[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: DSC_0140.jpg (557 KB, 1366x908)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
What are the most beautiful places in Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales?
>>
File: Feature-e1566161123286.jpg (115 KB, 1200x650)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>2651173
Isle of Skye looks pretty cool nature wise
>>
>>2651173
Ireland: not sure never been

Scotland: pretty much the whole north and west of the country, particularly:
>Outer hebrides
>Skye
>St Kilda
>Orkney
>Shetland
>West Highlands
>Loch Lomond

Wales:
>Snowdonia
>Pembrokeshire coast
>Anglesey
>Brecon Beacons

England:
>Cornwall/Devon/Dorset coastline
>Northumberland/Yorkshire coastline
>Cotswolds
>Chalk cliffs in Kent/Dover
>Lake District
>Peak District
>North York Moors
>>
>>2651173
Anywhere that isn't literally a major urban centre is usually at least quite nice. The only exception I can actually think of is the East of England, even then it is just flat and boring rather than unattractive. Central Ireland is bland too.

When people moan about the british isles it's due to the deleterious effect globohomo has had on the towns and cities, not the countryside, yet

>>2651190
Skye is a great spot to visit if you want to look at pretty things. You can spend a fortnight going "wow that's nice". There are only a few spots that get busy in peak season, which are normie attractions like the fairy pools (kino despite the crowds) etc. Anywhere else is quiet and if it needs anything more than a short walk to access from parking it'll be deserted.

Old man of storr (picrel) can be busy as there's a giant car park round the corner. Get up very early like photographers do and you get it more or less to yourself

only problem is getting there - you really need a car and it's a long drive from anywhere you'd arrive by plane. You can hire a car from Kyle of Lochalsh rail station if you have deep pockets
>>
>>2651278
>>Northumberland/Yorkshire coastline
do you have any recommendations in particular to see?
>>
File: north-yorkshire.gif (11 KB, 320x230)
11 KB
11 KB GIF
>>2651721
>>
>>2651278
I'd add Portmeirion and the Gower to Wales and the Yorkshire Dales (and by extension Knaresborough and Richmond) to England.
>>
>>2651778
i went to whitby unknowingly on the biannual goth weekend
there are some stereotypical things of a british seaside town like things for kids to guilt their parents into wasting money on for them. it has one of the famous contenders of best fish and chips shop The Magpie Cafe, it was nice, but i dont think i'd wait in a long line if there were other places with seating available. line wasnt so bad when i went tho.
whitby has a nice ruined abbey overlooking the town - costs money to enter tho its part of english heritage charity.
i dont know if english heritage sites have reciprocal membership entrances but there is another organization the national trust that preserve some historical sites - from majority of europe and former uk colonies and a few more first world countries if you have an equivalent national trust membership it works internationally.

went to one of the nearby villages, i think it was robin hood's bay - don't accidentally drive down the hill its a one lane both way steep hill road with traffic .
maybe it was staithes tho.

dont know many specific places of interior north york moors, but Rievaulx Abbey looks cool. ravenscar looks like nice coastline hiking.
>>
>>2651278
>>snowdonia
Eryri
>>Brecon beacons
Bannau brycheiniog
Thanks
>>
>>2652442
Sorry I don't speak retarded sheep
>>
>>2652617
You don’t need to. I don’t speak French yet I know it’s called Mont Blanc not white mountain :)
>>
>>2652626
>90% of welsh people will say Snowdon or Brecon Beacons, pipe down
>>
>>2652658
u ever called an office in wales that has an automated answering machine that talks for 1min in welsh before answering in english to see u have the right number
>>
>>2652658
Nice stat pulled straight out your arse
>>
>>2652658
>>2652676
Honestly most welsh people do say snowdon or brecon beacons when speaking English , it’s very a sad mark of English colonization. But the patriotic ones still say Yr Wyddfa
t. Welsh first language
>>
>>2652677
No where near 90%. I don’t give a fuck if it’s 99% change will never happen if u make excuses
>>
File: 1621724311676.png (407 KB, 510x399)
407 KB
407 KB PNG
what are the best national parks/hiking trails to get to in NW England/north Wales by train/bus?
>>
>>2651173
Cliffs of Moher
>>
>>2651721
>>>Northumberland/Yorkshire coastline
>do you have any recommendations in particular to see?
you need to go to the area in pic related
it's still properly wild and windswept up there. like here be dragons
alnwick (centre-right on the picture) is most famous for the bookshop where they discovered the keep calm and carry on poster a few years ago
lots of romantic ruins, ancient monuments, stuff like that. lots of weird people and strange folklore too
>>
>>2651173
Literally any mountain range is super cool to stay at and camp or live in some farmer's shed
>>
>>2652682
lake district is accessible by rail, you might need to deal with buses or taxis. the classic wainwright routes are about as good as it gets in England. not so sure about wales, only been up snowdon which was good (although how unprepared normies were for an actual mountain was hilarious)
>>
File: IMG_5711.jpg (3.45 MB, 4032x3024)
3.45 MB
3.45 MB JPG
Isle of Barra, Hebrides, Scotland.
>>
>>2656205
Dammit. These fuckers never want to print straight up.
>>
File: tresco-abbey-gardens.jpg (883 KB, 800x800)
883 KB
883 KB JPG
Tresco Abbey Gardens in the Isle of Scilly
>>
Maybe on the 3 days a year when it's not overcast and raining
>>
>>2656205
We had an anon a while back going all the way to Barra to visit his ancestral castle. Is that you

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.