[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/trv/ - Travel

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 8192 KB.
  • Images greater than 10000x10000 pixels are not allowed.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1578314737818.jpg (141 KB, 1024x828)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>at a bar in Thailand
>Americans sitting next to me
>they start discussing the "tipping culture" in Thailand
>Mutt #1 says he always tips 20 baht minimum, up to 20% for good service
>other says 25%

Holy fuck Americans. Can you not go anywhere without ruining literally everything?
>>
>>2640994
>tipping culture
Not reading the rest of this worthless foreign drivel
>>
Americans are so rich they can just give money away to poor brown people wherever they go, and this makes europoors and asian hive bugs seethe.
>>
I tip in the Philippines but only at restaurants. Usually 100 pesos.
>>
>>2640999
>tipping 100 pesos
If not bait you are a complete retard.
>>
>>2641001
What am I supposed to tip, 200 pesos? 100 is a lot relative to what they are making each day and 50 or lower would just be insulting.
>>
>>2641004
No you moron. You don't need to tip at all. 100pesos is too much in any case. The price is the price. You don't need to add more money because you feel bad for their brown skin color, you condescending imbecile
>>
How much a niggercattle golem do you need to be to retain your jewish programming after moving away from that shit?

THERE. IS. NO. SUCH. THING. AS. TIPPING. OUTSIDE. OF. SHITHOLE. USA.
>>
>>2641006
I tip because I want to. Because I can. Like >>2640998 said. Stinky stingy europoors could never. Of course if the service was shit I won't give them anything.
>>
>>2640994
>>2640999
Do the servers actually keep the tip? I heard managers or bosses take it.
>>
>>2641010
We asked some before and they said they do. In the US this is illegal of course. I think it should be illegal here too but thirdies have other shit to worry about.
>>
>>2641013
My post wasn't clear, I meant the workers said they can keep the tips.
>>
>>2641017
Stay mad poorfag. Your purchasing power is so weak that it doesn't even translate to developing nations.
>>
>>2641009
>I tip because I want to
You tip because you're programmed to. Because you're brainwashed into feeling fear and anxiety of social shaming if you don't.

That's all. Don't pretend it's anything but niggercattle herd animal anxiety that prompts you to spill extra money from your wallet.

I was once like you but I deprogrammed myself and broke free, and am not even a US citizen anymore. Being born and raised American gives me unique insight I to how fucking depraved and disgusting you faggots really are.

>I want to give people more money, for no good reason

No you don't. You don't feel good when you tip. You just feel bad when you don't, like you think you made a boo boo. Uh oh woopsie poopsie I didn't do the thing and now I have the ouchie feelsies:(

That's all. It's your niggercattle programming. Also, you're fat. Fat american people often tip excessively out of shame, as if apologizing for being fat in the presence of others.

I agree with that sentiment but it shouldn't be a tip to staff, but a direct constant payment to everybody around you charged by the second until you leave the premises. Fuck you.
>>
>>2641018
There is nothing more poorfag than frivolous spending, which is whay tipping is the prime example of.

>I pay extra money to brown people to alleviate my shame

Peak American behavior and mindset. Did you know in the USA the government actually pays you to be a far mentally ill retard?

It's true. Obesity can be a disability and then you pair it with mental illness and then just collect money from the government for existing as a far retarded fuckup.

It explains a lot.
>>
File: 1676315171381146.png (212 KB, 388x360)
212 KB
212 KB PNG
>>2641020
>>2641021
>>
>>2641021
I lived in the Philippines financed by neetbux from the US for years. I bet that pisses you off doesn't it? At the end of the day regardless of how I get my money I end up with more than the locals and I can throw it around without a care if I want. Tipping someone the equivalent of less than $2 does little to change my financial situation. The wait staff at the places I frequent do remember me though. The difference between that situation in the US and here is that in the US they're faking it because they're hoping they will get a good tip out of you. Here when they see me they're happy because they know they get a nice addition to their tiny daily salary.
>>
File: 112213.jpg (182 KB, 1832x641)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>2640994
Mutts over here tipping 2 days wages to fucking maids

The insanity must stop
>>
>>2641027
If you think hard about why you're actually doing it it's not as altruistic as you think
>>
>>2640994
Mutts and their unchecked savior complex are more detrimental to travel than the Chinese hordes.
>>
>>2641054
It's not like they're going to be offended that I'm giving them money. They have always appreciated it. I know some of the other foreigners around can act like entitled pricks to restaurant staff that are overworked and underpaid. I am showing them I appreciate their work. It's not just the tip but also not ordering them around like they are my slaves. I'm sure they would rather see me walk in the door than grandpa sanduphisass who will bitch them out.
>>
>>2641057
yes but grandpa sanduphisass isn't contributing to inflation like you are.

Go to any tourist area and the prices are higher precisely because they know people like you can afford to pay more and will. Grandpa sanduphisass is a hard bargainer. You are a NEET flexxing his ill-gained buxx
>>
>>2641059
They aren't going to raise the prices because I tipped them. Especially considering most people going to establishments are Filipinos. I don't hang around tourist areas too often. Only when I need to be in those places. The service tends to be more shitty when there are a lot of tourists around. They won't give you any special treatment for being white in that kind of place.
>>
Of all the traveler behaviors to seethe about lmao
>AAAAAHHHHHHH STOP PAYING MORE THAN YOU'RE EXPECTED TO FOR THINGS I'M GOING INSANE
>>
>>2640999
>100 pesos donation
That's as much as a sit-down meal costs, unless you're getting price-gouged at a fancy place AND tipping the cost of an entire meal on top of that.
>>
>>2641067
Some of us enjoy living in civilized countries where we aren't compelled to pay server's wages since their incredibly Jewish bosses refuse to pay them instead.

Some of us don't want to re-create, step-by-step, the same cancerous tipping culture in the USA, where you have to worry about servers poisoning your food if you don't pay them 25% for handing you a plate.
>>
>>2641063
>service tends to be more shitty in tourist areas unless you look like someone who hands out free money
hmm, wonder why?
>>
>>2641071
>American: thanks for the service, here's a little extra for you
>Thai: thank you sir
>Euroid: NOOOOOOOOO I DON'T CONSENT TO THIS STOP IT STOP BEING GENEROUS
>>
>>2641074
>be American
>create tipping culture
>don't tip
>permanently paranoid about returning to the scene of the crime because they may spit in your food

you reap what you sow
>>
>>2641076
>AAAAAHHHHHHH IT'S DEFINITELY THIS CONTRIVED FICTIONAL SCENARIO I'M SEETHING ABOUT AND NOT JUST ANYTHING AMERICANS DO AND REPRESENT
>>
>>2640994
Honestly I came out hating Americans more when I traveled
>>
>>2641139
they really are the worst people on earth

almost no redeemable qualities
>>
Living overseas made me realize just how fucking disgusting Americans are. Evil people. Evil country.
>>
>>2641159
>Evil people. Evil country.
You lost the war, Hans.
>>
>>2641151
I agree. Disgusting group of people. Every American who visits my country is always asking retarded shit like "UMMM CAN I HAVE BACON ON MAH BURGAH" and harrassing poor waiters and waitresses.

>>2641161
No one likes Americans :)
>>
>>2640994
>>2641006
>>2641020
>>2641021
>>2641049
>>2641055
>>2641071
Have you tried being generous instead of Jews for once in your life. Seething about paying the servers an extra $0.50 USD because the owner might see it and raise the price for a bowl of noodles to 100 baht instead of 80 baht. Are you really this poor?
>>
>>2641021
>>I pay extra money to brown people to alleviate my shame
>Peak American behavior and mindset.
Some serious truth to this. You can see it with the Mormons too who do shady shit or go against the teachings of their own "church" but then just pay more tithing money and declare themselves worthy.

Money is everything.
>>
>>2641008
>OUTSIDE. OF. SHITHOLE. USA.
Canada, LATAM, parts of SEA, Carribean, and parts of the EU have tipping. I tip for better service or goods, it really isn't much maybe 2-3 USD

>Singapore
>chinatown or little india
>let the people keep the extra SGD+change
>get basically double portion

>PH
>tip bartender/place near my hotel
>stupidly great service compared to other people and tables ever visit there after

>finland
>tip jars in a bunch of the non chain places

>Germany/london/france/brussels
>every taxi has a tip setting there for hasan/jamal/ahmed
>many restraunts will treat you indefinitely better if you give them an extra dollar once

>turkey
>tip anything and treated as a fucking super star

>canada
>go to main cities but instead of choose tip it's "hehe 18% added on for (dumb bullshit here)" looking at you specifically Vancouver

>go to LATAM
>tip
>actually get my shit spicy rather than white people spicy, portions and service are greatly improved

>Malaysia
>tip and get proper service
>don't tip get slop service and the guy taking the "long way" to your remote office

Most of the time I don't care about tips it's maybe 2 USD on something that costs me nothing that much anyways for a huge up tick in quality of service and goods. I see it in a ton of places I don't get the it's only merrica. Most places here just pay over the min wage anyways to get people in, tipping is just to supplement pay on top of that. People act like tipping comes up front when it's the last thing you do lmao, but if you tip and come back people tend to give you better service unless it's like Japan "RO NO HE TIP ME HE MUST THINK I CANNOT MAKEU IT ON MY OWN!" even that's dead, a bar I frequent I always let them keep an extra 1000 yen and treated great each time.
>>
>>2641211
>People act like tipping comes up front when it's the last thing you do lmao
This is why euros seethe so much. They are POOR and when they travel worry about whether a meal is actually going to cost them $11 or $12.50. American's on vacation don't even notice the extra $1.50.
>>
>>2641214
Almost always my food is sub 10 USD, throwing a dollar in there or just rounding to the next full local dollar >>> carrying more fucking change. I unironically will tip in countries sometimes just to avoid getting a slew of their smaller that 1 local dollar coins. That's probably the number 1 reason I tell them to keep the change or tip really, I just don't want a bunch of loose fucking change.
>>
>>2641218
>so that's why im pricing the locals out of their own establishments
>I don't want to be INCONVENIENCED
>>
>>2641227
Anon a foreigner tipping is not something anyone would hold to a local lmao. No matter how you try to fit in you'll always be a foreigner white dude. It's not like they probably aren't jewing you on portions already lol.

>inb4 "I'm a different type of tourist ahmed told me I am better than the rest!"
>>
>>2641228
>It's not like they probably aren't jewing you
A great incentive to tip, no?
>>
>>2641230
I don't care I don't want dozens of 10 yen coins russling around in my pants or wallet or 5 yen coins or 1 penny SGD or the absolute worthless PHP. I'd rather them keep it and do something with their business than have to go "oh boy tons of coins that will totally not be annoying and I can't exchange for bills anywhere!"
>>
>Those goddamn Americans and their... generosity
>>
>>2640994
>giving 50 cents to help the local people who live in poverty
>OMG Americans ruin everything!!!
why are Europeans so poor and heartless?
>>
>>2641240
>>2641235
my boy is really taking advantage of that hidden poster count huh
>>
>>2641235
americans are the greediest people on the planet

the only reason they tip is fear programming that their food will be tampered with if they don't, then just plain habit.
>>
>>2641243
But you tip AFTER you get your food and service at the table... tips are generally reflective on how good the service staff was at being attentive and getting you what you need as a kind gesture.

The only time I probably tip up front is street food which is 99% the time worth it since they give extra for literally pennies of USD
>>
>>2641244
why would I tip *after* getting what I want? that doesn't get me anything.
Tipping in advance guarantees good food and service.
>>
>>2641246
I explained it, you tip after to have a card up your hand. It will incisive staff to stay on top of your needs because they don't know their tip amount.

euros really do be brain dead IQ
>Tipping in advance guarantees good food and service.
No lol they got their money why bother unless again it's one of those to go style things of street food where you pay and then they make it right there.
>>
>>2641243
Do you know who tips the most in the US? People who work or have worked a tipped job. Waiters will go out to other restaurants and tip like 25%.

Americans are the most generous people on the planet, hands down. Statistics back this up, Americans give more money to charity than anyone. Americans poors will give money to all those "feed the children in Africa" charities. Euros will not do this. If anything they'll take credit for their governments doing this stuff occasionally.

Americans also believe that most of the world is much poorer than it actually is and want to help.
>>
>>2641257
>the ticking time bomb that is african and indian populations is due to generous americans

Wonderful.
>>
>>2641257
>>
>>2641257
>most generous people
>>
>>2640994
i tip 35% minimum
>>
>>2641334
are you trolling
>>
>Americans have enough money to give it away after a meal
>thirdies seethe
A tale as old as time
>>
20 baht is 50 cents. I don't even consider 50 cents to be money. If I dropped 2 quarters on the ground, I wouldn't bother to pick them up. If tipping that little makes the locals happy, I'm all for it.
>>
>>2641257
>Waiters will go out to other restaurants and tip like 25%.

Yeah I'm sure a waiter wouldn't lie about how much they tip.
>>
>>2640994
20 baht is 50 cents, roughly. If you are so intimidated that you can't not tip if anybody else tips, and so poor you can't afford to match fitty cent, maybe stay home.
>>
>>2641020
Come, let me tell you all about yourself, using my superior brain knowings...
>>
File: 1290127109428.jpg (7 KB, 230x182)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>Stop doing what I don't do, the thread...
>>
>>2641201
If you were generous you'd actually pay your taxes so your own country was not so full of poor nignogs and fentanyl addicts

I literally won't take advice from an American lol
>>
>>2641950
>paying the government will force the government to stop importing negroes paid for by the taxes I give the government

very strong argument.
>>
>>2641381
American waiters live off generosity, so most of them are generous to the point of being a spendthrift. they can't save money worth a damn.
>t. used to work and live with some extremely colorful restaurant staffers at a national park resort
>>
>>2641020
based
>>
>>2641234
Are faggots so used to swiping plastic that they don't even know how to use coins in transactions? If the bill is 82 baht, you can pay 100 and get a handful of small coins, or you can pay 102 and get a 20 baht bill back.
>>
>>2641189
I'm American and this is accurate. Americans can't just eat what they are served as it is, like everyone else in the world does. They always need to demand something from the staff. So they feel the compunction to leave a tip.
>>2641201
What does being poor have to do with choosing to pay the standard price for goods and services? The value of my meal has no relation whatsoever to the value of my bank account.
The kicker is, it is you stupid paypigs who always end up complaining about being overcharged and ripped off in a country like Thailand, while poor, poor me pays the fair market value for everything.
>>
I'm from a European country and after reading this thread here are my takeaways:

Americans abroad tip mainly because they want to set themselves apart from European travelers, thereby creating a null-sum competition that tends to drive up prices for every customer

They are oblivious to the latter and lie about the former and refuse to learn anything when it's explained to them

Tipping anyone never occured to me. The price is the price and where I'm from tips are often refused because it would be shameful to accept them. Now I will set aside an extra budget of around 20 Euro per travel for places I might visit repeatedly or I simply actually liked the people there.

Most importantly when I notice there is some mutt traveler close by I will try my best to pay first to shame them by paying 50% + 3 Euro extra just to deny them an undeserved feeling of superiority for spending frivolously
>>
>>2641968
Lmao get over yourself
We literally don’t care about Europe and don’t think of you at all
We tip abroad because we tip at home. It’s a habit, nothing more
>>
>>2641968
This is seething resentment incarnate.

What all this whinging about tipping actually amounts to is that Europeans live in pseudo communism, get taxed to absolute dogshit, and therefore even some middle America trailer trash cashier at Walmart makes a comparable salary to a skilled professional. I would be angry too.

Me personally, I only tip delivery drivers, I don’t just randomly tip servers unless it they were exceptionally attentive. But even for Americans who tip everyone, we can afford, unlike little cricket dick eurofaggots who get taxes at 40-50%

Having a month of vacation, “free healthcare,” or any other dogshit doesn’t make up for the taxation and pathetic salaries. I don’t have to penny pinch.

I can make 70k working as a security guard which is effectively getting paid to sit on my ass. I heard even software engineers are making like 40-50k in jewrope.

LOL stay mad you’re not the global financial hegemony
>>
>>2641968
That's sounds like it's actually a good thing though. When blacks get priced out of a neighborhood the place improves dramatically. Crime goes down and scammy liquor/lotto/check cashing places get replaced with actually good businesses and upscale restaurants.
The same applies here, whore bars will be replaced with somewhere that you can take your girlfriend, jeet run hostels will close, vomit will disappear from walking streets and street vendors and hawkers will be replaced with actually good stores. All because a better clientele arrived.
>>2642088
Wow you are so mad.
>>
>>2642107
>The same applies here, whore bars will be replaced with somewhere that you can take your girlfriend, jeet run hostels will close, vomit will disappear from walking streets and street vendors and hawkers will be replaced with actually good stores. All because a better clientele arrived.
No, everything will be the same, or worse, just much more expensive
>>
File: 1684525324556174.png (403 KB, 680x723)
403 KB
403 KB PNG
ITT: "yeah I've traveled the world and seen it all, I've been to thailand at least 10 times for holiday"
>>
>>2640994
If a fat sat next to me in a bar abroad, I would immediately get up and move. I did my best to avoid americans when I was abroad because they are embarrassing.
>>
I'm American and I tip everywhere. I'm glad to see the culture is changing overseas and restaurants in places like SEA are now demanding tips. Restaurant workers deserve a decent wage too.
>>
>>2641968
>As a european, my opinion is
>wall of retardation
>>
>>2641049
>starbucks card for breakwater waiter
this is more obnoxious than tipping money
>"here go and try some american coffee you tinker"
>>
File: 6200fy.jpg (82 KB, 601x471)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2641074
>>
File: 1685926930617056.png (904 KB, 1024x689)
904 KB
904 KB PNG
As an American, it's my duty to ensure Europoors are priced out of their dream vacations.
>>
>>2642184
>>2642190
Being a high-earning American is great. Doctors in the UK, Sweden, really any europoor country, make a fucking pittance, then they lose all their money to taxes LOL. Meanwhile a burger journeyman plumber can make more than them 5 years after graduating high-school LOL.
>>
>>2642208
>free healthcare
>1 month off per year paid
>walkable cities
>no chance of being shot by trigger needy cops
>longer lifespan
>women who mog anything you have
>hundreds of years of culture
Oh right we don't have fatty burgers...
>>
>>2642212
That only applies to the brokies, like you. Anybody can make $100k or more in the USA if they try. You can't say the same for Europoor. The fact that a fucking laborer in the states makes more than some white collar office manager is hilarious LOL. Any burger can get their CDL, drive for 6 months and make $60k or more, then travel for the rest of the year LOL. Meanwhile you're lucky to get that working full time in Europoor LOL.
>>
>>2642217
>Any burger can get their CDL, drive for 6 months and make $60k or more
mentally insane promoting the car culture
>>
>>2642219
Poor. No money. BTW, do you have to pay a tax everytime you post? Instead of a captcha, it's one euro-lyoo for your government LOL
>>
>>2642212
LOL I took a big smelly liquid shit on everything you just mentioned here >>2642082 (and of course nobody responded) guess I’m gonna reload and do it again.
>1 month off
*YAWN* oh boy you get two extra weeks off faggot I kneel
>walkable cities
There’s plenty of walkable cities in America you dumb faggot eurotard. I haven’t used a car for 2 years
>muh cops
Only applies to violent criminal apes try again
>longer lifespan
*YAWN*
>wormen mog
Stfu you’re not fucking any of them. You’re hopping on a plane to get your ant eater looking pecker played with just like us
>hundreds of years of culture
all down the fucking drain thanks to immigration just like us retard.

Only thing is, like I said before, I’m getting grossly overpaid for doing Jack shit relative to you. Get fucked lmao
>>
>>2640998
Pretty much. I accidentally tipped a qt Chinese college student waitress living in Tokyo and she was so starstruck with me that she asked me to go home with her after her shift. Thankfully I am a huge autist so I did not have sex with the bug and continued my weeb tourism after eating.
>>
>>2642237
kek
maybe they call them lorry loicense over there
>>
>>2642329
Five times more Euros visit Thailand than America.
Anyone talking shit about white sexpats in Pattaya is trashing a predominantly European crowd.
>>
>>2640994
Meh. I threw some tip money around in Thailand. No, it's not expected. Yes, they appreciate the fuck out of it. Even a hundred baht note is more than some of these little yellow twats make in half a shift.
>>
>>2641020
>You tip because you're programmed to. Because you're brainwashed into feeling fear and anxiety of social shaming if you don't.
Yes, that is correct.

I also tipped quite a lot just when WuFlu was hitting and all the restaurants were being forced to shut down for an indeterminate amount of time. It might be the last money some of the servers got to see for weeks. It was a meaningless amount of money to me, but it might have fed them for a couple of days.
>>
>>2642212
Any white collar worker in America has better healthcare than anyone in Europe. I got a bad sinus infection a few years ago and made an appointment, saw a doctor, and had a prescription filled in less than 2 hours. That cannot happen in Europe or Canada
>>
>>2643723

And no doubt the doctor gave you an antibiotic for a viral infection and sent you on your merry way.
>>
>>2641020
savage
>>
>>2643746
Sinus infection can be bacterial and viral sinus infection can turn into bacterial infection such as bronchitis.
>>
>>2643723
>saw a doctor, and had a prescription filled in less than 2 hours.

In Mexico or any other civilized country, this would have been nothing more than a five minute trip to the pharmacy and wouldn't cost you more than $5. Imagine needing pricey doctor's visit and a prescription for some kind of sinus medication. Only in America.
>>
>>2644118
>pay
Most people go to the doctor so their company paid healthcare will simply cover the bill. Pretty much the only reason I go to the doctor for some things rather than swing by dollar try and get some shit. That and often just gets me a freebie out of work.
>>
>>2641201
Give to charity instead of paying extra for extra service, which is pointless pleasure. It's not that hard.
>>
>>2644122
>will simply cover the bill

I think most people have to pay co-pay though.
>>
the barber is the only person i ever tip
>>
>>2641067
>>2641074
>>2641074
Could you stop shitting up every thread about Asia, you cretinous seppo? It's so fucking obvious as well. You're worth less than the dick cheese on my uncircumcised penis.
>>
I'm not from a tipping country. Has it occurred to any of you non-tippers that tipping is basically a bribe for preferential treatment on a subsequent visit? Why would that be a bad thing?

>>2642174
Why would this be a good thing? I don't think anyone in this thread is actually thinking about the end results. In your case, you're glad that you're no longer getting preferential treatment from other customers, since you don't stand out in any way. Do you think of tipping as some kind of tithe or sumptuary tax?
>>
>>2642180
It really is condescending, as if they'd buy drugs if he gave them cash.
>>
File: 1695370247284806.jpg (431 KB, 1080x1346)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
>>2642174
>Restaurant workers deserve a decent wage too.

Shut up Amerimutt. Restaurant workers are paid decently, unlike you Jew Americans.
>>
File: 1569957013118.jpg (31 KB, 594x451)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2640994
>at a bar in Thailand.
>Americans start discussing how pattaya girls are so easy
>Over hear one say what clubs he prefers.
>Says he had 3 lady boys sit on his face at the Ladyboy love club and it only costs $3 USD.

big oof and big ick then move seats.
>>
>>2644909
Lol never happened stfu and keep paying 50% taxes and gloating about 2 extra weeks of vacation LOL
>>
>>2640994
>Holy fuck Americans. Can you not go anywhere without ruining literally everything?
The answer is no, in case you are actually asking.

t. Amerishart

Living in this country isn't humane towards the tiny % of the population that have souls.
>>
File: 46356467468.jpg (77 KB, 960x698)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
>>2641076
>I'm important enough that people will remember me.
This is the average American's level of delusion.
>>
ITT americans not realizing different tipping norms abroad because in their so-called first world country servers get payed dirt while anywhere abroad they can actually live off working at a restaurant
>>
>>2640998
This. I'm sorry for making six figures and spreading the wealth, Eurocucks. I'm sure the watiers are always so pissed to get a nice wad of cash from some gringo and prefer Euro autists who don't give them shit.
>>
>>2644866
i actually steal from waitors in foreign countries because they are uppity faggots
>>
>>2646843
lmao reddit moment. It's about giving some retarded ching chongs at the fuck bar an extra 3$ which can be found in most peoples car cup holders but for third worlders that is what they make in a few days - go somewhere else and cope for not having enough cash to spare menial laborers for doing well you braindead europoor
>>
>>2645173
> being an smug yet unforgettable dullard
This is the height of european ambition
>>
>>2646843
Most restaurants I know pay about 15+tips. Basically everyone makes well over min wage and still more than europoors. The stigma of "WOE IS ME I ONLY MAKE CHANGE" is such a fucking guilt trip.

Unless you are a literal shaniquatimela or walking reddit <insert my pronouns here flag wearing furry>, most everyone gets paid a killing working in US service industry.

You might wait 5-6 tables an hour with tips being around 5 bucks a pop minimum+pay from the restaurant+meal at the end of shift. I know girls I've dated who can easily make 800-1100 in a weekend simply working at texas road house. They also NEVER report cash tips to the IRS, you'd be surprised how much wait staff makes
>>
>>2641020
I kneel
>>2641211
How the fuck do you get great service and then tip, meaning that the tip wasn't the cause of the good service. Or are you conducting a study on different establishments and visit more than once, probably with a mustasche and a hat?
>>
>>2646843
Yeah its annoying how lots of stuff is better than Europe but they just won't do it because "muh CIA influence" "muh European flavor"
>>
>>2646862
>they never report cash tips
This shit honestly pisses me off. My entitled older sister was a bartender in college and she’d make $500+ in tips in a single dinner shift then complain about her low paychecks from the restaurant. Bitch literally made $80-$90k and claimed less than $35k for taxes
>>
>>2642082
>>2642329
Friendly reminder that I took a big fat smelly liquid shit all over the eurofags ITT in two different posts and they couldn’t respond, because I’m right

They know I’m right and instead of cleaning this shit up, they have to let it stink up the thread because it’s a truthful and righteous dump.

Eurofaggots will never know our big girthy salaries and chaotic freedom. All they know how to do is rub wine glasses on each others buttholes, fart in them, and then shove it to their nose to get a whiff of their own butthole smell because they think they’re culturally superior
>>
File: unknown-13.png (1.2 MB, 807x807)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>2646992
>dated a bartender for a few months
>Asian girl with a decent rack and face
>some sports bar near a golf course+walmart+highway constant traffic
>would only work Friday/Sat/Sun(football+march madness season only)
>pick up an extra day here or there
>would walk home each week with min 1000- in tips alone most unreported
>complained about fair wages to everyone an how tips don't amass to 'all that much'
>mfw I was working IT 9-5, 5 days a week, bringing home around ~1950 every 2 weeks

Sure I had healthcare paid for and 401k, but holy fuck she rarely went over 35hrs a week worked.
>>
>>2646920
>How the fuck do you get great service and then tip, meaning that the tip wasn't the cause of the good service
Some people who are digital nomads, like myself, will stay in areas for 2 maybe 3 months at times. Not sure about other anons, but I often will eat at the same bar or place a few times. I for sure knew in Philippines when I'd tip the service and portions coming back was always better for tipping what essentially was 1 USD (if that).
>>
>buying a belt in cambodia
>5 dollar price tag
>offer 3 dollars
>girl at the stalls says 4
>i say ok
>"and $1 tip??"
She made me laugh so I let her have the $5
>>
>>2647088
Simp
>>
>2647008
How odd, most people would be highly embarrassed they sharted themselves but not this anon
>>
>>2647090
It was funny tho - I'd have done it if it were a guy too. Cheeky fuckers
>>
>>2640994
>complaining about someone else voluntarily paying 20 baht extra
grimposting has reached new lows
>>
>>2640994
you're one of those guys that brags about "getting it for free" in Thailand when you're really just stiffing a hooker.
>>
>>2640999
A daily wage is 250p. Youre giving half daily wage away for no reason. They dont think you're nice, they think you're retarded and you're ruining things for yourself in the immediate future when the business figures it out and jacks up everything
>>
>>2647010
Being an attractive woman is life on easy mode
>>
>>2641008
i tip everywhere i go. people love it. cope and seethe
>>
>>2647761
based, price out the poors
>>
>>2647661
I met so many faggots that would turn their nose up and proclaim “muh don’t pay for it” and then as the night went on and they got more drunk they would clandestinely ask how much I paid for the whore sitting with me.

Every time.
>>
File: IMG_20240113_112348.jpg (192 KB, 698x1340)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>>2647761
I despise tipping culture in my own country and never do it but earn good money even by Australian standards and tip all the time in South East Asia
These people earn jackshit wages and I enjoy making them happy with some extra, it's the nice thing to do and makes me feel good.
Good to see all the thirdworlders in here who think they can shit up other countries seething about it in this thread, I'm gonna tip more now simply because of OP's post.
>>
>>2647717
There are hardly any other Americans like me that are going to go to these places and tip anyway. I don't live in an area with a lot of tourists or expats.
>>
>>2642082
>>2642329
>>2647008
2nd reminder that I took a steaming shit all over this euro cope thread and have yet to have any of my points refuted.

This entire thread is a complex seethe about being irrelevant hasbeen little faggot nations who had their unique cultures vaporized under the centralized control of the IMF and creation of the Euro.

You will always just be vassals to the United States, and your peasant resistance via impotent snark about how Americans tip blindly falls on deaf ears. We don’t have to pinch pennies like you fuckin losers lol

As long as this thread is active I’ll periodically come back to remind the euros in this thread how I smeared shit on their faces and they did absolutely nothing. No refutation, no retorts, nothing
>>
>>2646920
>get some street food
>"Keep the change"
>noticeably get more than the person before you
>>
>>2648945
>noticeably get more than the person before you
Woah, you managed to get more food, just by... paying more? I bow to you Amerilard, you truly figured out how to cheat the system
>>
ITT: Absolutely assblasted seething Eurocucks

>Be me
>Go to wedding on Austrian border
>Buy a dozen drinks for the table as a nice gesture
>Some Austrian cuck starts screaming at me that he can afford his own drink
>Say “no you can’t”
>MFW
>>
>>2642174
Fuck you

t. burger
>>
In Croatia, Americans are treated a lot better than the European tourists in restaurants because the servers know they'll probably get a tip. It's especially noticeable in Dubrovnik. You can walk up to a restaurant that's packed, plop down 20 euros to the hostess up front and walk right the fuck in and sit down while 100 people stand in line outside. You get your drinks first. You get served food faster. All for a measly 20 euros.
It's the same with line passes in Rome, or in an amusement park. If you can afford not to stand in lines, why would you?
>>
File: pajeet-06.png (521 KB, 526x531)
521 KB
521 KB PNG
>>2648003
Over tipping the Thai waitress in Bangkok because she makes $10 USD daily = good

Tipping the snarly, entitled white waitress in Florida = bad

I hate tipping Americans, they're insufferable idiotic.
>>
>>2640994
Seinfeld/Curb Your Enthusiasm in one thread
>>
>>2640994

Europoors and Anglofags are whiny , entitled leftoid cheapskates and they wonder why everyone around the world hates them and loves American tourists and caters to them the most. They don't understand capitalism and profit motive because Europe has been decimated by Marxism and it shows. They are barely hanging on if it weren't for American tax dollars propping them up. Even in African countries they harrass Europeans but welcome Americans with open arms. China likes Americans more than Europeans. This makes me want to tip even more and maybe even clap when the waiter brings my food.
>>
>>2649043
KEK

Based, Australians are fucking retarded.
>>
>>2647908
Based and burger pilled
>>
>>2649295
>maybe even clap when the waiter brings my food.
topkek
>>
>>2649295
>Even in African countries they harrass Europeans but welcome Americans with open arms
Africans absolutely hate Americans because unironically because of a lot of/pol/ talking points about how the US is evil, satan worshipping, illuminati shit pushing LGBT propaganda etc. whilst also thinking Americans are all racist
>>
>>2649295
As someone that has actually travelled to the places you've been to, I can safely tell you that you are mistaking people liking Americans with people knowing that Americans are easy marks/pay pigs. All the places you mentioned hate American identity, politics etc but consider American tourists easy marks to extract money from. Europeans are generally seen as less gullible
>>
Unbelievable ground shaking amount of seethe and cope in this thread. Americans tip because we tip at home therefore it's just behavior we're used to. We don't think we're better than anyone else if anything it's probably something people do on autopilot because it's that normal here.
>bu bu but
Don't reply Euroseethe to me I won't even read it
>>
File: 23423.jpg (72 KB, 609x405)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2640994

Tipping is very White, White American to be exact. It has its roots in indentured servitude. Its also the easiest form of charity.
>>
File: 1581048737958.jpg (35 KB, 500x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>2649632
As an American

We only tip because of fear of reprisal. Everyone says "if we come back they might spit in our food!!"

And then you have the retarded cucks who are generous because they feel bad for the poor servers who accept slave wages from their slave drivers. Imagine not only paying for food but paying the wages of your server because they hand you food. Want to really be generous? Go tip a sewer worker, they endure far more and make far less.
>>
>>2649632
>Americans tip because we tip at home therefore it's just behavior we're used to.

Yeah because you've been conditioned by the Jews to tip.
>>
>>2649684
>you don't heckin' understand
>me paying the wages of servers so their kike bosses can save $$$ is an act of kindness
>>
Do euros do anything besides seethe about America?
>>
>>2649711
The seethe is just papered over envy.

The fact that I can saunter into a bar in Thailand with my big girthy American salary, earned by sitting on my fucking ass as a security guard, while these little spindly eurofags have to sweat and scowl over some engineering horseshit for LESS than me is the price reason for their IMPOTENT grumbling over a pittance of a tip; mere Monopoly money for you and me, but a fucking insurmountable financial conundrum for the pitiful eurocommie who’s history and national were raped and brought under submission by the faceless bureaucrats of the IMF and UN.

The polite and gentle European nature is no mass for the machinations and chaos of the American experiment and it’s dangerous casinos of financial access.

I DARE ANY European to raise his little pipsqueak voice in this thread again
>>
File: pepe.jpg (29 KB, 600x600)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>2649757
It is true that Americans make more.

But you'll also lose your entire savings at the first sight of a medical emergency, and you have to live in America.

The only advantage Americans have is to make money then get the fuck out of their shitty country. Also I'm Norwegian and I make more than you
>>
>>2649769
Why does the entire world believe the USA healthcare propaganda? Almost all of us have affordable, excellent insurance and we have world class healthcare available coast to coast. The only people without insurance are the very poor, who can go to any emergency room or free clinic and get free treatment
>>
>>2649681

Only mexicans do that. Do you best to avoid shitty mexican people. They are the worst people in the new "America". mexicans and inner city blacks should be avoided.
>>
>>2641020
Absolutely this. It's baffling how anyone would defend tipping culture
>>
>>2641020
Holy cow you are upset. We’re sorry we can afford to leave an extra 100 baht or 3 euros after we eat for good service. I know you must be envious
>>
>>2642836
you are proud for all the wrong reasons man.
incredible post.
>>
>>2650433
kek as a Burger I usually disavow our tipping culture but when I encounter assmadness like this directed against us I can only laugh
>>
>>2650616
that's why you're poor and live paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>2641950
Americans pay the highest taxes in the world

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.