[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Leica_Camera_logo.svg.png (139 KB, 2048x2048)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
Leicafags are an interesting species.
This is a thread to try and comprehend the minds of these consumerist retards.
Their subreddit, the premier place for Leica fans, has a rule explicitly stating that any photos need to "demonstrate a skill or technique that is incredibly difficult to execute correctly, has not been seen before, or both"
All the photos in the subreddit do not fit this idiotic criteria, yet are lauded.
99% of the posts there are about people buying gear instead of photos.
They care more about being seen with a Leica than actually using it.
>>
Here is a random assortment of a few photos from the subreddit that apparently follow the criteria, otherwise they would be deleted right?
>demonstrate a skill or technique that is incredibly difficult to execute correctly, has not been seen before, or both
Nothing difficult or uniquely captured via Leica that can't be done with any other camera
>>
File: 0oxe5a3s30s91.jpg (552 KB, 2144x3243)
552 KB
552 KB JPG
>demonstrate a skill or technique that is incredibly difficult to execute correctly, has not been seen before, or both
Blurry out of focus shot of nothing, poor composition and endorsement of alcohol
Garbage
>>
Decent shot, poor composition and framing, but also nothing that can't have been done with another camera.
>>
Dude his head is like covered by the post bro it's like about how technology and conformity cover our identities bro do you get it bro
Again, nothing about the shot is unique to Leica.
>>
Literal nothing shot of a guy walking across the road
The shadows aren't interesting, the composition is boring, the tones are flat.
The only reason they think this is good is because it's Leica
>>
Tiny and horribly focused shot of a deer or elk or fawn (i'm not a biologist) doing nothing and not even posed in an interesting way.
Most of the photo is branded with the film stock they used instead of caring about the actual photography.
Again, nothing about this stands out as unique to Leica.
>>
This is the only one I kind of like, but this was the last photo in a set that previously was photos of a woman in a bikini. I refused to save and post those shots because I do not care for women or photos of women or women as subjects of photographs.
This shot took more skill than the others because you have to go underwater, but again, any random film camera that can go underwater can take this shot.
The "Leica look" is meaningless.
>>
Literal snapshot of an out of focus kitty with no composition
>>
Again, another no composition, no story, no nothing snapshot but it was taken with a Leica so it must be gold
>>
>>4297444
This is why I just have fun taking pics of things I like. Eye of the beholder, etc. It gets so gay when you add all the pretentious art bs. It's almost like that page is being satirical with these pictures, but they are dead serious.

I don't hate Leicas either. I just think they're another toy to have fun with...
>>
>>4297438
It's almost like the type of person to demonstrate that they have purchased the expensive, luxury version of something are same type to get high off their own farts. Imagine that!

>>4297439
I do like this one, though.
>>
>>4297438
OP is an insecure poorfag roasting a bunch of other people’s photos without having the guts to post their own - probably because they are a trash photog anyway. I see the same shit talking about Leica shooters from poors all the time. Let me tell you what it’s really about.

* Manual rangefinders are fast
* Short flange distance means lenses with amazing quality can also be v small
* Leica makes cameras that last forever

Really the first thing I do when I get a new Leica body that has a red logo is remove or cover it, and tons of other Leica shooters do this too

In conclusion op is fake and gay
>>
Looks like you caught a live one OP
>>
>>4297445
>>I do not care for women or photos of women
>>the Leica look is meaningless

I’m starting to suspect this whole thing is just bait, nobody is actually this retarded
>>
>>4297464
>* Manual rangefinders are fast
An SLR with a microprism or split prism is actually faster
>* Short flange distance means lenses with amazing quality can also be v small
Lots of SLR lenses are super sharp and reasonably compact, less than 1/2" longer
>* Leica makes cameras that last forever
Leica cameras are notoriously fiddly and need frequent servicing. Some of their highest priced models had fatal flaws like rusty sensors, failing buttons, and firmware crashes.
>>
>>4297466
It is. He has been posting his somewhat warranted leica hate in atleast two other threads, and was inspired by a certain someone to make this thread. It's kind funny, I guess.
>>
>>4297468
>>An SLR with a microprism or split prism is actually faster
In what world is spinning a 6” diameter focus ring 180 degrees faster than spinning a 4” diameter focus tab 90?
>> Lots of SLR lenses are super sharp and reasonably compact, less than 1/2" longer
That’s what I said, rf lenses are smaller. You forget to mention that besides longer, slr lenses of the same focal length and aperture will also have a larger diameter due to the more aggressive corrections needed for the longer flange distance

>> Leica cameras are notoriously fiddly and need frequent servicing. Some of their highest priced models had fatal flaws like rusty sensors, failing buttons, and firmware crashes.
I’ve got leica bodies from the 1930s all the way to modern day and they all work fine.
>>
>>4297472
>In what world is spinning a 6” diameter focus ring 180 degrees faster than spinning a 4” diameter focus tab 90?
1: I don't have girl fingers
2: SLR focus confirmation is more precise. SLR composition is more precise. Everything is done faster. Just don't have bitch fingers.
>That’s what I said, rf lenses are smaller. You forget to mention that besides longer, slr lenses of the same focal length and aperture will also have a larger diameter due to the more aggressive corrections needed for the longer flange distance
This is basically pure fucking bullshit. Smaller RF lenses are WORSE, the "legendary" ones are the same fucking size as SLR gear because they both use "more aggressive corrections".
>I’ve got leica bodies from the 1930s all the way to modern day and they all work fine.
Now I know it's a larp or disingenuous (you're avoiding the shit models) because leica is plagued with shit models with unrepairable failing light meters, self-tearing shutters, light meters that cant be repaired, rusty sensors, shit firmware, dead buttons, etc.
>>
>>4297472
if you cant spin both rings at the same speed you have a genuine disability. the leica would feel more delicate, but it should actually be slower due to less precision inherent to using a shorter scale. you should be able to turn each ring lock to lock in the same amount of time but stop on a correct focus point faster with less hunting on the SLR.

there's a reason leicas are jewelry and recreational (LARP/fashion) kit and the whole world went to SLRs, and even mirrorless is just based on the concept of the SLR.
>>
The itoddlers of the camera world
>>
>>4297440
>>4297446
>>4297447
these are crap but at least the others are pleasing to look at even though none of them are groundbreaking or difficult
>>
>posts photos better than 90% of what gets posted on /p/
haha epic win OP, you sure pwned the leicafags!
>>
Wow you can tell who is a leicafag
>>
>>4297438
>99% of the posts there are about people buying gear instead of photos.
Totally unlike this place. What utter faggots
>>
>>angry about what camera someone uses

Anyone who cares what someone else does with their own hardware is a complete degenerate OP probably uses an android phone with a broken screen and talks shit about iPhone users to the other students in his special ed class
>>
>>4297438
I hate it that leica is such a fucking meme. Because I'd love to own a digital rangefinder. But leica prices are just too high. Such a camera isn't worth more than a mid-range SLR mirror less.
>>
File: m11.jpg (2.35 MB, 5606x3485)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
This is my $12,000 custom Leica M11 with a $12,500 50mm f/0.95 Leica Noctilux on it.

OP is right tons of cameras can take good photos. But only a Leica looks good in your hands while you do it.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>4297518
neat, can you post some pics from it?
>>
>>4297518
Lmao what reddit post did you get this from?
>>
>>4297518
I don't care if it looks cool albeit, I'm not a cool person
>>
>>4297518
Only camera nerds think so and only camera nerds know what it is. Leica only impresses other loser men.
>>
>>4297530
https://www.reddit.com/r/Leica/comments/1bbhdff/50mm_f095_noctilux_arrived_today_i_am_in_awe_of/
>>
File: 20240323-DSCF1517.jpg (3.2 MB, 5011x2874)
3.2 MB
3.2 MB JPG
>>4297538
>>4297530
Is this better?

Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2024:03:23 11:17:29
Exposure Time13 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Brightness0.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length23.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>4297543
neat, can you post some pics from it?
>>
File: 20240307-L1000302.jpg (2.92 MB, 6386x3657)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>4297545
Sure. Here it is at f/0.95.

(f-stop number in the EXIF data is wrong because Leica doesn't actually store that information and Lightroom just tries to guess it.)

Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2024:03:07 16:44:57
Exposure Time1/6 sec
F-Numberf/6.8
Lens Aperturef/6.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Unique Image ID000000000056EFDD00FE0C3C040C4D22
>>
>>4297547
Oh, I meant more like normal / actual pictures, unless that's what you mostly use it for I guess.
It's also the camera that guesstimates aperture, not Lightroom, but is usually off by 0.5 to 1 stop in my experience.
>>
>Leica-fags pay $12000 for a camera
>the camera doesn't even know what the aperture is.

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>4297553
nevermind that, why is his shutter speed 1/6
>>
>>4297547
the $1,000,000 question
Did you buy this because it was your dream camera after years of snapshitting around with film rangefinders, or because you wanted to "btfo /p/"
>>
>>4297558
I'll be honest I bought it because it looked cool.

I didn't even know how to focus with a rangefinder when I first got it. I had to watch a YouTube video, lol.
>>
File: IMG_9316.jpg (247 KB, 954x1434)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>4297559
>bought a brick with a coke can attached to the front for looks
go back and buy a hasselblad. leicas arent cool anymore. everyone just asks you which fujifilm you’re using or says “hey is that a canonet?”

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width954
Image Height1434
>>
File: DSCN1470.jpg (134 KB, 640x480)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>4297518

this is my 1700€ Nikon D200 with rubber eyecup and longer strap, 1500€ 17-55mm US serial with protection filter, 16GB 29MB/s write CF, current aftermarket valuation is like 555€ prefer not to trade

Equipment MakeNIKON
Camera ModelCOOLPIX S3500
Camera SoftwareCOOLPIX S3500V1.1
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)61 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2024:03:23 18:36:04
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length10.90 mm
Image Width640
Image Height480
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used200
Color ModeCOLOR
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO
Image SharpeningAUTO
Focus ModeAF-S
Flash SettingNORMAL
ISO SelectionMANUAL
Image AdjustmentNORMAL
Auto FocusCenter
SaturationNormal
Noise ReductionOFF
>>
>>4297559
Real question here is how2 money like you. You aren’t also dog hair large-format guy that got a big inheritance And wastes it all on shitty photos now ,
are you? Tho, I suppose this hobby does attract dumb richfags lol
>>
>>4297581
Most of us live by throwing our life savings at 5x shitcoin longs and 0dte SPY options on FOMC days until we kill ourselves
>>
>>4297585
>"us"
>"we"
No. Not everyone is retarded
>>
>>4297581
Obsessed.
>>
I may just buy a Leica myself to may poorfags seethe.
>>
>>4297593
If you do it right you may even get an obsessed ankle biter that makes troll threads just for you!
>>
File: IMG_5561.jpg (671 KB, 2048x1460)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
>>4297593
me too but I will rather get S

CommentScreenshot
Image Width2048
Image Height2732
>>
>>4297553
As demonstrated here, Leicafags buy it to show off they can afford a Leica, not actually use it.
>>
File: leicafags.png (28 KB, 578x712)
28 KB
28 KB PNG
>>
>>4297620
>reflex, 3:2 large sensor
Ah, a man of culture as well
>>
>>4297553
>>4297698
what is the benefit of the camera knowing the aperture?
>>
File: s2m4p.jpg (1.32 MB, 1000x1338)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>4297558
my m10-m came after years of snapshittin with these two
been a solid 3rd or 2nd camera for shoots, and prob my edc choice 40% of the time
>>4297723
nice for exif, maybe organizing by aperture for lens review / comparison / excel, but i don't really see much purpose for normal shooting
between memory / knowing optical qualities of your lenses, it's pretty easy to figure out what aperture was used for a given shot
>>
>>4297559
Based
>>
read the comparison of ultra fast 50s on Philip reeves blog to see how the noctilux gets mogged by Chinese lenses now.
>>
>>4297757
So the pro strat is getting a leica body and chinese lenses?
Noted. I will return with more research.
>>
>>4297758
pro strat is the modern voigtlander m-mount lenses. theyre so disgustingly good on film. they have excellent contrast, minimal chromatic aberrations, and sharpness corner to corner from the widest aperture. they have excellent construction and are good value for money, especially if you are ok with a used copy.

i've been beating up a rollei 35 rf on hiking/backpacking trips and i have an m4-p that is pleasant to use, but i just don't shoot with it as much because i'd rather keep beating up the rollei on a lot of trips. in the end, theyre both just vehicles for my m-mount lenses of choice, which are the 40mm heliar, 50mm apo lanthar, and 28mm ultron v2. i'm hoping that voigtlander releases a 35mm color skopar v2, they have been refreshing their whole m-mount lineup and a pancake 35mm with updated optics would be great.
>>
>>4297450
>I just think they're another toy to have fun with
This sums all of the matters of muh leica bad.
only i don't like about is leica is expensive compare to the other toys.
maybe it's same as 3m ferrari vs 30k honda but i don't think it's the same.

I think the real subject leica should get shits thrown to is their SL series which is definitely aimed to be professional camera yet they made another toy that feels like professional not professional camera.

btw, when ERF comes? would they ever consider to make electronic range finder even?
>>
>>4297518
You look fucking rich and using your money like tap water, not because you have a leica but because you waste your money on buying 4chan pass
>>
Best Leica

Equipment MakeGoogle
Camera ModelPixel 6a
Camera SoftwareHDR+ 1.0.611900660nl
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image Created2024:03:18 20:56:13
Exposure Time0.2 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating756
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness-4.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.18 m
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.38 mm
Image Width3024
Image Height4032
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
File: 40mm c.jpg (166 KB, 1000x680)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>4297795
based but the lens is little bit disappointing. here's the best lens

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelGR
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)47 mm
Image Width2912
Image Height1936
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2017:07:11 09:37:58
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.9
Brightness6 EV
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length18.30 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height680
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4297450
They’re definitely toys lol. Real cameras have a TTL viewfinder. Electronic or otherwise.
>>
>>4297815
Is that the minolta?
>>
>>4297518
>pass user
>leica
masterful bait
>>
>>4297518
The best looking one's are entirely black without the red logo
>>
>>4297518
It's nice but I cannot fathom why anyone would buy that. And I say this as a wealthy man who can afford anything I want.
>>
File: PXL_20240325_115237316.jpg (2.55 MB, 3024x4032)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB JPG
>>4297815
Fixed

Equipment MakeGoogle
Camera ModelPixel 6a
Camera SoftwareHDR+ 1.0.611900660zd
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image Created2024:03:25 08:52:37
Exposure Time4169/250000 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating252
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness1.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.17 m
Focal Length4.38 mm
Image Width3024
Image Height4032
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>top /leicaphotos posts of all time (that aren't 80 years old scans)
could've been told these are all iPhone pics and I wouldn't question it

being a leicafag truly is an illness
>>
omg sovl amarite
>>
literal AI enhanced photo (post is 2 months old so it's plausible)
>>
yellow fever
colour me shocked
>>
File: ctvqei2n0hg51.jpg (56 KB, 1080x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
my car is an old Porsche btw

it's a cult lmao
>>
>>4298069
>>4298071
>>4298072
>>4298074
>>4298075

>dislikes something
>spends time actively looking at it

ngmi
>>
seriously what's up with the AI looking photos?
>>
>>4297438
>Leicafags are an interesting species.
leicafags are precisely the same as every other esoteric prosumerist for every other niche hobby
On /k/, theyre the retards that spend $4000+ on a faithful MK18 reproduction complete with suppressor, LMT/KAC lower, and DD upper, then probably never shoot
On /mu/gg, it's filthy third-worlders arguing about who has the perfect Les Paul because if it's not Gibson, the quality must be shit

essentially Leicafags are the epitome of "buying into" a hobby.
of every hobby that you could gearfag for, photography has to be one of the absolute worst, because almost every single camera within a "type bracket" (80's mech SLR, modern SLR, DSLR, RF, etc) functions almost exactly the same. Unless you're packing a Lytro or something, there's absolutely nothing you can do with your Leica RF camera that I can't do with an FE2, other than spend more money on the camera
>>
>>4298074
Couldn’t even move it up just a tiny bit to not cut off her head like, just looks so snapshitty amateurish lol. But muh bokeh I guess.
>>
>>4297543
That's some fucking fine handwriting.
>>
>>4297543
Jesus, leicafags truly are a cargo-cult.
>>
>>4298086
>seething about gibson
Ok monke

Leica is PRS private stock or a fender offset. No SOVL. Gibson is actually good.
>>
>>4298100
Actually fuji is fender offsets (no sovl, inherently bad design, nonartist darling)
Gibson = canon
Fender = nikon (fits since fuji is a soulless nikon copy)
Ibanez = panasonic
ESP = pentax
Cort = micro four thirds
>>
File: Vivzie.jpg (45 KB, 181x272)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>4297543
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>4298121
i didnt even notice the furfag OCs until you posted

>>4297543
yikes. why cant we have a richfag with taste who likes hasselblad and the good shit like fooly cooly?
>>
>>4298122
>richfag
>taste
>hasselblad
ngmi
>>
>>4298124
Like it or not, hasselblad is the peak of taste, and arri is the peak of taste and of technology (because lets be real, you dont need shit for tech for stills besides a big sensor and a lens that projects a pretty picture)
>>
>>4298126
This. you don't even need a dedicated camera as a hobbyist and even professional. all you need is a newest iphone
>>
File: fed.png (529 KB, 837x571)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
>>4297438
the reddit group hates fedposters
>>
>>4298396
every time I see a soviet era camera I imagine the reeking trans person shooting it and I get sick
>>
>>4298397
trannys to gulag
>>
>>4298396
No one likes fedposters
>>
>>4298074
>>4298087
I liked her nails
Otherwise not too great a picture
>>
File: New-3Q.jpg (326 KB, 1500x917)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>4298396
At least have discernment and get a Kiev

>>
File: 8323959867_4677ea0ee9.jpg (69 KB, 500x394)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>4298397
>>4298399
>>4298563

WHY YOU NEED CAMERA OF IMPERIALIST JAPAN WITH AUTOMATIC FOCUSING WHEEL??? YOU DON'T NEED PICTURE STILL HOLDING, ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE BUILT IN CAMERA BECAUSE OF HOW BIG IT IS LIKE FAT AMERICAN WITH MANY GUNS WHEN ONLY TOKAREV OF GREAT RED ARMY IS NECESSARY

WHAT HAPPEN TO JAP KNEE CON CAMERA WHEN POWER GO OUT??? WHY LOAD CAMERA WITH MANY USELESS FEATURE TO IMPRESS DUMB AMERICAN TOURIST???? YOU DON'T NEED CAPITALIST CAMERA OF MYSPACE RETARD GIRL

WHY YOU NEED NAZI LEICA CAMERA WHICH COST MORE THAN AVERAGE SOVIET HOUSEWIFE?

THIS CAMERA TAKE SAME PICTURE AND DOES NOT NEED ANY OF THOSE THINGS, IS ALSO MADE IN UKRAINE WITH PRIDE OF SOVIET RED ARMY AND GIVEN TO COMMISARS AND MILITARY OFFICERS WHO STARED DOWN FASCIST BASTARDS IN HARSH WINTER WITH NO FEAR OF DEATH AND DEFEND GLORIOUS MOTHERLAND. CAN ALSO CONCEAL CAMERA IN COAT OF POCKET FOR EASY TRANSPORT WHILE CARRY KALASHNIKOV AUTOMATIC RIFLE

FED NKVD IS MADE OF BRASS AND ALUMINUM METAL UNLIKE NIKON JAP CAMERA MADE OF SHITTY PLASTIC THAT ONLY LAST FEW YEARS AND HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE

FED CAMERA NAMED FOR IRON FELIX DZHERZINSKY WHO FIGHT ALONGSIDE LENIN IN RUSSIAN REVOLUTION AND KILL MANY WHITE ARMY PARTISANS, WHAT IS NIKON CAMERA NAMED FOR?????

YOU DONT NEED PLASTIC CAMERA MADE FOR DUMB ASS AMERICAN GIRL, GO AND TAKE PICTURES LIKE GREAT SOVIET MAN

>>
File: 26653-ts.jpg (410 KB, 960x540)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>4298591
GET OUT OF MY THREAD COMMIE
WE POST BRICK HERE LIKE TRUE FREEDOM-LOVING PATRIOTS
THAT IS THE TRUE CAMERA OF THE PEOPLE
>>
>>4298597
Unironically decent little snapshitter if you ever get one CLAd. Had one back in high school, nice vintage looking lens , surprised YouTube film faggots haven’t gotten all over it. It even has a wide and a tele as well.
>>
>>4298597

HAHA LIKE TYPICAL AMERICAN IS ALSO TOO FAT. CAN YOU PLACE IN COAT POCKET FOR EASE OF CARRYING M16??? BRICK CAMERA CALLED BRICK FOR REASON CAPITALIST PIG

ALSO BRICK CAMERA NEVER SEND TO SPACE, LENINGRAD OF KMZ WAS SEND UP ON SOYUZ ROCKET WHILE DUMB AMERICAN STILL FIGURING OUT REDSTONE AND NO-GO NAVAJO WHICH DOES NOT WORK LIKE CAPITALISM
>>
>>4298598

I believe Steinheil Munchen made a couple lenses for them too. They are grossly underrated because they are American
>>
File: PXL_20240328_071257094.jpg (247 KB, 940x705)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>4298598
Unironically my favorite rangefinder is pic related
>Solid aluminum build
>Surprisingly nice coated tessar-design lens, probably one of the best domestic lenses on a consumer camera
>Built to be serviced by a trained bonobo with nothing but a flathead screwdriver (read: US Infantrymen)
>rangefinder patch is massive
>oversized controls designed for use with heavy winter gloves
>genuinely tiny, less wide than a Pentax ME but slightly taller
>shutter speeds suck but I'll live
>$30 used
Currently in the process of putting a roll of Fujigold 200 through it. Makes me wonder what other fixed lens rangefinders I should consider. Maybe a Graphic 35 or Lynx 14.

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
>>4298934

I have one of these, outstanding camera. The Lynx 14 is another good one and has a very good lens on it, so good people are buying them to remove the lens and adapt it to mirrorless.

The Retina III is another good one to come from this era, though technically interchangeable only the front element is removable, like on the Zeiss Contaflex
>>
>>4297543
Are you the "Pls no bully" /fa/ggot in the EDC Threads ?
>>
>>4298078
It doesn't look like AI. It looks perfect. This is called the Leica glow. Leica lenses are some of the finest quality lenses in the world with coma, chromatic aberration, etc reduced to a minimum.
That's why photos taken on Leicas don't look like photos, but rather like something more.
>>
>>4300809
it looks like AI fur anon
>>
>>4300810
I can't tell you why you think that. I'm not a cognitive psychologist. I can only guess that you're just not used to seeing true quality, and that AI, since it looks at millions of photos, ends up averaging out the distortions that inferior lenses cause in their photos.
>>
>>4300809
>It doesn't look like AI. It looks perfect.
Some aggressive colour grade was applied, and it shows (on the background car).
>>
>>4300809
Its aggressively edited and ai enhanced

>le leica glow
Thats actually most M mount lenses being soft as fuck with a persistent sharpness falloff towards the edges giving you bokeh at every aperture. Leica lenses are poorly made compared to canon eos stuff from any year so when they finish shilling Ms “leica glow depth rendered microcontrasting nanocolors” they call canikon sterile and clinical
>>
>>4300840
Why do Canon/Nikon/Fuji fags always attack Lecia?

It's NEVER the other way around.
>>
>>4300841
>its never the other way
lol.
>>
>>4298078
desaturating blues and greens and pushing oranges for that cinematic effect™
>>
>>4300841
same reason why snoy cucks can't stop shitting m43 threads
>>
File: lica.jpg (121 KB, 720x1280)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
i recently became a leicafag
ask away
>>
File: L1054001.jpg (778 KB, 1500x1009)
778 KB
778 KB JPG
heres an assortment of photos i snapped today

Equipment MakeLeica Camera AG
Camera ModelM8 Digital Camera
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Image Created2024:04:03 20:53:47
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031BF
>>
File: L1054006.jpg (993 KB, 1500x1200)
993 KB
993 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:54:01
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/4.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1200
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031C3
>>
File: L1054015.jpg (745 KB, 1500x1009)
745 KB
745 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:53:49
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031CC
>>
File: L1054023.jpg (1016 KB, 1500x1200)
1016 KB
1016 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:53:50
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1200
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031D4
>>
File: L1054038.jpg (913 KB, 1200x1500)
913 KB
913 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:53:52
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1200
Image Height1500
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031E3
>>
File: L1054064.jpg (722 KB, 844x1500)
722 KB
722 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:53:58
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width844
Image Height1500
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031FD
>>
File: L1054067.jpg (243 KB, 1200x1500)
243 KB
243 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 20:54:00
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/1.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width1200
Image Height1500
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID00000000000000000000000000003200
>>
File: L1053979.jpg (1.85 MB, 2986x2389)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG

Image Created2024:04:03 12:40:25
Exposure Time1/750 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width2986
Image Height2389
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031A9
>>
File: L1053989.jpg (1013 KB, 1200x1500)
1013 KB
1013 KB JPG
lol

Image Created2024:04:03 21:15:31
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1200
Image Height1500
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000031B3
>>
>>4300928
>the subject isn't even in focus

Leica-fags will tell you no autofocus is a good thing.
>>
>>4300943
what's leicafag's excuse for the Q series
>>
>>4300943
Nah autofocus is nice :)
>>
File: DSI_5217.jpg (2.02 MB, 2000x3000)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB JPG
lecafags rise up!!

>>4298087
i don't mind the framing except that there's a lot of dead space behind her head. so it should probably be angled more to the left or vertical frame. i do think shooter should have waited a single second for those distracting headlights to pass
>>
File: DSI_5106.jpg (2.49 MB, 3000x2000)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>4300841
fake and gay
>>4300930
what kind of jam jar smudgy glass is this?
>>
>>4300983
The one i had with me :)
>>
Oh man, after snapshitting a rainy afternoon i totally get the lica hype, its all about the viewfinder.

None of my pics are good but i'll post em later when i get home
>>
File: L1054113.jpg (680 KB, 1500x1000)
680 KB
680 KB JPG
>>4301185
>tfw thread dies the moment i post in it

captcha: 2ASSMD

Image Created2024:04:04 21:22:53
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID00000000000000000000000000003233
>>
>>4297438
Not a Leica nerd, but I don't think it's necessarily a consumerist thing desu. Most of the serious Leica users I've met usually only have 1/2 lenses and about as many camera bodies. Idk if many users of cameras from the Big 3 can make the same claim.
>>
File: DSI_5341.jpg (1.72 MB, 3000x2000)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
*tips beanie

>>4301280
idk what consumerist even means with respect to camera gear
>>4301002
that's cool
>>
>>4297440
>and endorsement of alcohol
muslims will not feel the warmth of heaven
>>
>>4297744
love the skopar. love the m-4.
>>
File: file.png (157 KB, 439x626)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
>>4301280
>Leica users are too broke to buy anything beyond 1-2 bodies and ~2 lenses (total cost: $13-23k)
>meanwhile jap camera chads can buy a lifetime of gear and never look at dpreview again for the cost of one single crappy f2 nifty fifty lense
How do you measure consumerism? Money spent for value gained, or clutter? I guess it depends on if you care because of the way it impacts peoples lives, or if you care because of how it impacts organizing a minimalist "battlestation" and cramming it all into an "EDC bag".
>>
File: 20240404-DSCF1795.jpg (2.87 MB, 4883x2971)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB JPG
Here's my (digital) Leica M11 next to my (film) Leica MA.

Leica is literally the only company that will sell you digital or film, in the same body, and you can just swap the lenses between both without issue. All brand new. In box. With warranty.

I don't think anyone disagrees that Leica is expensive... but it's expensive because they're the only company that offers a camera system like this. If FujiFilm or Nikon wanted to come out with a system that lets me swap between film and digital, all in the same body with the same mount, then by all means.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX100F
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 13.2 (Windows)
PhotographerDaniel Fisher
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Created2024:04:04 11:22:15
Exposure Time13 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Brightness-0.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (280 KB, 1852x799)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>4301675
Wammo, poorfag special for less than a summicron

>>4301676
Until relatively recently, Nikon supported film and digital systems simultaneously, and easily could again, but even leica only did a limited run of their film camera for a reason. The market is flooded with 100 years worth of film cameras. Companies have to compete with themselves.
>>
>>4301677
>35mm f/1.4 Canon Tamron.

Can I put this on a Canon film camera from 1985?
>>
>>4301669
Love the skopar, been using mine for nearly 12 years, somehow outlasted every other body/lens I've gone through in that time
>>
>>4301678
I really doubt the VC would work. The tamrons are overpriced too, they're just the first thing I saw on ebay and recognized as decently sharp wide open night lenses (also huge)
>>
>>4301676
so can we see some photos you've taken with them?
>>
>>4301678
first party lenses work 100% all the way back to the eos 650

third party? crapshoot.
>>
>>4301678
no, they are EOS/EF mount, which started in 1987
if your canon is 1985, it's fd mount
>>
>>4300922

WHY YOU BUY NAZI LEICA THAT COST MORE THAN AVERAGE SOVIET HOUSE WIFE THEN PLACE SHITTY CHINESE LENS ON IT???

THAT IS LIKE DUMB ASS AMERICAN HEE-HAW RED NECK WHO BUY SKS RIFLE OF SOVIET HERITAGE AND PLACE RAIL ON IT FOR SHITTY CHINESE SCOPE AND ATTACHMENTS TRY TO LOOK LIKE TACTICOOL RETARD. RIFLE IS FINE!! LEICA IS FINE!!!

BUY LEICA LENS AND PUT ON SOVIET CAMERA. A FINE ZORKI OR FED IS OK. LENINGRAD OKAY TOO WITH 4 SCREW MOUNTS ON FRONT PLATE INSTEAD OF TWO. LENS IS WHAT TAKEING PICTURE NOT CAMERA. EVEN BETTER PUT LEICA COLLAPSIBLE SUMMICRON ON NKVD FED MODIFY FOR 28.8MM STANDARD. CAN ALSO FIT IN COAT POCKET FOR EASE OF TRANSPORT AMERICAN AR15 ARMALITE RIFLE.

IF BUY LEICA CAMERA USE LEICA LENS OTHERWISE YOU ARE AMERICAN HIPSTER WHO RELY ON NAME TO BE COOL. THAT IS LIKE BASTARD NAZI ARMY WHO DECIDE TO TAKE STALINGRAD FOR NAME WHEN SHOULD HAVE GONE SOUTH TO MOLDOVA FOR RICH OIL FIELDS AND ACTUAL OBJECTIVE, THEN LOSE WAR TO COLLECTIVIST FARMERS WITH OUTDATED RIFLE.
>>
>>4301787
cus digidal ranjefinder c:

Camera SoftwareAndroid KB2003_13.1.0.582(EX01)
Image Width1080
Image Height1415
Unique Image ID0048d1f0-71ec-4141-a27b-b25ca0a1cf36
>>
File: L1054219.jpg (1.08 MB, 1500x1009)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG

Image Created2024:04:06 22:01:37
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID0000000000000000000000000000329C
>>
Brought my M10-M along for the first wedding of the season. It's mainly an edc, use it lots for smaller portrait sessions, but always left it at home for weddings (unless I'm uncle bob).
Went way smoother than expected. Only troublesome part was the reception dancing (doing no flash f1.2-f1.7), really dark & tons of movement, made it difficult to reliably focus with the RF patch.
>>
File: L1054228.jpg (679 KB, 1500x1009)
679 KB
679 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:06 22:01:40
Exposure Time1/350 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1009
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000032A5
>>
File: DSCF0654 (2)4000px.jpg (2.88 MB, 4000x2745)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB JPG
I love my digital Leica, but good :)

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro3
Camera SoftwareCapture One 23 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)41 mm
Image Created2023:09:07 23:01:53
Exposure Time1/850 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness8.4 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length27.00 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height2745
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessSoft
>>
File: L1054240.jpg (1.21 MB, 1200x1500)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG

Image Created2024:04:06 22:01:41
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/4.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1200
Image Height1500
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000032B1
>>
File: L1054312.jpg (1.16 MB, 1500x1200)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
i know most of these shots of mine arent very inspiring, but thats because all the good ones are of my friends and im rly not comfortable with sharing those here

Image Created2024:04:06 22:02:18
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/3.4
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/3.4
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Image Width1500
Image Height1200
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000032F6
>>
File: L1054315.jpg (326 KB, 1500x1200)
326 KB
326 KB JPG

Image Created2024:04:06 22:02:20
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width1500
Image Height1200
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image ID000000000000000000000000000032F9
>>
File: 240406003.jpg (1.38 MB, 2500x1653)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>4301797
picrel, selfie included

Camera ModelLEICA M10 MONOCHROM
Camera SoftwareCapture One 23 Windows
Image Created2024:04:05 13:18:08
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
ISO Speed Rating2500
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Image Width2500
Image Height1653
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
ContrastSoft
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID000000000055BE3E3E5C2283466AE96D
>>
>>4301808
>I bought a $8000 camera to take a photo of a urinal.
>>
>>4301810
Hell yeah dude! Urinals are the thing I take pictures of, and it's the only camera that can capture them so beautifully, that is why I bought it.
>>
>>4301810

>Checks ebay
>two for under 2000

Wait, these things got cheap, shit even I can buy one now, damn. They are almost M3 prices.
>>
>>4301814
Digileicas got cheap after covid, I got my M8 for 1300 dollars
>>
>>4301814
Might be the rusty sensors
>>
>>4301815

Might be worth it to pick up an M9 and an LTM adapter for my Russian glass
>>
>>4301817
I went M8 just to avoid the sensor rot, considering its still an extremely lavish purchase. The 1.33 crop factor rly isnt that big a deal
Just my two cents
>>
>>4301818

That's not too bad, just means all the shitty corners on Russian lenses won't be visible
>>
>>4301818
>1.33
So it turns your Ricoh gr into an x100? Eww.
>>
File: 1710729690560843.jpg (444 KB, 1000x634)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>4301679
i swapped mine for a pre-asph summilux but im mostly shooting these at f/8 so the skopar is probably better. smaller, better aperture ring, more dampened focusing ring, better contrast and sun stars

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D70
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.2
Color Filter Array Pattern946
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image Width3008
Image Height2000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2019:08:21 13:23:04
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/20.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/20.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Auto, Return Detected
Focal Length60.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height634
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4301818
>the sensor rot
you can see the version of the sensor from the debug menu. if you get a good version you are supposedly immune to the sensor issue. i absolutely loved my m9 and sometimes regret upgrading to the m10
>>
>>4301820
No it turns your shitty leica snapshits into locked in pro tier Leica™ snapshots of timeless proportions. :A)

>>4301956
Huh, first time ive heard about that. Granted you gotta actually inspect the camera in person or get real intimate with the seller to make sure that's the case.
>>
>>4301977
>Huh, first time ive heard about that. Granted you gotta actually inspect the camera in person or get real intimate with the seller to make sure that's the case.
yeah you can look it up. if the seller doens't know the cheat code you can guide them through it. sellers of leicas will either know about this, or will follow your directions. or they are retarded.

often the title of the sale will include the ID of the sensor in it. if i remember correctly CCID 8 or above and you are fine. the monochrom will have different IDs but the principal is the same.

you can also get the serial number from them and email leica to ask about its maintenance history, which i also recommend.
>>
>>4301977
>>4301992
the debug menu of the M9 will also show you the shutter count, which is cool. that basically goes away in the m10
>>
>>4301992
On the M9 you want CCID 15. CCID 8 was when they were first replacing the bad sensors with more of the same bad sensors before they had a long term fix in place. CCID 15 is the corrosion-proof sensor.

Re: all the Leica hate please tell me where else I can get a full-frame CCD rangefinder that lets me shoot every M and LTM lens ever made?
>>
>>4304166
voightlander is making some incredible fuji lesnes now
>>
File: 1699815437864366.jpg (240 KB, 1024x768)
240 KB
240 KB JPG

Comment{"key":"al2"}
>>
>>4304181
Fuji x mount is a crop sensor cmos system you turkey
>>
>>4301977
No you really don’t. Just email Leica customer service with the serial number and they will let you know if they have replaced the sensor with a good one, usually within 12 hours. I asked them about 3 body serials while I was shopping for an m9.
>>
>>4297473
You can’t just say “nuh uh” and be taken seriously, especially when you don’t know what you’re talking about. Longer flange distance means bigger lens. If you want to clear the mirror and use a wide angle lens at the same time you’re looking at an inverted telephoto design which is just big especially if you want fast apo.

Compare m-mount ecosystem to micro 4/3 and the trend continues. Absolutely tiny lenses - partly because of sensor size but a big part is indeed the minuscule flange distance of the m43 spec.

Anyway you people act like Leica users only own Leica rangefinders… the reality is that each camera type fills a role so my Nikon + Canon SLRs get used for some things, my hasselblad medium format SLRs and Japanese 645 rf cameras get used for others, and my Leica rf gets carried daily. Nobody is forcing you to buy and use a Leica, nobody cares about your opinion, nobody even knows you exist we just out here havin fun makin snapshits
>>
>>4304489
who cares faggot nobody buys a camera for the stupid sensor
>>
>>4304504
Sensor (and whatever force processing comes with it)+lens mount is all that matters. Everything else is a fun gimmick.
>I want a low resolution CCD bayer or monochrome rangefinder
>UH BUY 40MP XTRANNY YOU CAN PUT SOME VOIGTLANDERS ON IT
>>
>>4304506
what is so great about CCD?
>>
>>4304516
what is so great about CMOS?
>>
>>4304518
nothing in particular but there are more options for it now as that is what camera makers are making since 2009
>>
>>4304516
Whats so great about xtranny? Nothing. Shit colors. Blurry detail. Noise looks like worms. Only got worse with PDAF. Bad design.
What's so great about a bayer CCD? Super sharp, great colors, especially with big pixels. Global shutter. Noise doesn't look like shit.
>>
>>4297464
could you sound any more defensive?
what's the matter, got called out?
>>
>>4304524
no trolling allowed outside /b/
>>
>>4304544
Facts are trolling? If xtranny didnt lower resolution, wreck colors, and create worms they'd use it on their $8000 professional GFX cameras not just the chinese plastic larp scameras for "prosoomer" hobbyists who are mostly doom spending single men in the same demographic as people that live in trailers but have high end gaming PCs.

0 reason to buy a fuji when it's the same build quality as sony with half the autofocus and 2/3s the image quality. If you think it ever looked like film, it doesn't, a leica CCD looks 10000x more like film. It's so far apart you really need to get a job and shoot at least one roll of film through a camera with a good lens (leica) so you can see the difference.
>>
>>4304548
i own both an m9 and a fuji. the workflow is similar and i can't tell the images apart. why haven't you bought one yet?
>>
>>4304554
Why haven't you?
>>
File: 1687360483617144.png (166 KB, 565x803)
166 KB
166 KB PNG
>>4304555
i did, you goddamn idiot
>>
>>4304548
can we see some of the photos you take?
>>
>>4304556
>no photos from m9
Lol

>>4304557
Not when fujislugs are involved.
>>
>>4304558
>nophoto with FDS
>>
How do these arguments even happen?
>I have THE GEAR and its good listen to me!
You can instantly win this argument by posting a photo from "the gear", just one. Otherwise the joy of reflex might just be made up.

Maybe gearfags are just commonly trolled because everyone knows they don't take photos or own cameras
>>
>>4304563
I just like the additional context to the opinion it provides. Posting bad pictures doesn't invalidate the opinion presented, but posting good ones certainly can help add merit. Photos really help me see where the perspective is coming from and try to be more sympathetic.
No photo just makes it feel meaningless.
>>
Best Leica Camera

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 14.0 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution118 dpcm
Vertical Resolution118 dpcm
Image Created2019:10:07 14:34:37
Image Width580
Image Height580
>>
>>4304561
>FDS
fetal drug syndrome?
>>
>>4304778
fuji derangement syndrome
>>
>>4304805
Sounds like something a neo nazi made up to portray criticism of their favorite fat racist russo-israeli puppet as insanity, adapted to cameras. If thats where fujislugs get their memes i have no respect for them.
>>
>>4304814
FDS is contagious it seems
>>
>>4304814
Yeah * derangement syndrome originates from situations like this, where sensible criticism of zion don is called "trump derangement syndrome"
>Trump denies climate change, rolls back environmental protections
>So trump is complicit in this extreme weather situation, since he is actively working against efforts to fix it?
>NO CUZ CLIMATE CHANGE IS NOT REEL. EARTH IS FLAT. JESUS CONTROLS CLIMATE. U HAS TDS. THANK U KOCH BROTHERS MORE OIL PLS
If "FDS" is derived from "TDS" we can safely assume fujislugs are such retards or hang out with them. Fuji: the official brand of vladimir putin.
>>
>>4304814
>>4304825
>its 2024 and xhey somehow are still desperately clinging to le orange man bad
Jesus Christ man everyone else has moved on lmao
>>
>>4304833
Moved on to Ridin' with Biden. Yeehaw!
>>
>>4301681
>leica owner
>taking pics for more than a few weeks until the novelty wears off and then they blow another $10k on a newer hobby
>>
which is the best digital rangefinder for my budget of $600
>>
>>4304805
>own a fuji x-pro
>buy a leica m9
>travel with two camera bodies, a fuji x-pro and an m9
>same equivalent focal length glued to both
>zone focusing and manual settings and flash, mostly

same workflow, same images. m9 has an extremely satisfying *ker-klunk, whiiiiiir* and i like using it more.

but they're the same.
>>
technically the fuji is a lot better than the leica, but the body isn't made of brass and it doesn't have a bad ass shutter sound.
>>
>>4305217
Fuji is technically worse due to having a smaller sensor and inferior color filter array
https://medium.com/@nevermindhim/x-trans-vs-bayer-fantastic-claims-and-how-to-test-them-475b4f1b7fae
The users believe the soft images with practically destroyed colors are "film like" because expired drug store film scanned by a retard is also soft with practically destroyed colors.

Fujinon lenses are inferior as well. No one is clamoring to adapt them to other mounts, they'd rather just use leica M lenses.
>>
>>4305220
its a sad look when you have to cite a 7 year old article, from a random nobody, that is 100% theoretical and uses 0 actual Fuji images, where the author even concludes
>An AA-filterless Bayer sensor and an X-Trans sensor of the same resolution are fairly evenly matched
in my own made up hypothetical, fuji is better, so there!
>>
>>4305217
Can't tell if bait or fujislug cope
>>
>>4305224
Xtrans has only lost photosites in those seven years. It can only have gotten worse.
>0 actual fuji images
Actually non fuji demosaicing algorithms are even better than the jpeg pipeline, if he shot jpegs with two cameras fuji would have done even worse
>>
>>4305228
and in 7 years time, you still don't have a better go-to article / post / comparison than something that doesn't even use fuji images
interesting you specify it's worse for jpg, and not just simply worse for raw too
>>
I think the market share and general userbase of fuji vs leica speaks for itself and settles the fuji-leica war.

One is for instagram
The other is for the museum of modern art

One is for the 1% of consumerist fools
The other is for the 1% of bored richfags, AKA real artists

Fuji has scam technology that doesnt improve anything and makes red/blue textures render worse (xtrans)
Leica has non-scam technology that improves even sensor illumination to make it perform better with lenses designed for film (steep light rays hitting the edges of conventional sensors scatter due to digitals thick cover glass, which film lacks, leica has specially curved microlenses to gather more of this recently lost light)

Fuji is mostly just aping Nikon's film era designs, and possibly aping Nikon period, since Nikon was the OG in running retro cameras for way too long, but overall they pull inspiration from everyone but themselves. Fuji(ca) has never made an original or revolutionary camera body.
Leica has been making their own designs forever and never copying anyone else. Everyone else copies them. Even Nikon copied them. Even Canon copied them. They are the original, like Fender and Ferrari.

Fuji "simulates" film, which is impossible on digital, recognizing that their users have no interest in film and just want something superficially retro to throw on top of their 40fps with snoy AF digital snapshits
Leica still makes a brand new film camera you can buy today, recognizing that their users have an eye for the unique painterly appearance and soulful experience of film photography
>>
>>4305285
can we see some of your images?
>>
>>4305285
This is the truth. Most fuji users are pretenders at best… have you seen /fag/, when they post photos instead of lens tests? Literal snapshots of sidewalks. It’s almost like using the brand comes with a style, developed by watching shitty pseud camera reviews on youtube kind of like the nikon tendency towards UWA HDR landscapes and birds. There is more photographic integrity in dog pics and tourism photography.

Fuji is simply not a serious camera brand and it does not appeal to serious photographers. They are closer to a toy brand. And leica is a jewelry brand for richer posers. Most magnum photographers i know the kit of adapt leica’s lenses to sony/canon bodies.

>>4305289
Can we see some of YOUR images?
>>
File: IMG_20240417_201947_893.jpg (114 KB, 1280x853)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
>>4305291
Man you're really sure of yourself.
>>
>>4305291
sure, to get you started >>4301808, >>4298865, >>4303209, ive posted a few hundred over the last few years, lots of collages too
some are leica, some are fuji, some are nikon
now you, and thank you for posting as I'm sure you will, it helps add context to the perspective
>>
>>4305303
On the /p/ ranking you’re near huskyfag and hairy negatives desu sorry. Same gearfag that was doing ai upscale tests to argue about four thirds?

Can isi or someone please demonstrate what photography is really about?
>>
Why would you ever want a manual focus camera? Shit is fucking dogshit. "oh, another ruined street shot, I guess if I shoot at f18 I could get it in focus, maybe"
>>
>>4305307
okay nophoto
>>
>>4305307
>Can isi or someone please demonstrate what photography is really about?
Why can't you?
>>
>>4305291
>magnum photographers
That's an oxymoron, most of what gets published by Magnum isn't even photography but upsold snapshits.
>>
>>4305220
>smaller sensor and inferior color filter array
just take the photo
>>
>>4305220
>Fujinon lenses are inferior
this really depends on which lens and at what aperture and whether or not you're just looking for clinical sharpness and contrast. my favorite leica lenses are old, the 35mm v2 summilux, the 50mm summarit f/1.4... but they are far from clinically perfect
>>
Is it worth trying out the digital M's for the first time with an M 240?
>>
>>4305993
if you want imperfect optics just buy a dslr, then you also get a real ovf
>>
>>4306024
Absolutely that’s a great camera. Just a little chonky. I’d try to stretch for an M10 for a better experience.
>>
File: 20240414-CMZ_7390-web.jpg (713 KB, 2000x1331)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>4305993
Have you seen the Light Lens Lab 8 element 35 summicron? I have the 50 Elcan reproduction they made, it’s exquisite. This is it on the Z6.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON Z 6
Camera SoftwareCapture One 15 Macintosh
Exposure Time1/250 sec
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias-1.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Image Width2000
Image Height1331
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4306044
nice m43 photo lmao
>>
>>4306044
>tfw learned to recognize capture one fake grain
>>
>>4297439
>>4297441
>>4297442
>>4297443
>>4297446
if it wasnt for leicas nice rendering lenses, these images would look like shit.
leicas god tier lenses are carrying the full weight of 99% of these images on their backs.

imagine seeing these shots taken with a sigma or tamron or some other cheapo garbage lens, where there is no contrast, washed out colors, obliterated highlight/shadow balance, etc., etc...

pure dogshit... its like giving a rich daddys boy one of those new 2024 ferraries that basically does the driving for you and then the spoilt, snobbish rat makes a TOP20 lap time around the track and brags how hes a pro driver now... like, no bitch, youre driving a ferrarri that does 0-100 in 2.4 seconds and does all the driving for you and youre racing against people in hondas, hyundais and bmws
>>
>>4306070
newest version of capture one has the realistic grain option thats based off popular, old film cameras and its a 100% copy of the grain pattern. not even a computer program can recognize the difference.
>>
>>4297568
Wow so you borrowed dad's camera to post big whoop
>>
File: file.png (983 KB, 1768x1104)
983 KB
983 KB PNG
>>4306102
Where?
>>
File: hands.jpg (170 KB, 1246x963)
170 KB
170 KB JPG
>>4305993
arri scientists said that if you laser finish and polish glass elements with main focus on sharpness and CA control, you get clearer glass and better sharpness and CA control but start to drastically lose contrast. they said it took them decades to figure out a technique where they can push out maximum sharpness out of a lens, without losing on contrast and that they had to make custom made machinery to achieve that.

aside from nikon, canon and voigtlander (and some sony glass and shitty old lenses) theres literally no one that would be considered competition to them in the current market when it comes to contrast retention. sigma, tamron and samyang are still copying old zeiss glass designs 1to1 and dont have the budget to buy expensive machinery to do what nikon, canon, sony and voigtlander are doing, so they just push for sharpness, sharpness and only sharpness....... laowa, 7artisans and others in the same bunch are stuck in early 2000's, copying either each others terrible glass designs or trying to copy sigma, tamron or samyang (who are copying old zeiss designs) and just keep failing miserably....... mitakon (and fuji) have like 5 good lenses that accidentally turned out to be on the level of nikon, canon, zeiss, leica...etc. and their budgest are dropping lower and lower each year. (although, mitakon just had some huge investment waves in 2021 from random chinese investors and all lenses they made since were god tier so we will see what happens next...)

and thats about it... we need a new lens manufacturer, because sigma, tamron, samyang and the rest are simply not it...
and voigtlander and mitakon make mainly manual focus lenses..

i hate ''gearfagging'' about lenses but ive been stuck doing portraits and weddings with my 3 zeiss otus lenses for 10 years and my 2 nikkor lenses for 16 years now..... they look run down more than a prostitutes vagina and im getting bored being forced to shoot with the same 5 lenses for ALMOST TWO DECADES NOW
>>
the sublimity of luxury goods. logos are magical runes that infuse materials with a special irreplicable quality.
>>
>>4306106
>Leica
>Competition
Their lenses are objectively mediocre, in nearly every way, and there is not one quantifiable metric you can come up with to "spot the leica". Even the color transmission is so inconsistent as to be brandless.

A lens is good, or it is not, after copy variation. Brandfagging lenses is a waste of time other than the fact that fujinon lenses seem to have a habit of breaking. I used to shop around for fuji gear before going mirrorless and fuji was up there among the ones most likely to yield half a page of parts only listings, something more typical of gear from the 90s.
>>
>>4306044
yea that's a pretty good value i think. iq 9000 /p/ post
>>
>>4306107
People have been fooled by my fake rolex daytona for 3 years now ahahahahaha

China making feicas when? They must know how. They make snoys and probably make most of leica’s parts.
>>
>>4306120
>leica lenses are mediocre
leica, voigt, nikon and zeiss are the only 4 manufacturers who CONSISTENTLY made god tier lenses from 1930's til today
(besides MF manufactures and cine shit)
>>
>>4306322
All 4 of these consistently released horribly bad lenses as well but if you're a fanboy it's a soulful lens and if you're not a fanboy it's a bad one with a brandfag markup

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.