[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1611352108926.jpg (13 KB, 440x475)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>shoot weddings
>be a photographer ""influencer"" & sell presets
are these the only two ways to make money with photography anymore?
>>
>>4306497
you can also sell workshops
go corporate and just do boring headshots for a living
or try to land gigs with advertising agencies or network with news corps

Photography is a one-way cashflow for 99% of us
>>
>>4306497

The richest photographers on planet earth in 2024 are women taking photos of their buttholes and selling them on onlyfans. I wish I was joking but this is actually a fact.
But maybe you can make a few hundred dollars slaving away all month while they make a few hundred thousand in the same time.
>>
>>4306497
Babies.

Take photos of people's babies. And focus on new borns. New parents will shovel lots of cash for taking sub par quality photos of their potato brained kid in a red wagon at Christmas time and in a comfy blanket in the fall. The parents do most of the work for you by dressing them and posing them.
>>
>>4306538
This is true. Do onlyfans sloots pay for photographers or do they all just use their iphones + tripod + ring light?

>>4306549
That's not a bad idea anon but I don't really enjoy spending time with kids.
>>
>>4306602
The thing is, the audience prefers the homemade look. I have had a few try out to make some proper shoots, but in the end the ones that do it that way do it so they can keep some dignity, not because its a better performing content.
>>
>>4306538
The richest photographers on the planet are living off the dividends from their dad’s investments, anon.
>>
>>4306538
most ''income'' statistics and estimates that you read on the internet are false.
most (if not all) photographers (famous or not) dont list 90% of their earnings on their businesses for the government to tax, especially in countries in and around EU, Russia and Asia where governments don't actively seek the source of your money (e.g you do a full on big scale project/shoot/job for someone and get paid like 15 grand for it and then randomly put that money in your bank account without labels or anything, and no one asks or questions you where you got that money from, so you get to have tax free +15 grand in your bank or in cash - also, thats why ''cash is king'' because you can do your thing without government stealing a percentage of YOUR hard earned money)

i know dozens of wedding/baptism photographers who earn close to a mil and some over a mil to two mil euro per season and they are not even famous or anything and their salaries on their businesses are listed as like e.g 50-80k a year. they only list a part of their earnings for each job (e.g if they get 10k, they make a receipt for 2k and only that 2k get taxed and the other 8k is pure untaxed profit) so basically government only taxes them for those 80k and the other 1M+ is pure untaxed profit.

for example, the photographer who owned the agency i used to work for, and has a deal with gq, vogue and bazaar has like 3-4 properties from where they operate, across the country and he brings in MILLIONS, out of which, probably only 20% is listed and taxed. and hes not the only big scale earner photog that i know. i know dozens more of people like that.
>>
>>4306663
the reason i even got into photography is because one of my childhood friends does weddings across eastern europe and he makes over 400k per season. (which is top 5% kind of rich here in eastern europe) and he also does interior design on the side off season which he basically does only for cash, just to get back the 26% of the wedding photography money that the government steals from him with taxes.

im not even a photographer and i basically take any little job i get offered and those side jobs get me like 2-6k a months, in addition to my horse shit 2.2k/month salary
>>
>>4306672
i do the same thing i bring in $1100 amonth after tax with my crappy job but little does my govt know, thats not my main source of income :))) only reason i have an ''real'' job is for legal reasons, pension, health benefits, free healthcare, etc... with relying only on a ''real job'' i would be living off instant noodles and not be able to afford 80% of the shit i have... i would have to budget for clothes, food and basic necessities with only bringing in $1100 a month... i fuck all governments and presidents in the ass and i re sell used cars, i make 7-8 times more or even 10 times more money if i get lucky, by re selling used cars, than i get while slaving away 8 hours of my life and getting taxed for it too...

if you want to live like a normal human being, then you people need to start to fuck this shitty capitalistic, democratic corrupt jew system in the ass and start getting your money '''''illegally''''', resell used stuff, sell your services like photography or walk dogs or teach english, freelance some shit for people, clean houses...... just do anything and everything that you can, that will get you paid in cash where government cant tax you and you will start to earn triple, quadruple or more money than you ever will with a ''''real''''' 9-5 job
>>
I don’t want to make a living. I just want to have fun taking pics of onlyfan thots. Seems like a good in to have a steady stream of pussy.
>>
>>4306537
Can you elaborate on news agencies? I've been thinking about that lately. Here in Oklahoma our press photographers are so terrible that even /p/ would beat them hands down
>>
>>4306830
do some research on how much you should charge (hardest part)

go to some local events (markets, shows, openings of new shops, or stuff that needs to be paid attention to in the community) take photos, build a portfolio then send a portfolio to your local paper and see how they respond to freelance work

same goes for real estate photography
>>
>>4306863
If there was like a protest and i took good photos of it could I knock on my kocal news channel s door and offer my pics for the 5 o clock news?
>>
>>4307022
Go watch the movie "Nightcrawler"
>>
>>4307022
Yes but how far are you willing to go? *ominous music*
>>
>>4306663
>>4306672
My dad works at Nintendo btw
>>
>>4306621
>the audience prefers the homemade look
no, you're just retarded. its that the whores arent making enough money to hire photographers.
>>
>>4307046
I will start the damn protest if that is what it takes
>>
>>4307054
youre either underage or completely retarded if you think i was joking or something
either way, get off this website and go back to facebook
>>
>>4306672
>government steals from him with taxes.
Welcome to Somalia my friend. There are no taxes at all, that means government won't steal your monee.
>>
>>4307262
ok ill help you because youre obviously too dumb to understand
point of my reply was that he is VERY wrong about onlyfans whores with cameras being the richest photographers, because most photographers earn 300-500% more than what is shown in their tax papers. most photographers will only tax 20-30% of their income and ''hide'' the rest of their earnings from the government.

OFF TOPIC:
its not just photographers who do this by the way, if you want to have a decent amount of money saved up, youre basically required to do this or you will spend 50 years of your life, saving up 500 to 1.5k a month depending on your salary, only to look at your bank account when youre 70 and realize that you barely saved up enough money to buy a decent car - to put that into perspective, my grandmother, when she was in her early twenties, spent 6 years saving ALL of her money working as a machine operator in a Marlboro cigarette factory, working for damn near minimum wage all while she lived with her parents and in just those 6 years she managed to save up enough money to not only buy 1,365m2 of land but also have enough left to build a 3 story 303m2 house. nowadays you would have to be A MULTI MILLIONAIRE to buy a plot of land that large and build a house that big and thats why artists of any sort, blue collar workers or just people who dont have connections to work high paying white collar jobs, have to resort to doing either illegal shit or to risk everything they have and risk getting homeless for the rest of their lives trying to start a business... its called a capitalistic, democratic jew controlled life and youre living in it too.
>>
What about photojournalist?
>>
>>4307262
>There are no taxes at all
you must be retarded, there absolutely are
https://sominvest.gov.so/procedures/tax-regime/
>>
>>4307060
Be the martyr
Take pics of the protest in your defense
>>
>>4307316
thats one of the biggest reality check bombs about life that ive seen and it happened right here on one of the most degenerate internet forums

nice
>>
>>4307355
>making money
>photojournalism

please, son...
>>
>>4306549
not in my experience, the baby photographer dresses and handles the baby besides the diaper stuff. You also gotta be willing to put up with young kids which is a rarity especially amongst this board and its endless wall of social inepts.
>>
>>4307561
Thinking some ugly demon that smells like spoiled milk and ketchup is tolerable doesn't mean you have good social skills, it just means you're probably a woman or just have no taste. Dealing with other peoples children has prevented many people from starting their own families and realizing it's only other peoples kids that suck.
>>
>>4307355
if you want to slave away for 12 hours a day and then some more on your PC when you get some, all for $900 - $1300 a month, then sure, go ahead, be a photojournalist
>>
>>4306672
Being a wedding photog sounds kind of based since it pays so much but idk the anxiety of potentially missing a shot fucks me up. I guess that's why they get paid though.
>>
>>4307022
If Spider-Man can do it, so can you!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.