[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (8).jpg (24 KB, 231x218)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
What to do in Indonesia?
Where would you go and what would you do if you were there for a few weeks?
>>
i would go to bali and network with the other digital nomads
>>
Jakarta nightlife? It's raw and real enough to filter the richfag foreign paypigs. Hit the pavement after dark and listen for the thump-thump. From what I've heard it's what Metro Manila used to be.
>>
>>2641994
Not OP but I am currently figuring out how long I want to visit Indonesia and to start buying plane tickets since I will be stopping into Philippines first.
>Arrive Philipines June 14th
>Flight back home is August 2nd
My current plan is the follows for general areas
Jakarta
>Five days
>Nightlife mostly/networking
Bandung
>3 days
>Hotsprings/Tea Plantation
Yogyakarta
>5 days+
>Temples and shit
East Java (Surabaya / Kawah Ijen)
>5 days
>Distances/Hiking/Resting needed etc
Bali
>5 days
>bali shit
That leaves me with about 7 more days on my VISA without having to run it. Anything I broadly missed on this circuit I have planned out? Or areas I should devote my time to? My flight out of Indonesia would go from Bali back to Manila to meet friends again.
>>
>>2641994
>>2643657
Was just there in December. Jakarta is indeed a good time after dark. Roof top bars and patios especially have a great vibe with musicians, food, and drinks. There are also the usual places masquerading as hotels where for not much you can much and with two. I would add Flores and Labuan Bajo to the list the other poster recommended. If you are into ocean stuff like diving and snorkeling it is great spring board. There are checp flights from Jakarata that also connect to Bali. Also has the dragons and killer sunsets. I would also recommend a train trip on Java. It had so much vibes sliding in from Jakrta to Yogya. By the station in the latter was a great cafe run by the railroad with good food and coffee. Speaking of which if you are into coffee, all over the place are typically small roasters with a wine list of different beans to try. Highly recommended. I ended up taking back a bunch in seal packs to convulse with back home. If you are going to go to Borobudur, book a ticket ahead. They limit numbers per day to only a few at certain times. You get souvenir slippers as well which are super comfortable and made from banana leaves.
>>
>>2643665
So I thought for a second and inverted my trip. I am going to go from Manila to Bali and have 7 days set for Bali. That would be more than enough time for Bali so from there I can plan an island trip to Komodo National Park or maybe Flores. Then from there to Surabaya and doing Kawah Ijen to introduce me to the breadth of beauty Indonesia has. So 23 Days on Java, 7 days in Bali and surrounding Area. Regarding the stuff about the train.. Thats definitely how I will be getting around Java. I had heard an anon mention the good quality train service out of Jakarta. Coffee is also one of my big things so I am highly interested in that and tea plantations etc while I am there. Do you have any recommendations for a coffee plantation to visit? I know Bandung has a popular tea plantation/day trip backage that is run. The way I have it set up now is I will end up with whatever remaining time of the trip in Jakarta to do nightlife/relax a bit. Definitely want to do some more rooftop bars/premium lux experiences this trip compared to last year.
>>
>>2643668
I went to a plantation but really it is just the beans. The roasters in most of the cities are where it is at.
>>
>>2644111
I guess that makes sense, most of the plantation lots would be small family ones and not gigantic organized estates bulk producing and the beans would be sent green anyways.
>>
>>2641959
Spent 5 weeks in Indonesia this year. Let me know if you need any tips for Maluku or the Banda Sea.

Skip Java and Bali.
>>
wow, whan an absolutely insufferable bunch of cunts
guess indonesia is off the list
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (762 KB, 2160x1440)
762 KB
762 KB JPG
>>2641959
Lan in Jakarta, look around the city, enjoy the nightlife etc. Take train to Bandung and see nearby volcano then move on to Borobudur and Prambanan Temple. Go from there to nearby city of Yogyakarta a historic capital with lots of local culture, spend a few days there before checking out some of the remote beaches and fishing villages on the south coast of Java. Beautiful beaches, friendly locals and hardly any western tourists, unlike Bali. Then I would make my way to Surabaya and check out that area for a few days before travelling by boat and land to Bali. After Bali I would check out the neighbouring island of Lombok which is less touristy but has lots of natural beauty (picrel). Then II would go back to Bali and get a cheap flight with Citilink to Dili, East Timor. It's only a two hour flight and usually quite cheap. That way you can say you have been to this small SEA country that not many people know about and check out some of the beaches and places there. It's not very developed though and there's not a great deal to do so probably 1 or 2 nights max is enough. Then just take the return flight to Denpasar and fly towards home from there, if you are flying into Jakarta then you can fly to Jakarta via Denpasar.
>>
You guys have really good local restaurant recs? Budget is about 235k IDR per pax - I doubt any recs are even going to be that expensive, but I don't want a sit-down restaurant that is TOO fancy, just somewhere I can take my friend that is going to seriously impress him that I know about it. I want to find something that's local, maybe a Mom and Pop shop, but has food leagues above what you'd normally find as a tourist.
>>
>>2641959
bemp
>>
>>2641959
Everyone in this thread,
without any coercion, really sold the fuck out of Jakarta. Might have to go.
>>
>>2641959
How does Jakarta compare to Thailand in terms of “cultural nonchalance”? Can I just bumble around solo and not be harassed accosted or pestered beyond the occasional hawker?
>>
File: 1662168848856844.jpg (101 KB, 1024x1024)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>2641959

> met an Indonesian chick on a chat site
> first we talked about her job (middle class professional in Jakarta), then she started flirting with me
> eventually things got heated and she sent me intimate pictures
> we've been talking for the past month now, I've confirmed she's real, she videochats with me, and our conversation cycles from funny, serious, to erotic
> she's been open about her exes, the last one cheated on her and she wasn't happy, says she only gets intimate with guys she has feelings for
> I've been open about my lack of relationships, and she's always saying things to let me know she cares, asking me how I am, she says I'm hot and she likes getting me out of my reserved shell and showing my inner freak to her
> there's been a few times she got pissed at me, usually because she thought I was talking about another girl, then the anger leaves quickly
> She wants me to come to Indonesia, she even said she'd rent out a place next to hers with her own money so we could stay together and wants to show me around

I know she might want a green card, a kid or whatever out of me, but with the way she talks to me, I truly don't know if she's trying to take advantage of me or if she's genuinely a crazy bitch who's looking for a man. At any rate, I'm 29, she's 26, I live alone in a place with few dating opportunities, and my PhD is making shit lonelier... I might just take the bait and say fuck it for the adventure, what say you?
>>
>>2650475
>what say you?
this is a travel board, sir
>>
>>2650477

Not trying to talk about sex tourism, and meeting other people abroad is a major part of travel. So what say you?
>>
>>2650483
>seeking relationship advice on a travel board with the only connection being the country
>So what say you?
Ask another board
>>
>>2650486

No
>>
>>2650475
Just do it. She's obviously crazy or trying to take advantage of you in some way or another, but who cares. You only live once.
>>
>>2650528

Maybe, maybe... witnessing my best friend break up with his toxic babymama really tries that mindset though
>>
>>2641994
Read: shitty and disconnected. There isn't a decent nightlife district you can just walk around in and vibe, its scattered all over the place so an evening out means taxi rides and annoying walking distances.

Sure you can go to a brothel and fuck sex trafficked minors from the province but that's pretty fucking lame and evil. Actually having a good time and legit meeting people is a pain in the ass in that city.
>>
>>2652615
I had a good time checking out rooftop bars and cafes. Some good food, some had music, and people were cool to hang out with and chat with. The """"hotels"""" are worth checking out just for the experience. The rest of the city is pretty crap. Only thing it is good for is a rail and air hub to get to some of the other places on the island or in other parts of the country that are worth seeing.
>>
>>2652615
>>2652647
Part of the issue is probably knowledge about locations? I imagine there are certain neighborhoods specialized for entertainment but aren't all listed on Google maps with reviews etc.
>>
>>2650475
why most of western men are so retarded? look at red flags
>middle class professional in Jakarta
>she's been open about her exes
>says she only gets intimate with guys she has feelings for, kek, that must be a long list
>she's 26

>I know she might want a green card
no you retard, she is a roastie that is hitting the wall and wants to secure a husband ASAP
you can have fun but beware that the moment she notices she is being pumped and dumped things will go to shit very quickly

if you are lonely and want a serious relationship, look for a young virgin from small towns
>>
>>2653162
More desperate than retarded honestly
>>
>>2653162

I'm an autist and I don't know much about this stuff and I've never been in a relationship, I used the chat site for the first time in years when I was bored and it all just happened. I didn't know that they want a husband that badly over there, I thought that was mostly an East Asian thing... she's pretty clingy over messages, asking me small questions to keep the conversation going and she's asked me a few times why I haven't responded. I wouldn't mind a girl being that way with me as much or even being a bit older if I could trust that she's not doing this with other guys, but of course I can't do that and she's a 30 hour flight away from me. She seems kinda BPD desu, though I don't think she's lying that she's gotten cheated on by the way she talks to me
>>
>>2653203

It's a strange time in my life right now. I'm as old as my father was when he conceived my older sister, and I have a few years until I'm the age when he conceived me. I still don't know if I'm going monk mode for life or if I'll say fuck it like my best friend and knock a chick up, and I don't have a lot of time to make a decision. At the same time, I've personally seen what happens when men are impulsive with having children with the wrong woman, how life can be hell for the father and the children. It all seems like a big joke sometimes

> and this chick LOVES talking dirty about getting knocked up too lol
>>
>>2653643
dont rush it dude, you are not your father. you can still make kids in your 50s

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.