[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vm/ - Video Games/Multiplayer

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are basements and sewers really gonna be a game changer?
>>
>>1277772
>sewers
have they said theres gonna be an extensive network or anything? I dont even remember seeing sewers mentioned in the devblogs but unless you can use them as an alternate conspicuous traversing method they wont change anything
>basements
adding some RNG to the world is interesting from a looting/replayability standpoint, but I dont see them being practical from a basing standpoint
its better to have windows to be able to jump out of in an emergency than a base with a single way out. Not sure what to expect from the non randomized basements.
>>
Previous
>>1156178
>>
>>1277772
who cares about that? i can't wait for the fishing rework, my favourite activity in any game
>>
>>1278012
I have never enjoyed fishing minigames in any game
Fishing was very OP before since it was really just a time check so I support adding a minigame that makes it less braindead, but I probably will never fish again
>>
[SPOILER] asdfasd [/spoiler]
>>
>>1277772
>basements and sewers
They're just gonna copy the way CDDA did it and call it a day imo.
>>
How did an indie game get shilled so much? This game is almost shilled more than Binding of Isaac was in 2019
>>
>>1278424
>unique game that doesn't really have any competition on the market
>in development for 10+ years, one of the very first early access games
>after several delays and years of waiting, finally gets an update that makes multiplayer compatible with the most recent patch
>immediately blows up as youtubers pick it up
>thousands of new players flood in
>game becomes a FOTM
there's your reason, it also has a very rabid fanbase that defends the retarded developers no matter how much bullshit comes out of their mouth
>>
>>1278424
We're on a dead thread on one of the deadest board. Where's this shilling you're talking about?
>>
Dire need for an update. Fuck you, Lemmy.
>>
>>1278228
>I probably will never fish again
Same, it being just a time check is much better than the shit they want to make. It's a zombie game, i'd rather spend more time doing something related than having to waste more time in some really boring and simple minigame.
>>1278424
all indies are extremely memed because either most buyers don't play them for more than 10 hours, mod them into a bloatfest or don't play them at all and just watch them on youtube.
Tell anyone that you hate modern games and he will just reply:
>just play indie games bro
ask them what games and they will always repeat the same 5 most popular games, god bless the autist that recommends something different and actually unknown by anyone that wasn't born 12 years ago
>>
>>1277772
Kill yourself coomer
>>
>>1279044
Build 42 coming 2030, trust the plan.
>>
>>1277772
>game changer
not really. more map changes wont fix the underlying problems with the game.
>>
File: Zomboid stairs.jpg (204 KB, 900x1279)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
Any servers running a different map than knox county?
>>
>>1279097
what did greg coomer ever do to you
>>
File: file.jpg (798 KB, 1169x826)
798 KB
798 KB JPG
>>1277772
no /vm/ server?
>>
>>1279859
been tried hundreds of times. Generally ppl can't agree on the settings/mods/rules and there isn't enough chan interest in the game anymore so the results are low pop serbs that are usually 2-5 ppl co op which die two weeks in.

So the general is more of a waiting room for the next update.
>>
>>1280883
unlucky, guess i do some solo stuff until this winter when b43 comes out
>>
File: anime.png (323 KB, 503x596)
323 KB
323 KB PNG
>>1277772
these chinese/korean/japanese hot women player model mods should be mandatory for every server and include the sex mod
>>
File: 1713378448064115.png (233 KB, 1386x1397)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>Activities like preparing a sandwich or making a nailed baseball bat logically require a handy surface to perform the work. The way it’s being implemented – any logical surface will do (tables, counters etc) but this sort of crafting will no longer be possible while standing in the middle of the street with zombies approaching.
This sound retarded. So what, I can have a hammer, nails and a baseball bat but because I'm not next to a table I can't do it? This the most rudementary "crafting" a person can do, you can do on the ground or on top of a fence or car bonnet.
>need a table to make a sandwich
While we do use tables and plates in real life it's not like it can't be done without it. This is just stupid. Counters and tables should just make it faster, or rather, make it a lot slower without it. And your character should just automatically use a surface
>>
>>1281736
The logical assumption is that youll have to sit down on the ground to do those actions without a counter
Whether they actually did something logical or not idk
>>
>>1279859
From what i've heard, it just devolves into petty dramafaggotry and people fighting over what mods to add, i don't remember any of them allowing cracked players so not my problem
>>
>>1280883
I miss back when b42 just released and we had a bunch of populated servers back to back.
Remember that server with the sex mod?
>>
>>1281739
They wont do that because PZ is dogshit nowadays.
>>
>>1287638
>nowadays
>>
File: 1690470727044158.gif (134 KB, 561x394)
134 KB
134 KB GIF
>>1287768
early zomboid was kino and dare i say it, soul
this was the before times, before lemmy grew his planet sized ego and embraced social manipulation
>>
>>1287895
It was kino until everyone got bored of how unfinished and broken the game is, now everyone is mad that the development still progresses at a glacial pace despite the devs turning into millionaires and hiring a bunch of new people
>>
>>1279094
>waste more time in some really boring and simple minigame.
agreed. they dont seem to realize people dont like green bar fill not because its not some shitty minigame but because its not interesting in the first place.
>>
>>1287636
whats a time traveler doing here
>>
>>1289959
I could not care less
>>
>>1279859
Shame, I literally came here for this.
>>
>>1290442
you are two years late I'm afraid
the 4chan zomboid community slowly withered and died as it became evident that the next update was still years away
>>
We are in a better state than 7 days to die. Somehow.
>>
>>1289959
Not the place for it, dipshit. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>1289963
>>1290828
lemmy pls go
>>
Bros I'm so sad. All those hours exercising my character, grinding skills, building a base, gone. Level 9 aiming, level 9 long blunt, crates and crates of ammo. I had cleared out so many places in LV only to get insta killed while on an easy run. Bit straight through all my armour AND my thick skin perk and took 100% of my health. Literally just checked that room and shouted and I'm normally always so careful

RIP
>>
>>1291428
That's always how they get you, when you're least expecting it.
>>
>>1291428
skill issue
>>
>>1291428
deserved for walking around like a clueless retard
>>
>>1291428
Now you know why playing a shitty unfinished game with permadeath is a stupid idea
>>
>>1291428
since when do bites just fucking one shot you what the hell
>>
>>1281581
I would play a server with this on
>>
>>1294118
in sandbox you can put infection = instant death
>>
>>1294118
>>1294415
It was normal settings. I think they must of bit me on the head at the same time or it was a glitch
>>
File: 1713894386405277.jpg (42 KB, 612x448)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>1291428
>>1294118
>>1294488
>3 unshovable zombies phased into eachother one shot you.
Minor skill issue. Be better next time or however the indie roguelike goes
>>
>>1294488
Zombies have a chance to crit. A neck bite or something like that could cause the insta-kill bullshit.
>>
how bad is a vanilla multiplayer PZ server
no mods
no nothing
just PZ
since no one can agree on what mods how about no mods
>>
>>1295062
Everyone holes up in a house with all the food and ammo they're ever gonna need within 5 hours, server dies in a week.
If you enable PvP the server dies at the 6 hour mark since PvP is a shitshow
>>
>>1295062
>no mods
Dead on arrival dogshit server.
>no one can agree on mods
Yes, we can agree. The only faggots who endlessly complain about mods being added don't ever join any server (niggers also complain about the server not being open to cracked copies), they didnt' even join the vanilla server back when we had a modded one and a vanilla one on the OP.
Just post a list and ignore the bloatfag whiners
>>
File: 1705317635970.jpg (40 KB, 480x640)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
Isn't like Cataclysm better than this game in every way?
>>
>>1291428
This is why I always lure zombie out to open field.
>>
>>1295340
Is it really so hard to not download 50 car mods and 100 cheat mods? Skill issue journal? OP melee weapons everywhere? Faster this? Easier that? Shit server

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.