[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

File: In Remembrance.png (28 KB, 1332x832)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
In remembrance of the last paper planes thread, which just so happened to be one of the oldest boards on 4chan that passed away quite recently, this thread will serve as its successor. Hopefully this thread won't be prematurely bumped into oblivion like the last one did.

Anyways, this thread could serve as a sort of "Paper Planes General". Feel free to post your designs, .pdf files, and folding instructions. Anything goes as long as it flies or at least looks like its supposed to.
>>
Here's a little something to get things started. This is one of my favorite origami airplanes books out there: Origami Aircraft, by Jayson Merrill.

These designs are pretty kick-ass, in my opinion, given how functional they are (namely, functional landing gear, moving canopies on certain models, and overall flightworthiness). Personally, my favorite design in this book is the Firebat, though I strongly recommend trying them all out.

PROTIP: Use the thinnest paper you can find! I recommend tracing paper since it is the most lightweight and can give your models superior flight characteristics. Anything thicker will result in dense, stiff, and difficult-to-fold models. This especially applies on some of the more complex ones.
>>
A bunch of neat designs
>>
>>
>>561924
>Jerry Mander
heh
>>
>>561933
Ah, the Nakamura Lock. Simple if nothing else
>>
Alright fellas, here's an archive of all paper models by Zio Prudenzio, lest they go offline like the rest of his website.
I'm missing the Reggiane Re.2005, does anyone have it?
And what about Raktapaksha-Trotskiy models? I asked in the old thread, but forgot to check again for replies on that and now I can't find it on any archives.
https://mega.nz/#F!iXoEnAZa
>>
>>562174
That link is password protected, sorry about that. Here's a fixed version.
https://mega.nz/#F!iXoEnAZa!1ODancibnddg6igQXddWUA
>>
File: porco rosso.jpg (161 KB, 1600x1096)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>561868
does anyone have a pdf of the plane from porco rosso, the Savoia S.21? I would really like to make it.
>>
File: CNT-0010726-01.pdf (807 KB, PDF)
807 KB
807 KB PDF
Canons free white wings, very good flying characteristics. Should be made of heavy paper.
>>
File: CNT-0010813-01.pdf (727 KB, PDF)
727 KB
727 KB PDF
>>563600
>>
File: CNT-0010976-01.pdf (684 KB, PDF)
684 KB
684 KB PDF
>>563601
>>
>>561868
I am just leaving this homepage here. I build already nearly all of these jets and they even can fly.

http://ojimak.web.fc2.com/hanger.html

If it asks for a password, its "ojimak"
>>
>>561868
Origami jt that flies pretty well
https://imgur.com/gallery/N8JIF
>>
>>564517
Similar model with some clarifiation on the "jet fold"
>>
>>561868
plenty of paper plane stuff out there.
>>
File: image.jpg (1.15 MB, 2592x1936)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>561869
here's my attempt at the diamondback using paper that is way too small.
>>
>>563220
I would also really like to make this.
>>
>>563220
See
>>563709
>>
>>566856
shiny!
>>
>>566856
he cute
>>
>>563709
Some links are missing
>>
>>561869
the aurora one looks great but i am really confused with which crease indicates the place where i should outisde reverse fold and the picture is really low resolution
could anyone show me how to 7th step please
>>
>>563709
Ok, anon. Based on this >>570275
Is there an archive or something?
I really wanted to do F-2A and MIG28
>>
>>566856
That's a big plane.
>>
>>563709
So I just did the first one. With scissors and glue stick. I am pretty sure I was not supposed to do it that way. It still flies, but it doesn't look that good and I have a feeling that it will eventually break. I also made a big mess of paper. So any suggestions on what I should use?
>>
>>561869
Noice
>>
>>561868
Anyone got WW1 flyable planes?
>>
>>561868
How old are we talking here?
>>
>>570698
17 November 2015

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.