon with Intimidate.
>>
I'm a fuckin stupid stupid motherfucker. Quagsire was accuracy impared, but Silver sent in Haunter, so no biggy right? Mf meanlooked me, I missed, Confuse Ray, I hit myself, Curse, miss, curse damage, shadow ball, hit self, curse damage kill. This was the victory road fight and hadn't had a death since an intentional whitney sacrifice. Luckily Johto practically gives you a tentacool, so just gotta be careful grinding.
>>
Another week and the Region Quest through every gen as one nuzlocke continues. Misty and Surge were no issue, but lost my Nidoking, Skab, to getting hit with a Magnitude while using Dig. Wasn't paying attention and forgot about that interaction. Here's the team at Lavender.
>>
>>55785798
Dig + Magnitude is one of those combo's you don't think about until it smacks you in the face. I also don't know of Nidoking would have survived anyway, unless Magnitude rolled low.
>>
>>55786188
It was a pretty big level gap and rolled a 7, I think I would've avoided a 1 hit at least.
>>
File: 074.png (74 KB, 475x475)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
I caught a new pokemon, a Geodude I caught in Oreburgh gate and I named him Rocky. Geodude should be useful against team galactic admin Jupiter and her fat smelly Skuntank.
>>
Good news everyone, I have just beaten the first gym leader Roark. My Budew was able to take out both his Geodude, Onix and Cranidos. I was a little worried of Cranidos but luckily enough I prevailed.
>>
Gen 2 and hgss enjoyers, do you consider the bug catching contest a separate encounter from the park?
>>
File: 391.png (137 KB, 475x475)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
My starter Chimchar has evolved into Monferno becoming the first pokemon of mine to evolve.
>>
>>55786836
No
>>
File: pachirisu.jpg (103 KB, 810x1000)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
I just caught a Pachirisu at the Valley Windworks and I named her That's Nuts. She will be useful against Wake's Gyarados when the time comes. I now also have a full team of six pokemon with no losses yet.
>>
>>55786836
I do, but I know most people don't. Although most of the time it's probably not even worth it to catch a regular encounter there, it's all common mons that you're likely to pick up elsewhere. Only good ones are in the bug catching contest.
>>
File: 20240425_000009.jpg (2.38 MB, 2733x2142)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
This is my team so far, what do you think /vp/?

Also when I caught Budew, I forget to name it straight away because I had a headache, it's name is Weed and I'm gonna change it to Weed once I get to Eterna city.
>>
>Odd Egg mon is Cleffa (shiny)
Kinda torn. I’ve never used clefable so I wanna try it. But I already have a ton of normal types and I also hate friendship evos
>>
>>55784153
As I mentioned in the previous post, only my Umbreon survived Lance. So its just these two. I honestly don't feel like grinding anything for kanto when I can just feed Larvitar the Earthquake TM and the rare candies I hoarded and watch him basically solo the whole thing.
>>
>route has heaps of good pokemon
>you get the worst possible encounter
name a worse feeling
>>
>>55788025
Finding a rare pokemon and it escapes or worse you kill it.
>>
File: ruby2.jpg (241 KB, 1213x850)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>55784597
>Hopefully i'll catch something nice from granite cave that isn't a zubat.
Instead it was an abra that broke out of the ball and just teleported away. Did get some vindication though when i caught a solrock at the meteor falls. 2 more badges down with only 1 unlucky casualty. Time to train some new mons to fight Flannery.
>>
Decided to give a black run a shot after failing my platinum nuzlocke.
one gym down so far, here's my team.
Used repels to get drilbur from a dust cloud in the first cave.
>>
> -minus attack
>no intimidate
Well shit, last time this thing carried me hard. Don't think its going to be much use this time.
>>
File: 1683668872495112.gif (809 KB, 220x208)
809 KB
809 KB GIF
I got a Miltank for my Soul Silver run
I'll do a proper update after the next gym battle
>>
>>55788792
I was talking about herdier here btw, forgot the image.
Lost my watchdog on the second gym. I thought her watchdog came out first so when the herdier came out it kinda fucked up my plan.
Its a watchdog so who gives a fuck really.
>>
File: 1694802194696263.png (50 KB, 240x240)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>55788873
>use aerial ace on fearow on morty's haunter
>survives with not that much health health
>haunter uses hypnosis and starts doing dream eater and restoring it's health
>i have to switch if I don't want to lose my fearow aka. my best bet against the gengar
>the haunter outspeeds my entire team and never misses the hypnosis and then my whole team is awake and getting memed on
>this is after all the bullshit grinding soul silver puts you through
Ok i don't think this semen slurping game is for me, i'm taking a break from it.
>>
>>55789039
i mean my whole team was put to sleep, maybe i'm too dazed for this shit too
>>
I'm so stupid. Somehow I've missed this npc every single time I've played gen 5, I didn't even know you get the fossils here.
Guess I'll go for archen since I already have two water types.
>>
File: 397.png (110 KB, 475x475)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
Good news, my Starly has evolved into Staravia, things are going good.
>>
File: IMG_9272.png (1.02 MB, 1170x2532)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>55787174
As expected, ttar swept kanto’s 8 gyms. Though he was a Pupitar for most of it. I personally consider Blue to be the end of a GSC/HGSS run because beating red involves either excessive grinding or cheese strats, neither of which I’m particularly fond of
For fun, I’ve decided to do another run, this time on my phone during work breaks and online meetings I don’t have to pay attention to. So no trade evos and no items or events from the weekend (rip return tm) and I’m also limiting myself to not using the mons that beat Lance and Blue (No Jynx line, Geodude line, Umbreon, Natu line, Chinchou line, or Snubbull line)
Current line up is:
Rattata
Butterfree
Totodile
Bellsprout
Furrett
Cleffa
>>
File: 400.png (143 KB, 475x475)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
My Bidoof has evolved into Bibarel and is now fully evolved, let's hope I don't lose it or otherwise I will be fucked when it comes to needing a pokemon to learn HM moves.
>>
level caps shmevel caps
>>
File: 1st attempt xy.png (1.13 MB, 1408x1317)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
Managed to finish the Y run on my first try. Almost manage a perfect run until the very end, shame for a failed ice fang for Gyarados and an unexpected crit for azumarril. Still, it was considerably easier than the DS games, the game pulls its punches consistently. I'll start ORAS next week.

Also, shotout to delphox, barely did anything against most of the game, and then nearly solo the champion out of nowhere.
>>
File: 20240425_180017.jpg (3.11 MB, 2816x2112)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
This is my current team so far in my pokemon platinum nuzlocke run. Tomorrow I will be taking on Gardenia and then Jupiter, Any advice?
>>
I am not looking forward to this run. I really hate Ruby and Sapphire's UI. I get that it is objectively better than the menus in previous Gens but it feels so much more cluttered and less intuitive to use.
On the other hand, having Natures and Abilities back feels great. I got so many Nuggets, Proteins and Rare Candies already just from walking around.
>>
Hot damn, Lance is fucking hard. This is a PSA for gsc players: Don't forget to buy the Ice Punch TM in Goldenrod. Since I'm doing this as an Autism Locke, do I go all the way to Red or end it here since I did technically beat the league? If so, do I not count Nidoking as a champ yet? (If it only counts to Red I'll probably only go to him once in gen2 and once in gen4, not 5 seperate times total)
>>
>>55789039
Morty eill mess your run up very easily if you'rr not careful, but Chesto Berries can help mitigate the damage.
>>55790694
Again, don't think you're safe because of Intimidate, Jupiter's Skuntank can easily crit your team to death.
>>55791258
Most runs go to Red, but it's your choice on how you want to deal with it.
>>
>>55792058
Will*
>>
File: nuzlocke.png (296 KB, 1200x989)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>55774872
Been pretty busy these past several days, but hopefully, I'll be able to get back on track with my Autismlocke.

Lt. Surge's Team:
>Poliwag
OHKO by Axel's Sludge.

With so many deaths, it was only natural we'd be overleveled. Luka's death in particular sucks because I was excited about the prospect of an Alakazam. Not having a Psychic resist seems to be a big problem with my team right now as well. Hopefully I can scrape something together by the time I reach Celadon City.
>>
Anyone know if using the universal randomizer to enable trade evos fuck up my save if I use it halfway through a playthrough?
Forgot to do it before I started and I'm too far in to start over.
>>
>>55793267
Are you against using PkHeX to just evolve whatever it is at the right level? Since I hear that they make such Pokemon evolve the old fashioned way.
>>
>>55793316
oh right I didn't think of that. I'll just do that then. Seems less risky.
>>
>>55793267
just use a NTEVO rom
>>
>>55792058
So any ways to combat Jupiter?
>>
>>55793874
Her Zubat should go down easily thanks to Pachirisu, but Skuntank's STAB Night Slash will probably one shot any member of your team. I think i would KO Zubat with Pachirisu, then Charm Skuntank and switch into Geodude and try to KO with Magnitude, have berries on whoever is fighting Skuntank, if you lose both previous team mates, Monferno's Mach Punch is probably your best bet left. Just do your best to end the fight asap.
>>
Elesa didn't go so well, I thought drillbur would pretty much sweep but even with eviolite the emolgas chipped it down really fast. Losing Sandile feels really bad.
I hate this fight so much.
>>
Attempt 2 was a disaster. Wiped to a trainer I accidentally walked in front of while coming out of Silent Hills with my team in a really bad shape. Couldn't stand a chance.

Attempt 3 (with Chikorita) didn't go much further. Wiped to a sage in Brass Tower who had the perfect counters to my team.

Now trying again with attempt 4, starting with Palssio. Team looks promising and I gotta grind it well to avoid surprises.
>>
Lost my excadrill and palpitoad to clay.
Don't even feel like playing anymore after that.
Went for prankster stun spore to deal with clay's excadrill but it missed twice so he got hone claws set up. My fault for relying on something with 75% accuracy.
I really should have just giga drained it to death straight away.
>>
>>55789648
Update:
>>55788119 this happened to me in the bug catching contest. I was lucky enough to encounter pinsir but lost it to a crit. The rest of my progress that day was spent fighting the trainers around Goldenrod. I chose to take Kenya the spearow as my route 35 encounter and gave him my swift TM. Today will be Whitney’s gym
>>
File: Ruby3.png (403 KB, 1200x978)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
>>55788635
3 More gyms down. Tetra swept Flannery and Winona while Norman lost to protect & toxic shenanigans from Cassidy. Sadly lost Harvey to a low level meditite who for some reason had a high jump kick. Was planning on taking Cassidy all the way to champion but then i got a heracross from the safari zone and baton passing a swords dance & speed boost to it once i get to the elite four sounds like too much fun.
>>
>>55788025
Finding a shiny rare Pokemon and critting it to death.
>>
>>55795495
Finding a shinny in a npc double battle and the npc takes it down it happened to me once with a shinny rattata in BW2
>>
I hate explosion. I almost lost my starter to Wattson's Voltorb blowing up. Luckily, he survived but that meant I could no longer use him for Magneton, which lead to Loudred's demise while I was switching pokemon in and out in a panic. If not for Leech Seed, the run would've probably ended there.
>>
do y'all count gift pokemon as your "encounter" for the area or do you apply the nuzlocke rules literally to only restricting your first "catch" of an area and not governing any other method of pokemon acquisition?
>>
>>55795982
Yes. The only exception to that are eggs, since I can open them in areas where there are no pokemon.
>>
>>55795982
I count gifts separately, but I tend to play on the loose side of rules where I can. I would just do whatever feels better to you.
>>
>>55795982
No, execept for starters and eggs. But only hatch one egg per run.
>>
Good news, I have beaten the second gym leader Gardenia. Staravia was able to take out both her Turtwig and Cherrim while I left her Roserade to Monferno who due to some bad luck, nearly got knocked out by her Roserade but pulled through and won.
>>
Also I managed to get past Jupiter without losing a pokemon, the first time I've ever defeated Jupiter in a nuzlocke.

My Geodude was able to defeat her Skuntank with Magnitude.

Regardless, any advice for the next gym leader Fantina?
>>
File: IMG_9274.png (1.02 MB, 1170x2532)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>55794583
Whitney was cleanly swept by Ferry the Furrett. But sadly Kenya fell to one of the kimono girls. I evolved the gift Eevee into Flareon this time. I didn’t realize he couldn’t learn Dig or Strength….
Monday will be challenging Morty’s gym
>>
File: Vast Poni Canyon.png (1.41 MB, 1600x1258)
1.41 MB
1.41 MB PNG
>Came back to this particular run recently
>Drew my mons
>Almost immediately lost my Forretress vs Lusamine last time I played.
Things got worse in Vast Poni Canyon. Veteran Harry's Beeheeyem scored a Psychic Crit on Tim, KOing him.
And then I went to fight Ace Duo Kent and Aimee, putting Meta Knight and Ghido at the head of the team to use Earthquake with a flying partner.
>Their team is a Snow Warning Alolan Ninetales and Slush Rush Alolan Sandslash(well, it was actually Snow Cloak, but I played as if it was Slush Rush because I panicked)
Toxapex managed to take out Ninetales, but the others were mostly swapping around and being sacrificed to stall out the Hail(iwhich it turns out I didn't even need to do). I lost both Meta Knight after sacrificing new catch Kadma first.
...I might take a break from this game again and play another. Losing half my team soon after drawing them smarts.
>>
Alright, finally recovered a team of sorts to finish the game (once I finish grinding). How does it look? Trying not to use Nidoking, since he's over most gym caps now.
>>
>>55797008
give alakazam the punches and watch him roll over everything
>>
>>55797060
will do if I ever financially recover after porygon. Will keep shadow ball even though it's weak, as it's my only solid answer to Sabrina and Espeon. Did peak at Red's team, and I don't think I have anything good for blastoise. Could probably toxic it with tentacruel, but things are definitelt going to die.
>>
>>55796271
Congrats on getting past Jupiter.
Fantina isn't going to be easy, have a Rawst Berry for whoever goes up against her Duskull, Haunter can be cheesed by Staravia or Bibarel once their asleep by not using damaging moves to stall out Sucker Punch, but Mismagius covers over half your team with Psybeam and Magical Leaf, so Pachirisu or Staravia will need to do the work, i would have both hold a Persim Berry. If you got lucky and caught a Shinx, you could level it up and evolve it to Luxio and use Charge once or twice to boost its Sp.Def before going in with Bite.
>>
Was intending to sack this thing but it got two 5 hit rock blasts in a row and swept the gym.
Somehow a cute charm Cinccino is pulling its weight.
>>
>>55798055
I was about to ask if it was from a Hidden Grotto, pair a Cinccino from there with a Wife Lens and you have a very scary Pokémon.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 235x215)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
My Budew finally evolved into Roselia, things are looking good.
>>
File: pass.jpg (24 KB, 600x600)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>Pokemon knows confusion
>"Maybe it'll learn psybeam or psychic next!"
>Mfw it learns psywave
>Lower accuracy
>Chance to do lower damage
>Can't even deal super effective damage
>This is supposed to be an upgrade
Times like these is why i sometimes despise playing the older gens
>>
>>55798402
I wish it was. Hidden grottos are only in the sequel.
First time playing black 2 I had a skill link one in my team and it was a beast.
Also I tried sacking it again in the cheren fight against the scope lens bird but it pulled through again. I guess its on the team now.
>>
File: download-1.jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Geodude has evolved into Graveler.

So are you allowed to trade pokemon to evolve them during nuzlocke?
>>
File: yeeee.jpg (116 KB, 806x604)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>55794798
>Germine sets up 3 swords dances on Wallaces luvdisc and proceeds to sweep his entire team
>Sealeo survives the first slash but Germine tanks the aurora beam like a champ
He's the little bug that could.
>>
>>55799135
Goodest cicada.
>>
I was actually hoping for a boldore but I guess this is better lmao.
Do people usually ban this? Its not as broken as garchomp right?
>>
>>55799170
It has rivalry and terrible atk and speed IVs. Definitely don't need to ban this thing.
Wish I got the boldore, I don't have anything physically tanky right now.
>>
>>55798715
Yes, that's perfectly fine.
>>
So, should I take the Pikachu in Slateport city? It does not evolve even with thunderstone, and the everstone does nothing.
>>
>>55798715
If you have the means to, absolutely
Since I've got both a DSi and my 3DS, I'm able to trade with myself for such evolutions (and where applicable)
>>
>>55799874
A Pikachu that doesn't evolve? What is this?
>>
>>55799915
It's the cosplay pikachu. It gets fairly weird attacks, but without the ability to evolve or using the eviolite, using it late game is kind of pointless (especially if I manage to get magnemite). Should I take it, or should I leave it behind and catch wailmer eventually instead?
>>
>>55799931
Wailmer is definitely more useful once you get to the too much water part of the game
>>
>>55799931
If you're able to get the Light Ball somehow then maybe you could consider it, otherwise I'd probably just fish up a Wailmer.
>>
>>55799931
Despite GameFreak's best efforts, Pikachu isn't that good, i'd take the Wailmer.
>>
>>55794151
The run is shaping up.
Easily beat Bugsy with efforts from all my team members, I'm now grinding to face the lost girl quest and the Teknos Gym.
I swear, Medium Grace is the bane of my existence, I lost too many Pokémon in my runs due to her fucking Pursuit users.
>>
Why do videos specify that Nuzlockes are Hardcore rather than simply be Nuzlockes? What makes a Nuzlocke Hardcore?
>>
>>55801393
Hardcore means you ban items, play on set mode and have a level cap.
>>
>>55801458
That just sounds like a regular Nuzlocke to me.
>>
>>55801733
regular nuzlocke rules are just the first encounter rule, permadeath, and arguably nicknames.
>>
>>55799199
Even if it was perfect and had moldbreaker it's such a glasscannon that you'll probably lose him before he can sweep.
>>
>>55801733
The hardcore rules have become basically synonymous with nuzlocking in general in the past few years because as it turns out items and overleveling still completely trivialize the games
>>
>>55802301
Feels like they should probably just drop the "hardcore" suffix then since like, nobody plays with items or overleveling.
>>
>>55801945
I just realized it probably can't even sweep the dragon gym with dragon dance.
I looked at the wiki and all of Brayden's pokemon are male so it's gonna lose attack against them.
>>
>>55802323
I think it's good to keep the label for those newer people just starting. The greta things about Muzlockes is how customizable they are, you can make your own difficulty.
>>
>>55802390
That sucks rivalry is so shitty PVE if the pokemon is female.
>>
>>55803725
Okay I'm stupid. Turns out my Axew is male so it does get the damage boost. I got the gender mixed up.
>>
Holy shit
>>
>>55803881
Congrats! Did you catch it?
>>
>>55804039
Yep. The shiny looks sick
Totally evolved this thing legit btw.
>>
Fucking hell man…

I had finally finished exploring every area and battling every trainer throughout the entirety of the Hoenn Region, and was finally feeling ready to go through Victory Road to take on the Pokémon League, but I just HAD to check the Trainer’s Eyes one last time and - oh, the old couple from Meteor Falls wants a rematch? Sure, I could go for a nice challenging double battle right before I take on the final gauntlet, it’ll be a nice warm up. Worst mistake of my life…

I lead with Tropius and Seviper since every other team member I had was weak to fighting. I knew their Medicham had psychic from the first match and so opted to address it first, using Fly and Glare. But then, their Hariyama used Belly Drum, and my mouth instantly dried up. Forget resists, I was now looking at a 1hko machine on my screen. I had to wait for Tropius to take out Medicham with Fly, so I stalled out Hariyama for a turn with paralysis. Next turn, I knew I couldn’t wait for Fly to land again so I used Flamethrower + Magical Leaf hoping that could take out Hariyama from half health. It did not, not even close. In an instant, Tropius was buried in a Rocky Tomb, so I sent out Glalie hoping an Ice Beam + Flamethrower combo would finish it. It did not, it survived with like 1 HP, and Glalie soon joined Tropius in their tomb. Took Hariyama out the next turn, but it was too late, the damage was done.
>>
>>55804119
This has been the only battle in the whole game where I lost more than 1 team member, and of course it had to come right before the endgame. That brings my death total to 12 (Picrel). Very upset that I lost Glalie in particular, I heavily EV trained him for speed and special attack, he was gonna be my main Ice type. Tropius had great IVs as well, especially in HP. Truly devastating losses.
>>
>>55804119
>>55804126
Luckily, I had 2 retired team mates to bring back to my team, but it just won’t be the same. An Ice Beam from Exploud or Pelipper just won’t hit as hard. Still though, these guys have done me well in the past, so I’m hoping they can pull through for me this one last time. Got a lot of grinding ahead of me, but I’m really looking to finish this early since I intend to start a catch-em-all run of Pearl once I move in a few days, so I’ll probably finish that all up before the end of tomorrow. Will keep you guys posted on any major developments.
>>
>>55804131
Surely you have something better than loudred to put on your teamright? That thing is gonna be useless surely. Show your box.
>>
>>55804146
I’m not exactly hiding any powerhouses up my sleeve.
I was considering using Azumarill since Marill has huge power but it’s level 13 with no EVs and I’m really not trying to go through all that again, I’ve spent TOO much time fully EV training new team members only for them to die. My main reason for going with Loudred and Pelipper is because I actually used them for significant portions of the game, so they’ve already accumulated EVs and are at a somewhat reasonable level. Besides, Biden won’t be fighting anything important before evolving anyways, and he’s special attack oriented with means he’ll be good for additional coverage, mainly Ice Beam.
>>
I have beaten the third gym leader Fantina and it was a tough battle. So Bibarel took out Duskull with rollout and their was no problem, then Staravia took out Mismagius to which I had to use double team so that Staravia would dodge most of Mismagius's psy beams however even then I nearly lost Staravia and finally I nearly lost Pachirisu to her Haunter but my Pachirisu won with just a little bit of HP left. I beat Fantina with no casualties.

I knew Jupiter was always hard on nuzlocke but before I never got past her so I never knew what battling Fantina would be like on a Nuzlocke but it was more difficult.

Any advice for Maylene? I'm probably gonna use Staravia but I think her Machoke knows rock tomb so I've got to be careful.
>>
File: herc.jpg (125 KB, 806x604)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>55799135
>Germine And Herc take down Sidney
>Phoebe was a team effort
>Herc sweeps Glacia
>Tetra sweeps Drake
>Germine sets up 2 swords dances on Stevens skarmory, tanks and survives an aerial ace
>Herc comes in
>Tanks spike damage and an aerial ace to the face
>Proceeds to destroy Stevens entire team
>Last mon is Cradily
>Decide to use megahorn for style points
>Forgot it's not 100% accurate and it misses
>Already badly wounded Herc tanks an ancient power before finishing Cradily off with a brick break
Go team bug! Things almost went horribly wrong at the last stretch but we survived.
>>
File: Ruby4.png (409 KB, 1200x978)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
>>55805191
Probably doing Fire red next before going back to Sapphire.
>>
>>55804500
Congrats on no deaths! Yes, both her Machoke and Meditite know Rock Tomb, but if you get a Ghost type you can all but nullify her Lucario, even more so if you get Will-O-Wisp, but you can always bait Bone Rush into Staravia for Intimidate. Watch out for Meditite's Confusion by the way.
>>
Bump.
>>
Thinking of starting a nuzlocke marathon of every game, autismlockes I think they're called. I haven't played the games in years, you guys got any tips?
>>
>>55806667
>Off by one
I would keep the rules basic to ease yourself back in, first Pokémon you see, nicknames, release/box the dead, and dupes clause. I would also recommend giving thought to which mons you use for each game if you use the champions clause.
>>
This team is seriously lacking in both power and bulk. Everyone being stuck with low power moves doesn't help either. Both the fights against Archie and Flannery were way more challenging than they had any right to be. I have no idea what I am going to do about Norman but there is no way I am surviving two Slaking with these guys.
>>
>>55807480
I never played gen 3 but isn't any pokemon win protect just a free win against slaking?
I guess you'd run out of pp on pelipper before they die.
>>
>>55807732
I could probably max out Protect's PP with the PP Ups I've been picking up.The problem is that there is also a Vigoroth between the two Slaking that Pelipper has no way of defeating.
>>
File: grunt gauntlet.png (45 KB, 579x601)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
My Inclement Emerald Nuzlocke continues
Today I have to fight three grunts back-to-back-to-back, with no breaks in between, and I have to ensure that whoever I lead with can either deal with their leads, or be able to get out of dodge pretty safely
>>
>>55805191
>>55805295
Congrats on winning!
>>55807883
The Slakings shouldn't be a problem as long as you have a Pokémon with Protect or Dig on their non Truant turns, Vigoroth i would maybe try and bait Faint Attack into Combusken for Double Kick.
>>
File: 20240429023203.png (109 KB, 960x544)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>55807959
Greninja made for an excellent lead into these fights, even if I was cutting it really close
Surf Pyroar, bait Pangoro's Close Combat into Gengar and Encore it, set up a Nasty Plot and destroy it and Nidoking
The second grunt was kind of annoying because Surf couldn't one shot Hippowdon, so I had to do the same Encore trick to get Milotic in safely, but it dispatched the two Ground-types without breaking a sweat
And finally, I kinda had to let Liepard hit and break Greninja's Substitute with the only move it could use in U-turn (as its Dark-type protected it from the other moves), letting it bring in the other, Water weak Pokemon, who Greninja was able to wash away then subsequently transform, and Liepard fell to one more Surf
Now... we prepare for Admin Tabitha, who has a Sand team in this
>>
Lost two mons to random trainer in the dragon gym. Including the lillipup I've had since the beginning.
Emolga was gonna be really useful for Drayden with fast encore, Don't know what I'm gonna do now.
>>
File: firered.png (226 KB, 1200x600)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>55806667
>>55807463
What the other anon said. Champion clause is really fun too imo since it lends the games some more strategic depth in the long term.
>>55805295
Made it to Mt. Moon without any casualties. Kinda wanted to somehow shove the mankey into the team as well but figured i should save it for leaf green to help with Brock incase i don't get squirtle as a starter. Jigglypuff is going to be interesting. Considering how many different TMs it can learn. Also:
>Adamant beedrill
Let's fucking gooooo!
>>
>>55809155
I like your pokemon names.
>>
Things have taken a bad turn.
I beat drayden but then accidentally ran into the cheren fight unprepared.
The fucking stupid water monkey crit me with scald 3 times in a row. Lost samurott, conkeldurr and darmanitan to it and then night slash crit from liepard killed my gigalith.
Worst part is my galvantula could have outsped and killed both if I kept it in, I didn't realize it was faster.
I still have some decent mons for the elite 4 sitting in the box like litwick and archeops but I can't afford to lose anything until then.
>>
Well I have some good news and some bad news. I was able to beat the fourth gym leader Maylene, Staravia beat her Meditite without taking any damage and in one shot and Pachirisu beat her Machoke however when I sent out Staravia against her Lucario, I got really lucky and my Staravia was killed by her Lucario, lucky enough Monferno took out her Lucario but even though I won, I lost Staravia.

RIP Avian the Staravia, honestly Staravia was probably my ace up until it was killed by Maylene's Lucario, it helped out against both Gardenia and Fantina and even managed to defeat one of Maylene's pokemon.
>>
File: Pokémon_Eevee_art.png (64 KB, 242x299)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
After losing Staravia, I decided to go straight to Hearthome city and pick up a Eevee given to me by Bebe to fill the void left by Staravia. I named Eevee Snow Ball, one because he's cute but two if he is still alive when I make it to the snowy area, I plan on evolving him into Glaceon so I can have an ice type which is effective against Cynthia's Garchomp. For now though, Eevee is level 20 and it will take a while for him to catch up to everyone else on my team.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2.13 MB, 3468x4624)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
Just started somewhat casual run of Yellow. Nothing special - I missed capture on Rt.1 due to Pikachu being rather poor at weakening low-level Pidgeys but overall things are easy - Brock was mostly spamming Bide which was quite annoying to play around but eh.
>>
>>55810066
Be careful you don't accidentally evolve it into Espeon or Umbreon.
>>55810603
Nice art!
>>
>>55810066
that's a long time to hold onto eevee, I never used glaceon for that reason. but good luck
>>
>>55810066
You have a pretty high chance of getting a sneasel or swinub from the snow routes anyway, those would be way more useful for the rest of the elite 4.
If you want to use it go for it but there's better eevee options.
>>
File: IMG_9285.png (1.02 MB, 1170x2532)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>55796493
Morty was taken out almost single-handedly by Furret as well. It could have gone a lot worse if gengar landed more hypnosises. Shadow ball TM went to Flareon. Cleffa finally evolved into clefairy at lv26 so I took a quick detour to tohjo falls for the moonstone and gave it the elemental punches. After that was heading to the lake of rage for gyarados and the rocket hideout to give victreebell the sludge bomb tm ASAP. Head butting a tree on the route before mahogany gave me a Heracross which is super sick. Even at his lower level, his strengths hit pretty damn hard. Sadly in the hideout I lost Furret to a koffing self-destruct. Very sad as I really considered him the mvp so far.
Hideout is clear except for the electrodes, not sure if I’m gonna do Pryce right away or head over to Chuck.
Current team in screenshot order:
Heracross
Victreebell
Croconaw
Clefable
Flareon
Gyarados
>>
As I feared, the Norman fight was tough even when cheese strats. I ended up replacing like half the team and even then, I couldn't win without casualties. I was hoping Bug/Rock would resist all of Slaking's move but Anorith went down in the switch with a single Focus Punch.
On the more positive side, Pelipper managed to take out the two Slakings without much trouble thanks to Toxic. Also, thanks to pick up I found a Kings Rock for Combusken and got enough Nuggets to buy Flamethrower, not to mention Pelipper is soon going to get Surf so that should take care of the lack of firepower in my team. I may also get a cool Dragon in a few levels.
That being said, the big surprise to me this time was definitely Lunatone. Its my first time using one and was not expecting her to be that fast or hit that hard. The plan was to send her to die against the Vigoroth to get a clean switch but instead she took the Faint Attack like a champ and then outspeed the Vigoroth for the kill.
Overall, I am feeling a lot more optimistic about this team now.
>>
bros what should i run a randomized crystal locke
or a vanilla volt white 2 locke
>>
>>55812793
Randomized Crystal sounds more likely for you to keep your sanity.
>>
>>55812793
Seconding randomized Crystal
Beating a ROM hack can already be tough as it is, but Nuzlocking it would be even more mad
>>
>>55813143
>>55813151
crystal it is.
>>
Update on the Region Quest. Moved through Pokemon Tower, Rocket Base, Erika, and most of the eastern route down to Fuschia. No losses and picked up some real winners, including a Dratini from the Game Corner who hopefully will be a big killer for most of the first few gen games until fairy type shows up.
>>
>>55809407
Okay fuck this. I lost my galvantula to a crit the second I booted up the game and then this is my victory road encounter. The game is just fucking with me at this point.
>>
File: v=80i-m2e6gWA.jpg (1.19 MB, 2888x964)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>55808793
My planning and execution went off entirely without a hitch
Guts Conkeldurr (with a Black Belt) was the star of the show, with more than enough muscle to annihilate Gigalith, and then Darmanitan came in next
I had to Protect to make damn sure what its next move would be, either Flare Blitz or Zen Headbutt
It was the latter, and I was able to switch Wailord in safely (gets Drizzle in this, undoes Gigalith's Sand Stream), then to Greninja
Since Darmanitan was locked into Zen Headbutt, it was forced to switch out of Greninja, and anticipating this, I'd U-Turn out of there to answer whatever he brings in
To my surprise... it was not Gastrodon as I was expecting, since Storm Drain and all, but Excadrill
Not only did that break its Focus Sash, but that did just enough damage for Conkeldurr's Mach Punch to OHKO!
Conkeldurr then outsped Gastrodon and Steelix and pummeled 'em to bits, and when it was just Gliscor, I had already won, because Gengar nullified its moveset entirely (EQ Toxic Roost Sub)
I was ready to bring in Milotic or Gogoat if need be, but Conkeldurr was simply too much of a beast
All that's left of Team Magma is the team up fight with Steven against Maxie and Courtney
>>
File: 8qeqzd.jpg (3.16 MB, 3456x4608)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB JPG
>>55810603
I was thinking about making one update every gym leader but desu quite a bit happened around Mt.Moon so eh.

Emily the Zubat is our PC maintenance because sure as hell I'm not gonna use Zubat in Gen I for battling. Also I probably will not draw all PC mons unless relevant, lol.
Vita became our Gunrat, currently equipped with super soaker.
Hunter and Descartes are our new team members.
I'm not sure If I want to evolve Regina now or wait for after Misty - additional Ground-type against Water gym seems rather useless but the power boost from early evolution may be handy. Definitively tho I'll do it before level 23 because of Body Slam.
Momo keeps being based.

>>55811419
Thank you, friend!
>>
File: firered2.png (328 KB, 1200x804)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>55809227
Forgot how small the pokemon variety on routes in the first half of the game is. Nothing too interesting has happened. Gerald swept Misty, Richard got lucky magnitudes against lt. Surge and Muscot & Kandrazyl took out Erika. Now just backtracking all around the place since i was constantly in the risk of overleveling my mons and had to try and skip as many trainers as i could
>>
Bump.
>>
Finally finished my Morrison run of ruby after picking it back up (I lost my Vita). Which minor reoccurring ashime character should I do a run of next? I already did best girl Casey
>>
File: UA0OFP6.png (164 KB, 320x240)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>55815215
Second best girl, obviously.
>>
>>55815320
How the fuck would I even win a run with two Dittos?
>>
>>55815341
By believing.
>>
File: v=Hr3nHkly-i8.jpg (957 KB, 2166x964)
957 KB
957 KB JPG
>>55814086
That went way better than I thought
Victreebel did miss its Sleep Powder twice though, but I had not only a Chesto Berry but also Sleep Talk on Wailord in the event that I fell asleep
Steven co-operated, but his Metagross fell asleep, so I had to stall for time while also getting Corsola into position to deal as much damage as it could
Once Metagross woke up, it not only took a Flying Gem boosted Brave Bird to the face even in the red, but it was able to finish off everything while I kinda just stood back and watched
So thankfully, it all worked out, and it went pretty smoothly
Now, we go after Team Aqua for the last time
>>
Alright, beat Kanto gyms with no casualties, so feelin pretty good. I don't know much about how EVs/Badge Boosts work in gen2, so what level should I be to take on Red?
>>
>>55815914
I want to play with mega evolutions are there any other mods that add them back in? I don't like the 3ds games.
>>
>>55812084
If I lose Pachirisu then I will have Eevee evolve into Jolteon and get an ice type later on.
>>
I just lost another pokemon. I lost my Graveler to a Pyschic trainers Kirlia on route 214. I wasn't expecting Kirlia to use Magical leaf and unfortunately it took out Graveler in one shot so now my Graveler is dead.

RIP Rocky the Graveler, he was really helpful in helping me get past Jupiter and her Skuntank as every other nuzlocke I had done I would always lose to Jupiter and I was also gonna use it against the electric gym leader Volkner but that will never happen.
>>
>>55816338
Magical leaf is kirlia's best offensive move until it evolves in platinum, tbf I only know that because I just used one in a playthrough. sucks you had to find out the hard way. that's why nuzlockes are a test of knowledge more than anything, although obviously you can't be expected to memorize every Pokemon's level up moves. anyway good luck, you've made it past the hardest fights at least until Cyrus/Cynthia so just don't let your guard down and you're good
>>
>>55816007
Just abuse x items with nidoking lol
>>
File: wingull-1.jpg (26 KB, 536x377)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
I caught a Wingull at route 213 and I named Fish Chips because Seagulls like stealing Fish and Chips from pensioners. Wingull shall fill the void that was left when Graveler died but also be useful as a flying type since I also lost my Staravia and its also another water type in case I lose Bibarel.
>>
>>55816667
doing hardcore rules... Might just go to early sixties and just keep as much of a type advantage as I can. Pretty sure each mon counters one of his (except for snorlax, but I'll literally use counter) and as long as nidoking (who I had since whitney) and fearow (who I want to eliminate via champion clause) make it, it'll be a sucsess. Probably won't go up to Red again if I win, cause kanto has quite a bit of grinding if you nearly wipe at lance.
>>
File: 279.png (127 KB, 475x475)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
Good news. My Wingull evolved into Pelipper. I've only just recently caught it so it's a bit of a surprise but oh well.
>>
>>55815881
I don't think I can believe that hard without spamming items in battle.
>>
File: IMG_9295.png (1.02 MB, 1170x2532)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
>>55812536
Not much happened today. Heracross fell to a self destruct from one of the Electrodes in the rocket hideout. Put Butterfree in the party in his place and gave Victreebell Sludge Bomb. Other than that just backtracking for exp share, pink bow and mystic water while catching a few water types surfing. I now have a poliwag, tentacool, wooper and krabby in the box. Contemplating if I wanna use any of them. If I do it would probably be Poliwag. Next up is olivine lighthouse and Chuck. I feel like Pryce might be rough for my party
>>
Lol, second possible run and I find a full odds shiny. Too bad it's ugly. And a shitmon. And I'm only like 20 minutes till I finish grinding for Red. Still, he's my ugly bastard so I gotta show him to you. Welcome to the box, Uva!
>>
Okay I made it to the league and this is whats left + a chandelure in my party slot. Any advice for the elite 4? I want to salvage this somehow.
ngl when I saw the woobat here >>55813748 I rage quit so thats why its not in the box, not that I was gonna use it anyway.
>>
Red was.... actually kinda easy. Spikemuth took care of Pikachu and baited out Espeon. Medali switched into a Psychic and took the spdef drop, turning a possible 3 more hits into just 2 or even one if a crit happened. Scariest part of the fight for sure. Shadow Ball barely did less than half, but then it did just more, preventing a possible sweep. Snorlax came out... and from what a previous anon said, I thought it'd be best not to switch, but to sacrifice Medali. Striaton, literally countered Snorlax, but Body Slam was dangerously close to killing in the next hit so I prayed and went for a triple kick... hit 2 times, just barely avoiding the KO only to barely survive back. I couldn't risk a miss, so I had to go for a weak rock smash, hoping for a defense drop in preparation for the inevitable Full Restore... which didn't happen? Charizard came out, and while I probably could've switched, it was risky as I had no flying resists for wing attack... which Charizard didn't use, sorry Striaton. Seafolk took care of Charizard and Canalave took care of Venusaur. Blastoise luckily had to go for a blizzard cause sun was up, so Seafolk took that pretty well. Toxic+Giga drain got me pretty far until red hp... to which Red didn't use a full restore (I checked bulbapedia afterwards, and he does???). Lumiose sat and looked pretty the entire time.

Tbh, I think you could comfortably fight gsc Red at 60 as long as you have answers (and willing to sac a few mons), but I'm probably not going to fight him or do Kanto post game stuff again until HG, cause it's waaaay too much grinding if barely anything survives Lance. Still pretty fun.
>>
>>55816316
Inclement Emerald is one, Unbound is another
>>
>>55817576
I'm sure it's gonna be an uphill battle from here. I'm thinking Chandelure, Bisharp, Jellicent and Leavany at the least, an ice type or Haxorus with Dragon Dance for Ghetsis, maybe Crustle if it has Shell Smash or whatever you didn't puck between ice/Haxorus.
>>
>>55818664
Bisharp doesn't evolve until lvl 52 so I can't use it for the elite 4. Its a shame, a good dark type would make things so much easier.
I'm thinking of bringing archeops as well, It has near max attack and speed ivs so with acrobatics and flying gems it should be able to delete at least on mon every fight and then uturn out.

Probably gonna go with Archeops, Crustle Jellicent Chandalure Haxorus and Levanny.
You can swap out mons before you go to the champion so Bisharp, Cofagrigus and Vanniluxe can be backup.
Not too hopeful but I want to at least get to the champion.
>>
Managed to beat the elite 4 but lost Levanny and Crustle.
Going into the final fight with this team.
>>
Lost on the last fucking pokemon. Bisharp and haxorus already died during the N fight so I can't use them.
Can't believe I lost on the final fight two nuzlockes in a row.
oh well, just getting that far after all the loses is a pretty good accomplishment.
>>
>>55819212
Sorry to hear it. I'm guessing you're taling a break?
>>
>>55819212
RIP anon, you did your best
But, if you can make it that far, you can do it again, when or if ever you choose to return to it
>>
>>55818082
Any for Platinum or Black and white?
>>
>>55820272
No
>>
I guess this is what I deserve for feeling optimistic.
Vibrava only lasted a single battle. I was happy it finally evolved after like an hour of biting ghosts and then he immediately got obliterated on his first trainer battle after evolving.
Then I thought the Tate&Liza fight was going to be easy since they only have one mon and I have two Water types with Surf but no. They both survive, Solrock set up Sunny Day, Lunatone got a Special Defense drop on Pelipper and then Tate&Liza started spamming Hyper Potions. It was hell.
>>
>>55820148
Not sure, I've still got the itch for more pokemon but idk about starting another run right away.
Might take a short break.
>>
File: Tiresome.png (753 KB, 1022x731)
753 KB
753 KB PNG
>Done with victory road
>All that's left is to grind ~10 levels for each mon and do elite four
>>
>>55822492
Become a rare candychad
>>
File: Vs Kommo-o.png (1.57 MB, 1600x1514)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB PNG
>>55796629
Caught a Shiny Stunfisk in the Ultra Space Wilds on the way to Necrozma.
>Totem Kommo-o
>Turn 1
Kuroki uses Z-Baneful Bunker to both increase her defense and poison the Totem as it tries to Thunder Punch her.
The totem calls up Noivern as assistance.
>Turn 2
Kommo-o Thunder Punches Kuroki for fairly unimpressive damage, and Noivern's Boomburst doesn't do a ton either.
Venoshock takes out quite a bit of Kommo-o's HP.
>Turn 3
Baneful Bunker blocks any more damage.
>Turn 4
Kommo-o gets a Thunder Punch in and Noivern Screeches at Kuroki, who takes this turn to get back to full health with Recover.
>Turn 5
Baneful Bunker blocks all attempts at damage, and the TOTEM falls to the poison.
>Turn 6
Noivern Screeches at Kuroki, who Venoshocks it.
>Turn 7
Air Slash, answered by Venoshock.
>Turn 8
Boomburst and Recover.
>Turn 9
Boomburst and Venoshock.
>Turn 10
A final Boomburst before Kuroki finally takes Noivern out with Venoshock.

>Necrozma(Dusk-Mane)
Dundee Crunches it thrice as it stupidly uses Morning Sun first turn(outspeeding Dundee) and tries two Night Slashes after.

>Ultra Necrozma
Akane lives a Photon Geyser thanks to Focus Sash and uses Endeavor, then Sucker Punches Ultra Necrozma to win the battle.
>>
>>55823122
Shh you're not supposed to use those
>>
I've never really done a Nuzlocke before, but when just playing regularly I always fight every trainer
But in a Nuzlocke, not only is that not necessary, but it is also risky, because you never know, you could end up losing a Pokemon because you just weren't prepared
So I guess my questions for you guys are,
Do you guys also try to avoid as many trainers as possible?
Do you ever count how many mandatory battles there are in your playthrough and ONLY do those?
Or do you actually still go out of your way to fight everyone?
>>
Any of you tried nuzlocking Inclement? I never played it and I'm thinking about doing a blind run of it. It's either that of Blaze Black Redux.

>>55823945
I play with level caps so unless a mon dies and I gotta replace it, I don't have to do much grinding. I almost always prefer battling everyone in order to grind the least amount possible. The only exceptions are usually Ace Trainers, especially in romhacks, since they can wreck you handily if you're unprepared. I often skip the trainers in victory road just to not tempt fate and risk losing a mon when I'm so close to the goal.
>>
>>55823945
normally I just fight everyone for the xp, and it's part of the challenge too imo. random trainers can often be more dangerous than boss fights cause you can't reasonably prepare for them all. it keeps you on your toes and that's part of the fun for me. that said there are a few trainers I avoid because they're just wack, especially in Gen 5 & 6. like the furfrou double battle just isn't worth it
>>
>>55823945
I'll generally fight every trainer, but sometimes i skip them if it's a tougher battle or i'm close to overleveling.
>>
>>
File: firered3.png (316 KB, 1200x673)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
>>55814394
The most uneventful Nuzlocke i've ever had. Not even a single death to random crits or selfdestructing koffings/voltorbs. Wigglytuff was a really fun mon to use once it learned body slam and i could evolve it so it stopped being to squishy and in constant risk of dying. Always skipped it as a kid since it looked so girly. Onward to Sapphire i guess.
>>
>>55824035
>Any of you tried Nuzlocking Inclement?
I am currently at the tail end of it, having just fought Maxie and Courtney
And let me tell you, Do NOT try it blind, I'm preparing as best I can and I still feel like I'm fighting for my life
It is very fun though, but I would only play the vanilla games blind since trainers in ROM hacks are armed to the teeth
>>
File: sapphire1.png (261 KB, 1200x761)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
>>55824835
2 Gyms down. Irene survived a seismic toss and a 3-hit arm thrust with a sliver of hp left.
>Do you guys also try to avoid as many trainers as possible?
I usually just do all trainer encounters since they are a good source of xp. Only exception might be the Hoenn trainer with a fucking Milotic on that rainy road. You know the one.
>>
I have beaten the fifth gym leader Crasher Wake. First my Pachirisu toom out his Gyarados, then my Roselia took out his Quagsire after using toxic spikes so that when Wake sends out his Floatzel, it gets poisoned, then Pachirisu takes out a already poisoned Floatzel and I win with no casualties.
>>
File: 392.png (169 KB, 475x475)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
Good news, my starter Monferno has evolved into Infernape. Things are going good.
>>
I just lost another pokemon. My Roselia was taken out by a ace trainers Gyarados that knew ice fang on route 210. How am I supposed to know that the Gyarados would know ice fang? The battle was a double battler against two ace trainers and one had a Raichu while the other had a Gyarados, obviously I used my Pachirisu against Gyarados and I sent out Roselia to take out Raichu because grass types resist electric but I was hoping Pachirisu would take out Gyarados before Gyarados could make a move and unfortunately it didn't and my poor Roselia was taken out by an ice fang.

RIP Weed the Roselia. He was one of my stronger pokemons, back when Roselia was a little baby Budew, he took out all of Roarks pokemon all by himself and even as a Roselia, he was pretty useful against Crasher Wake and was able to defeat his Quagsire as well as set up poison spikes so it would be easier for Pachirisu to take out Floatzel.

Now I'm angry.
>>
File: 470.png (137 KB, 475x475)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
After losing Roselia, I decided to go straight to Eterna forest after mourning Roselia and I also went and evolved my Eevee into Leafeon so I now have a grass type to make up for Roselia's demise. I was originally gonna evolve Eevee into a Glaceon but now it's just Leafeon instead and I hope not to lose my Leafeon.

On another note, I named my Eevee Snow Ball because I was gonna evolve it into Glaceon but now that I've evolved it into a Leafeon, it's name doesn't work anymore, what should I name it? Any ideas?
>>
>>55826015
Those fuckers are infamous. They will always screw you up no matter how prepared you are.

>>55826109
Don't change it, its a funny nickname for a Leafeon.
>>
File: 193.png (88 KB, 475x475)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
Since I lost Roselia, it left me with 5 pokemon so I decided to go to the Great Marsh to get a sixth pokemon. I looked through the binoculars and I saw a Croagunk and I decided I want to see if I can try and get one. Instead I ended up encountering a Yanma instead and I was lucky enough to catch it. Though I would of preferred Croagunk over Yanma and I know bug types are not the best, I've never used a Yanma before and I really like Yanmega and Dragonflies so hoping that I don't lose it, Yanmega should be a great addition to my team. I named him Drago.
>>
File: GHAgeqlWkAAIA2B.jpg (132 KB, 1200x675)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>55825135
>>55824035
I'd like to add to this, because I just learned a lesson today: I can't assume that even with a boost, even with the type advantage, that things will work out
In IE, Raichu gets a boost to its Sp Atk with the Light Ball, but not even that was enough to one shot some random optional Aqua Grunt's Muk with Psychic
And I paid the price with its life since Gunk Shot cleanly knocked it out
So in general, when playing any ROM hack, even against random trainers, you can never, never be too certain, even if it seems obvious-- find documentation and calc every move you make
I made it to Archie now at least, and I have a plan, so I just gotta enact it
>>
Alright guys, I'm having a rest for today on my nuzlocke, I am currently in Celestic town and my team consists of Infernape, Bibarel, Pachirisu, Leafeon, Pelipper and Yanma. Any advice for tomorrow? I plan on battling all the trainers that can only be accessed by surf the instant I get the HM for it before going to Iron Island then battling the gym leader.
>>
File: v=I5j15NkWhHo.jpg (552 KB, 1444x964)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>>55826247
The plan was simple:
Swords Dance safely with a Focus Sash, get to 1 HP and drop the hammer down on Archie's entire team with +2 max power Reversal, rack up Speed Boosts along the way to outrun the Swift Swimmers
Not a single priority move, opposing Sash, or Sturdy, only destruction
I'm coming for you next, Juan
>>
>>55826382
what moves are you planning to put on Leafeon? she doesn't learn Leaf Blade until level 71 for some reason, and I don't think she learns any other good physical grass moves. Razor Leaf I guess? I always wanted to use her but couldn't figure out how to make her viable without straight up just hacking Leaf Blade onto her
>>
Got probably the luckiest and rarest encounter I could have in a nuzlocke. First encounter with no need for dupes or champions clause to apply. So WHY, gamefreak, did you make it such a shitmon in it's debut generation??
>>
Defeating Team Aqua and the last Gym leader was surprisingly easy. Roselia and Swalot were completely untouchable and unstoppable.
Getting into the Gym, on the other hand, was probably the most challenging thing in this run so far. I don't know if I had a stroke or something but for the life of me I could not solve the ice puzzle. I literally had to open Paint and start drawing lines over a screenshot and even then, it took me way too long to figure out the correct path.
>>
>>55826412
Magical leaf and giga drain for now. May teach it a grass HM like grass knot or something. Also my Leafeon is a he, the only pokemon I have that's a she is Pachirisu.
>>
>>55826412
>>55826507
Leafeon is one of those mons that does better with no STAB. It has really high attack and gets a bunch of strong and reliable physical TMs. It is not really meant to fill the traditional Grass type role of being a support/special attacker.
>>
File: Mina Trial Start.png (1.59 MB, 1600x1514)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>55823253
Mina's Trial starts!
>Vs Mina
>Mawile
Akane Charms Mawile who misses a Play Rough. Akane then Thunder Waves it, and it gets fully paralyzed.
Akane U-Turns out, letting Ghido in on Play Rough. Earthquake takes it out.
>Ribombee
I swap in Lu Bu(g) on Pollen Puff.
Another Pollen Puff activates Emergency Exit, and Akane gets in safely. Akane gets hit by Pollen Puff before Thunder Waving it. Akane then U-Turns out, letting Kuroki in on Pollen Puff. Ribombee smacks Kuroki with a Psychic, but then melts to Acid Downpour.
>Granbull
I send Dundee in on an Earthquake purely for the Intimidate. I then swap in Ghido in on the Play Rough. Heavy Slam takes out Granbull.

>Vs Ilima
>Gumshoos
Malu Hi Jump Kicks it.
>Komala
And this one too.
>Smeargle
Drain Punch takes it out.

>Vs Mallow
>Trevenant
Malu's Bounce causes a Leech Seed Miss.
Bounce lands and does good damage,
but Horn Leech puts Trevenant out of KO territory and Malu into a possible range for it.
Malu U-Turns out and lets in Akane on Horn Leech. She Charms Trevanant, so the next Horn Leech does very little.Thunder Wave to cripple Trevenant further... but it scores a Horn Leech Crit to put Akane low.
Akane U-Turns into Lu Bu(g), who take a Horn Leech on entry. He pulls out a First Impression and gets Leech Seeded for the trouble. Leech Life finishes off Trevenant.
>Shiinotic
Lu Bu(g) Leech Lifes the shroom, which Moonblasts him. He Leech Lifes again, and the Spore used on him is cured by a Chesto Berry.
Leech Life again leaves Shiinotic at very low health, then Moonblast forces an Emergency Exit. Malu comes back in and U-Turns Shiinotic for the KO, but gets Effect Spored and falls asleep. U-Turn lets Kuroki in.
>Tsareena
Baneful Bunker poisons Tsareena as it tries to Trop Kick. Another Trop Kick, then Venoshock oneshots.
>>
File: Ribombee.png (1.59 MB, 1600x1514)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>55826972
Part 2 of the Trial!
>Kiawe
>Arcanine
Akane Charms Arcanine, who Flare Blitzes in return.
Same happens on the second turn, but Arcanine crits.
I swap in Dundee(Intimidate) on Flare Blitz
One Bulk Up into another Flare Blitz.
Bulldoze finishes Arcanine off.
>Talonflame
Brave Bird puts some hurt on, but Rock Slide takes it out.
>Alolan Marowak
I don't feel comfortable in Dundee's chances to oneshot with Crunch, so I swap in Lu Bu(g) on Flame Wheel.
Annoyingly, Shadow Bone Crits and activates Emergency Exit before Lu Bu(g) can land a hit. I send in Kuroki.
Two turns of Shadow Bone and Scalds, Marowak falls.
>Hiker David's Magmar
I swap in Kuroki, who eventually gets a successful Baneful Bunker off after a bit of nonsense with Sunny Day and Lava Plume, and with that, Venoshock takes Magmar out.

Sophocles
>Togedemaru
It stops Malu's Drain Punch with Spiky Shield.
It then lands a Zing Zap before getting oneshot by Drain Punch.
>Magnezone
Hi Jump Kick oneshots.
>Alolan Golem
Malu U-Turns into Dundee, causing Gigavolt Havoc to Fail.
Bulldoze ends the fight.

>Totem Ribombee
Turn 1
The Totem Quiver Dances, Kuroki Toxics it. Pelipper is called.
>Turn 2
Another Quiver Dance from Ribombee. Pelipper Stockpiles. Venoshock oneshots Ribombee, Merciless guaranteeing crits is so good here(cuts straight through both the Quiver Dances and the Totem boost).
>Turn 3 and 4
Pelipper just keeps stockpiling as it gets Toxic into Venoshock KO'd itself.
>>
>>55826429
You should be asking why they're still doing it like with Vikavolt. Probably perfectly usable, but don't call it fast in the dex if it's actually slower than molasses growing on a summer sunday.
>>
>>55826467
Don't feel too bad, everyone has a brainfart moment every now and then.
>>
File: Hapu.png (1.59 MB, 1600x1514)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB PNG
>>55826994
>Vs Hapu
>Golurk
Ghido Seed Bombs it, and it sets up Stealth Rock. Hapu uses a Hyper Potion, but another Seed Bomb takes Golurk out.
>Gastrodon
Seed Bomb wipes it out.
>Flygon
Flygon hits Ghido with Dragon Breath, and Ghido hits back with Seed Bomb. Another Dragon Breath, and Ghido uses Leech Seed. Flygon's third Dragon Breath Paralyzes Ghido, but Seed Bomb takes it out.
>Mudsdale
I send Dundee in for the Intimidate, but Tectonic Rage still puts Dundee in the red, to my surprise.
I send Akane in on Earthquake.
She Charms the Mudsdale, who puts her at low health with another EQ.
I switch Akane out rather than U-Turning to avoid Stamina. In comes Lu Bu(g) who takes the EQ.
Two turns of Liquidations and Earthquakes follow, before a final Liquidation takes the Mudsdale out.

League next.
>>
File: v=m21vHBeH-xs.jpg (1.24 MB, 2888x964)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>55826396
That went pretty well
First I undid the rain with Sunny Day from Shiftry, then Solar Blade his Politoed to wipe it out
I had to sacrifice Shiftry afterwards to make sure I could still enact the rest of my plans though, but it went down swinging, breaking Kabutops Sash and leaving it in Volt Switch KO range from Plusle
That let me get Milotic in, so I could then adapt to whatever came in next
It was Swampert, so I Mega Evolved Milotic (gets a Mega in this, becomes Water/Fairy and becomes way tankier) and used Protect to figure out what to switch in
Then it was a matter of exchanging blows, switching Gogoat into Swampert and using Leaf Blade, then Assault Vest Scrafty tanked Lapras like a champ
Golisopod switches into Ludicolo and makes a killer first impression, and then it was Juan's big bad Kingdra (also gets a Mega in this, which is pretty much just a stat boost, still having Swift Swim)
I wanted to bait in Draco Meteor to get Milotic in safely to be extra mega safe, so I switched Plusle in after (whose Sash was still in tact) then to Milotic, and two Moonblasts won the day
That's it for the Gym Leaders... so now, all that awaits is Victory Road, then the Pokemon League
>>
File: yanmega.jpg (52 KB, 535x409)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Good news. My Yanma has evolved into a Yanmega. He looks so cool.
>>
God damn. I just lost my Bibarel to a workers Magmar in Fuego Ironworks. I thought Bibarel could win because it has the type advantage but it got confused by the Magmar and kept attacking itself, I didn't think to heal Bibarel even when his HP was down below half because I thought he could atleast take the fire attacks and Magmar killed him with a powerful fire punch. I feel like that's fault and I could of prevented his death.

RIP Dam Nigga the Bibarel. He will be remembered for being taught Rock Smash and Surf and helping me smash boulders that are in my way and carrying me across bodies of water but he will mostly be remembered for the offensive name I gave him.
>>
>>55826507
Magical leaf and giga drain are worthless on leafeon. If you can't get razor leaf I would go with other abilities.
>>
File: confus.gif (1.45 MB, 332x332)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB GIF
Do the fossils from Hoenn count as being from the desert route or from Rustboro city where they are revived?
>>
>>55830067
The met location in the summary says the city
>>
>>55830067
Rustboro
>>
File: sapphire2.png (359 KB, 1200x935)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>55825595
Had a lapse in judgement and sent out Rina, the Electrike against a random fisherman only to catch a magnitude 10 to the face from a barboach. Forgot that thing was part ground. Currently having a training arc before facing my dad. Really need to champion Dustox and or Beatifly this run because i keep missing Shroomish at the Petalburg woods and i really want that mon for one of these runs.
>>
>>55830364
That fisherman really just said "Fuck your Electrike."
>>
Whew, that was certainly a battle... I guess. Will really stomped me especially since I thought Crobat would be able to take an ice punch (which it did) and also OHKO Jynx with Fly (it did not). Apparently it's only 90bp in later gens... embarrassing that it took this long to figure out. Karen was also scary but apparently her Houndoom didn't feel like using pursuit on a red health mon this time. Lance was.... requiring some luck, but I honestly doubt there are few pokemon in johto that can solo his team at a lower level. I had planned for gengar to do that with her punches... but Whitney's strategy works too since all the rollouts hit. I said I wasn't gonna do red again this gen, but since five team members survived Lance instead of just one, I think I'll go for it.
>>
Doing a Moon nuzlocke, and my Alolan Grimer just died figting Hau.
Do I put my new Mudbray, or Roggenrola? I havent used either before.
My team is Brionne, Makuhita, Pichu, Cutiefly and Trumbeak, at lvl 18.
>>
File: sapphire3.png (411 KB, 1200x978)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
>>55830364
Survived Norman but lost some mons again. Jillian died to Normans Vigoroth even after intimidate lowered it's attack. Gelato got hit by a counter after a Breloom survived a sludge with a sliver of health remaining.
Don't really have a good counter to Winonas dragondancing earthquake spamming Altaria. My starter knows ice beam but think he gets outsped by pretty much every mon Winona has. Plan right now is to lead with Sarim on a suicide run and then follow with my starter. If all else fails i have fake out & Rock tomb on Maru and protect & toxic stall on Nax. Surely it can't take all of them down... right?
>>
>>55831610
Wouldn't Guts Facade work? Specially if you can bait an Earthquake with the Voltorb.
>>
>>55831632
Good idea. I'm training in the fiery path so may as well give Irene some slight burns while i'm at it
>>
The Wally fight was unexpectedly hard. Everything was going well until Gardevoir landed a crit + Special Defense drop on Luna and then started Calm Minding when I switched. At least Wailord managed to do enough damage for Gardevoir to die to a Quick Attack.
Luckily, there is not much grinding to do before the E4. I may replace Wailord with Kyogre.
>>
>>55831610
Only loss ended up being Sarim who took down Swellow and then got a crit selfdestruct off taking the Altaria with him. Morough and Irene whittled the remaining Pelipper and Skarmory down. Not usually fan of tactics like these but the crit was pretty damn tasty. RIP in pip.
>>
>>55831578
Are you capable of trading to evolve Boldore? If so, Gigalith beats out Mudsdale in attack and defense and evolves quicker, but the latter has more HP and is slightly quicker.
>>
>>55784108
>Got a Rare Drop on a LeafGreen nuzlocke for the first time in Pikachu
>Its defense is so bad I can barely put it on the field without a quick attack threatening lethal on it.
Man that sucks. I thought Pikachu was going to be much better.
>>
>>55833162
I've tried using Pikachu in three seperate runs of different games (X ORAS with Cosplay Pikachu, and Yellow), and barring Yellow i benched it pretty quickly. It's just not that good unless you have a Light Ball.
>>
>>55833378
I'm trying to use one in SM right now and I have to agree, I'm really close to ditching it but I wanted to try A-Raichu.
on the other hand a Minun was the MVP of my ORAS nuzlocke, even though it's pretty trash on paper
>>
>>55833400
Once you get to alolan raichu its pretty good. Still squishy af but super fast and good movepool.
>>
I kept the Mudbray, Stamina is such a good ability.
What level should I evolve my Pikachu? I gave it Volt Tackle and the Pikashunizum, but she's so fragile I never use her. Do I wait for Thunderbolt? I just beat Olivia, and she's level 26.
>>
File: riolu.jpg (79 KB, 743x798)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
After losing Bibarel, I decided to go all the way to Iron Island, I used repel so I didn't encounter any wild pokemon and I got given an egg by Riley. That egg has finally hatched into a Riolu that I named Anubis. Riolu is only level 1 so it will take time for it to catch up with the others.
>>
>>55834224
I thought eggs were encounters for the place they hatched?
Not like you usually get more than 1 in each game.
>>
>>55834035
Are you willing to settle for Discharge at Lv 34? That could hold you over until Thunderbolt, which you can get after getting Machamp Shove (so on the fourth island)
>>
>>55834240
Doesn't matter anymore.
One shot my first Pyukumuku.
And then got one shot by Innards Out.
Reaaaaally wish I had read its ability first. I just assume it was like Aftermath.
Now I hatched my Eevee egg and evolved it into an Umbreon.
>>
>>55834239
I don't know, I just decided that the rule is eggs are for the place you get them in.
>>
>>55834239
Well technically my egg hatched in Canalve city and I didn't encounter any pokemon their anyway so I'm good.
>>
>>55834310
Which means you should still be able to get something else at Iron Island
Might as well, right?
>>
>>55834310
Which is why gifted eggs (like starters) shouldn't count for locations (as long as you only pick one, but that's only relevant for crystal and oras postgame). Like for kanto, johto, unova2, and alola, you wouldn't restrict yourself from the (mainly fishing) encounters in the starting area just cause you got your starter from there.
>>
File: 448-1.png (88 KB, 475x475)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
After some annoying amount of grinding, Riolu has finally evolved into Lucario.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.